+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acclimation?

Acclimation?

This doesn't seem to be very popular except on a few fights, however it seems there is a ton of non-physical damage in the heroic 5mans. Doesn't Acclimation proc against all of that? Why is it not taken more regularly by more Frost tanks?

Acclimation and Spell Deflection are situational at best. 30% chance of +50 resistance, stacking three times for a grand total of 150 extra resistance to one school of magic.

The total mount is too low to invest 3 talent points in, plus it's a chance to proc. Most tanks tend to go for solid mitigation talents with the smallest amount of RNG possible.

The only fights where this talent shines are constant damage aura fights like Saaphiron and Hodir.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    The only fights where this talent shines are constant damage aura fights like Saaphiron and Hodir.
    Doesn't proc on Hodir's aura. I heard rumors that it wasn't triggering on Sapphiron's either, but I can't confirm.

Acclimation isn't worth taking for any 'standard' build. There aren't too many scenarios in 5-mans where acclimation would really stack up for any duration of a fight that you couldn't cover by other means (i.e. AMS/IBF).
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I think acclimation is a wonderful talent.
    150 resistance works out to about 25% damage reduction for magical damage, and that's not bad at all.

But here's the issue with it.
    You are a death knight. You have the second highest health pool of the tanks.
    Any fight where acclimation would make a significant difference will be very hard to tank for the other tanks. So those fights are few and far between at best.
    (The only fight where I think it'd come in real handy would be against Hodir, when tanking the frozen blows. (Start out with IBF, once that wears off it should have hit its 3stack.))

Got it, thanks, going to go respec my tank build. 3/3 Acclimation -> 3/3 SoB, to give AMS, IBF, and FS more uptime. Unless there's somewhere better to put those points?

Man, getting rid of Acclimation looks good on paper, but it seems like every time I go into a heroic there's a ton of non-physical dmg that can proc Acclimation. Combined with a Flask of Resistance, even inconsistent procs help mitigation against that. The cd on AMS is the problem for me, not the RP.

Part of my problem is the healers I've run with lately (both pug and guild) seem to have trouble healing me. I think they're waiting till my health drops b/f starting casting, rather than anticipating that and being constantly casting/cancelling and casting/healing. I spend way more time at 1/2 health or lower than I'd like. I don't think it's my stats that are the problem, 30k ub hp, 40%+ avoidance, 25k armor (for heroics). Either that or I'm not using my cd's right (which I feel like I'm using too frequently, almost as soon as they're up).

I have survivability, not threat issues right now. Gonna try /combatlog to record some fights and see how much Acclimation actually procs in them. Or has someone has already done this and posted the results?

+ Reply to Thread