+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good enough for tanking some easy heroic?

Ok, it's going much better now..
    Molohk, I think you meant the UP weapon?? I just looted it today And I also got revered with wyrmrest which made me able to buy the new chest.. I also tanked HoL normal & AN HC successfully, but the trinkets didn't drop unfortunatly..

The tanking is going much better already Also did OS10 yesterday as OT and tanked Patchwerk as OT, but the group was a big fail, so we didn't succeed..

But I'm having some question again sorry.. But I'm stacking much stamina now with my enchants and gems.. (also replaced the agility gem, I bought that item and didn't replace the gem). But what else should I gem and enchant for? I mean, don't think it's good to gem and enchant for stamina only.. And about the primistic gem, just my fault.. Thought it was some special gem which could be gemmed with primistic only :P but think this is nonsense.. Will replace it tommorow.
    If I get more items I will get more expertise I think.. But I have to hear this from some of you

Note: Not sure if my armory has been updated already.. Could be my changes which has been today haven't been updated yet.
    And sorry if I don't understand/learn things fast..

One thing I think you should so asap is replace your trinkets. The two I think you should go for first are Seal of the Pantheon from Loken (normal not HC) which gives you some extra def so you get over 540 and Essense of Gossamer from Hadronox (Azjol-Nerub HC). The later one can take a few attempts since it doesnt always drop but +111 Stam is really good.

The last boss in Azjol-Nerub (Anub'arak) can also drop the Ancient Aligned Girdle which is a nice waist upgrade for you. We did that one last night with a new combo which turned out much easier than the ones I have tried before: 1 tank, 2 dps and 2 healers (which can help if your healers arent very experienced but your dps is good). Should say that it helps that I am a DK tank so it might not be a good choice for you (since DK tanks do higher dps)
    Last edited by PatrikL; 07-14-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: forgot another drop

Quote Originally Posted by Molohk View Post
    Don't be scared of tanking Naxx. Your stats are ok to start tanking bosses in Naxx 10, and the experience would be good. Keep farming heroic AN and regular HoL for two of the best tanking trinkets you can get. If you get the HoL trinket you'll get a lot of extra defense that will give you room for more avoidance or threat stats (hit rating and/or expertise). The UK weapon is pretty good, there's also an argent tournament weapon that's decent.

What's with the agility and the prismatic gem? I can see you did your homework, so you probably know they're really not the best choice for you.
    Oke, I've got the 2 trinkets from HoL normal and AN HC now.. I'm finaly tanking heroics as it should be.. I'm now rarely losing aggro from mobs, as I think my rotation has improved a bit.. I'm also getting to know the instances better and better.
    And with the primastic gem, what should I gem for then?? I really heard primastic is special and you can only gem with primastic gems.. So what other gem should I take theN??
    I will also test how the glyph of cleave work for me.. Never used cleave in a fight as it isn't a high threat attack? But I will try it out..

Quote Originally Posted by Wartau View Post
    Oke, I've got the 2 trinkets from HoL normal and AN HC now.. I'm finaly tanking heroics as it should be.. I'm now rarely losing aggro from mobs, as I think my rotation has improved a bit.. I'm also getting to know the instances better and better.
    And with the primastic gem, what should I gem for then?? I really heard primastic is special and you can only gem with primastic gems.. So what other gem should I take theN??
    I will also test how the glyph of cleave work for me.. Never used cleave in a fight as it isn't a high threat attack? But I will try it out..
    I'm guessing you are talking about meta gem slots, not prismatic? Prismatic sockets can take any colored gem (for example putting a socket on your belt with an Eternal Belt Buckle) and prismatic gems can go into any colored socket.
    If you were talking about the meta socket in your helm you have already found the gem for you unless I am misstake?

Prismatic sockets (like the one in your belt) can take any gem. Drop that +6 all stats and slap a stam gem in there!

Also you can get a titanium weapon chain for your weapon (+hit and less chance to be disarmed).

Cloak could take +armor or +agi
    Boots can get +sta
    Helm, Grind Argent Crusade rep for the +sta + def arcanum
    Gloves you can do +sta (it's an armor kit), +armor, or +threat/parry (I'd save that chant for some better gloves though)

Also, i'd drop that meta in your helm and pick up the +32 stam and +2% armor value one. You can then get your shield enchanted with +def if removing that gem makes you fall below the def line.

Lastly glyphs. You still have 2 minor glyphs open. For one I'd strongly suggest Glyph of Thundeclap (increases radius of TC by 2 yards) I also like Glyph of Bloodrage (BR doesn't take any health) just because I enjoy BRing then charging for maximum rage at the start of the fight just incase anything should go wrong.

If you're doing a lot of AoE tanking I'd keep Glyph of Cleaving hitting that 1 extra target is great. I have a macro that pairs it with Revenge so as I tab through targets I can revenge stun them and cleave, then tab to the next target SS, next target revenge proc again..etc. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this but to my knowledge cleave has less threat than say Heroic Strike but it puts that threat onto 2-3 targets. So you're doing less SINGLE target threat but more AOE threat. I spam cleave until there are only 2 mobs left (instead of heroic strike) and then I'll switch back to HS alternating between those 2 remaining mobs for the rest of the fight.

I can't speak to Glyph of Vigilance since I've never tried it (thought it about, just never actually used it). Shockwave and Devastate are nice though. The other glyph to consider would be Blocking.

Hope that was helpful!

Wartau,
    You got the Red Sword!!! Woot!! I'm jealous! That dropped for me, the first time I was there, but I lost the roll to a pally, and I've never seen it drop again!!
    ;>)

Looks like you got the trinkets, too, and the Wrymrest goodies...

Still missing minor glyphs? Why? They are pretty cheap!

Hit is up, but still very low...expertise is better, too.

(I better stop lvling my Priest, and get back to tanking...everyone's passing me by!! Heh!).

Overall, good job!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Haha thx ) Now got the Ebon hold enchant too..
    I also found a new wrist in CoS, which gave me more parry and stam.. I'm near the 29k unbuffed now..
    I also bought new glyphs now, what do you think about it?? I think I will also buy the minor glyph of bloodrage too.. Then I'm full of glyphs. Think the armory haven't been updated yet :P
    And yea, I know I really need more hit & expertise etc.. I'm aiming for it though.. It'll come soon, I hope

But first I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks tonight! After that I'm going to gear up again.
    So Blue, much time for you to pass me lol

Looking pretty good man. Still a few pieces lacking enchants but it's always a good feeling getting good/better gear isn't it? I just dithced Sword of Courage last night when Last Laugh finally dropped Keep up the good work!!

+ Reply to Thread