+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Tank looking for some opinions and improve

Warrior Tank looking for some opinions and improve

Hi,

I've been reading this forum and following the discussions, news, theories, videoguides... in it for a lot of time (1 year? 2?), and finally I've decided to register myself (althought I don't know why I did not do this before). So, having the chance to listen some criticism about my character I'd like to ask you guys what should I improve. These days we're finishing Naxx25 in my guild (I hope we finally kill Thaddius tonight xD) and I still need some pieces I'd like to obtain from there (the shield from Patchwerk or Kel'Thuzad, the Last Laugh, the T7.5 Helmet or the one from Gothiků)

All feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance. Greetings from Spain!

Ariakax WoWArmory

Are you shy dudes? xD

I'm in the correct way I guess. One of the things I'm gonna change tonight is my 5/8/58 build for a 5/10/56 with Improved Demo. Lately I've been thinking about losing some defense (570 skill right now) and go for some stamina. Maybe 275 health on chest and +18 sta on shield. If my maths are right my options would be:

30.416 health
    562 defense
    25.07 dod
    19.42 par
    20.61 blo

or

29961 health
    570 defense
    25.41 dod
    19.76 par
    20.95 blo

Any thoughts?

PS: Yeah, we killed Thaddius. Sapphiron, here we go ^^.

Dropping defence is an easy option running around 550 isn't difficult and covers options, nearer 540 if you can add in some dps gear (dps weapon, rings or neck are easy alternatives.)

Shield enchants are pretty weak atm, really a choice between def (if needed and you don't) or stam vs plating which is where dual shields come in.

Two stats you've missed entirely are pretty key in balancing gear sets, being hit & expertise. Are the above options including being hit/expertise capped? Given taunt being borked not being hitcapped in the current climate is a slight disadvantage, covered elsewhere and all that.

Bottom line is if you have surplus of a stat (defence) adding in more avoidance is useful on heavy hitters, but given the way is going, especially from T7-T8 banking Stam is pretty sensible, and dropping a couple of tanky pieces for on a threat set won't hurt either. Naxx in itself is pretty simple to gear for at a farm level with heroics, T7 and raid content. Cover that and the rest is pretty simple, until Sarth 2d/3d and T8, where threat (depending on role) and stam become much more critical.

Edit comment below is what I was hinting at, additionally with diminishing returns on avoidance moving a few pieces of gear around, using purple gems and adding on the stam will benefit later on with harder and latest content.
    Last edited by Dunmail; 06-12-2009 at 07:22 AM.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

Well in general your gear looks just fine, however i would loose some def.

Even though def is still good beyond the 540 cap, it is not worth stacking over other stats, so aiming for just over 540 seems for me to be the way to go. personally i would loose the def on chest, shield and maybe the cape aswell if possible, in order to get, 275health, titanium plating, and 22 agi.

In general once you hit 540def stam is your new god, stacking avoidance isent really the way to go (you have to maintain some ofc, what you have now seems nicely balanced) since it will make your dmg and rage gain spikey. Especially once you hit ulduar you will really benefit from the stam over anything else.

+ Reply to Thread