+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arms post nerf, post nerf, post nerf

Arms post nerf, post nerf, post nerf

So after we went from juggernaut 100% crit to 25%, with our cd now 20seconds.

I did some pvp for the first time last night since this happened. I find arathi basin to be a good testing ground, for me at least.

I found myself doing a lot less damage.

I found myself getting hammered by a lock last night, took him down a few times but this is normally a easy target for me. As for mages by the time i have penetrated the bubble they have blinked away for the kiting fest. Intercept and the bubble is back up.

Unless i can get a rend or a OP off on them its going to be a long day...

We seem to be back where we were? Kiteable, easiest target
    Or is it me being cynical your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

For me locks are only difficult 1v1 if they have the Succubus out. Otherwise I can usually hang with them. If they get away from you get a shield on and be ready to reflect ChaosBolts.

Mages are beat able, albeit difficult. I find that patience is key. When you charge be sure to get a rend > and then hit them as much as you can. If they Nova and Blink equip your shield and get ready to reflect frostbolts, etc. Intercept after nova and pour it on. Use your trinket to break cc only when you're in a position to win. When the Mage is low try and conserve rage for ST when the mage blocks. Try and save Shield Wall for mirror image and sometime I even IS them away. Good mages will always be difficult.

Juggernaut was OP with a 100% crit chance and 12s CD. Warriors who only got high rankings through spamming charge off of every CD are obviously going to fall behind in ratings and the pvp game.

I really haven't felt the nerf. I didn't really use the 12 sec charge to it's fullest though as long as I'm on my target hacking away I'm a happy camper.

Yeah i understand it was OP, the crit isnt the big thing for me its more the cd, I guess my latency comes into play as well i play from South African avg 600ms.

Stance dancing charge and intercepting is delayed. Melee is not a problem, but we are definitely more kiteable again.

More bgs last night, classes which were minor problems like hunters and locks are even now the bane of my existance. Kited to hell, or charmed.

Taking ranged crits for between 6 - 11K from ranged. meanwhile my avg crits are 3-6K. Good mages untouchable...hmmm are arms warriors in a spot of bother or is it just me. Maybe time to swap out full pvp gear for some pve harder hitting kit?

Arms isn't really the PvP tree it used to be. These days Prot is the way to go, since you can Shield Slam buffs off people (and mage shields? I don't know), silence them and practically stunlock them.

Ironic really, considering how bad Prot is at PvE now.

I'm not much of a pvp'r but even for pve warriors keep getting nerf'd. i was fury then they nerf'd lowered the damage done by 10%. So i switched to Arms and was stoked for the juggernaut talent. A key part of the arms warrior DPS (at least for me) then they gone and nerf'd that too. Like is there even a point anymore. I love warriors, but im losing the drive to play one.

I used to prot pvp, it is fun yes, but burst dmg is terrible unless you are running full block gear, but then you are sacrificing avoidance. which in turn is taking you to where arms is. If i must play prot to do well in bgs then warriors are in a worse state than i thought.

So we are taking more dmg as tanks in pve, our pvp tree has been destroyed, or pve dps tree is doing ok...hmmm

I know we are not meant to come here and moan about our class, but it seems others share my sentiments.

I have not really played a warrior in PvP except for some random prot. Were warriors ever really good without a private healer?

On neither my rogue nor my mage do I really have problems with an Arms warrior. On my Prot however an arms warr can be tricky, because I avoid so much of his attacks + his Unrelenting Assault a non-avoidable Overpower is ready like every 1-2 seconds :\

Block = king in PvP. With full block gear you may not be avoiding much damage, but the amount of damage say a Rogue could do to you is very small when you're blocking every single attack. Not to mention all the returned damage with Damage Shield. And then when you get to smack them in the face with your shield...oh yeah. Oh. Yeah.

Prot PvP is awesome. Which doesn't seem right at all.

Prot PvP is annoying tho since u just never seem to have enough rage

Improved Bloodrage and Lesser Glyph of Bloodrage are your friends. Plus you can charge while in combat, so you can generate a decent amount of rage to start yourself off. Really, you don't need much to put down low-armour targets such as Mages or Rogues. One Shield Slam and you've already got the upper hand.

So goes the theory, of course. Depending on player skill all kinds of things can happen. But Prot PvP can hit very hard indeed if you're stacking SBV. And any melee hitting you is only helping your damage output.

Just don't try to take on more then one person at a time.

Sadly most of what has been said here is true.

Arms PvE/P aswell as Fury has made me reroll a retadin.

After being torn threw by a ret pally in full deadly gear on my warrior in full 10/25m Naxx gear finalized that.

I've been dabbling in pvp and really I'm 50/50 with ret paladins as arms and improving. (and they're freaking everywhere.) By no means would I call myself a pro, just many of them have the same basic 'throw everything' strategy and don't realize that if they outlast the warrior, they can beat the warrior (due to the ability to heal. Gargh!)

Every so often, you meet the smart (or lucky) ret pally who knows a shield only buys them 1.5 seconds (cast time on shattering throw) or will lay at last second. Type two pally that just destroys me is the geared, full-furious ones in which you blink and your health bar disappears. Those I just try to stay on the opposite end of the battleground from (because often they travel in packs with other 'furious' friends.)

Arms right now is a lot of fun in PVP. Bladestorm is pretty powerful, and if timed right, will absolutely tear someone apart. Most rogues will almost die in the bladestorm alone. I have a block value set as well that I dabble with for prot, nearly 2k BV in it. It can work decently well, but I prefer the playstyle of arms by far for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Danach View Post
    Arms right now is a lot of fun in PVP. Bladestorm is pretty powerful, and if timed right, will absolutely tear someone apart. Most rogues will almost die in the bladestorm alone. I have a block value set as well that I dabble with for prot, nearly 2k BV in it. It can work decently well, but I prefer the playstyle of arms by far for PVP.
    Decent rogue will pop feint and reduce bladestorm damage by 50%.

I've found Bladestorm to be very powerful but it needs to be set up... e.g. if you're using it against a healer, you need to have MS + OP debuff on to cut their healing by 75% before using it, or it'll just be outhealed, unless they foolishly try to run from you. You can't do anything while bladestorming except... bladestorm, so using it at a bad time may let your debuffs fall off (rend, hamstring, etc.) which is not a good thing.

I do agree that arms PVP is very fun though, even if sometimes frustrating
    Last edited by Genome852; 07-04-2009 at 02:10 PM.

I think as far as we are into this patch, everyone has now become accustomed to it. Last night brought a smile back to my face. I've managed to get myself back to top 3 in most bgs.

Hell, in ab i saw a rogue and dk pounding on a fellow lock, they nuked him down as i got there, went sword and board. Rogue killed himself on my shield with some revenges. DK wasnt doing much either as shield wall was up. Once the rogue dropped i focused the DK. Got him to 5K HP where he started running away. Back to battle stance, charge, bye bye.

Made me feel good about my warrior again. Yes we have to stance dance, yes we have to do weapon swaps. Macros to ensure smooth transitioning between all these. But I guess it brings us back to why we all started warriors. We all knew its not the easiest class to play but once mastered, killing machine.

As arms I feel that I dominate bg's. I was actually a little sad because I could see a nerf incoming. What I am not happy with atm is arms PVE numbers, although we can achieve some pretty nice numbers we don't seem to scale aswell as other classes do in Ulduar, even though we get more drops....

Quote Originally Posted by Solassan View Post
    Sadly most of what has been said here is true.

Arms PvE/P aswell as Fury has made me reroll a retadin.

After being torn threw by a ret pally in full deadly gear on my warrior in full 10/25m Naxx gear finalized that.

Uhmmm complaining because you lost to a player in pvp gear when you had on pve gear?

Warriors have always been a class that has been better with gear, but have not really shined against anything in pvp without a healer. Otherwise we would be a wrecking machine in pvp if we did not need a healer.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

+ Reply to Thread