+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ulduar DK Tank (frost, blood, unholy?)

Ulduar DK Tank (frost, blood, unholy?)

Hi I am new to this website, but not completely new to dk tanking. I would like to become a better tank so our guild can go past general. This is my link The World of Warcraft Armory. Currently a Frost tank, but I am open to any and all suggestions that would allow me to get better mitigation and survivability. I have duel spec and don't mind spec'ing both for tanking. If you have a talent tree, please link it and check out my gems and glyphs. I would appreciate constructive criticisms on everything that I currently have and don't have. I apologize if this topic has already been brought up.

Did you read the rules that you had to wait for before you could click proceed?

Because if you did, you would've seen that there are places fo these types of threads. Namely the HALP! I Need Advice forum.

Please, re-read the rules located at the top of every forum for future posting reference.

Moved to appropriate forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ok... guess i'll start.

Spec - is fine, there are many variations to a frost spec, some talent's people prefer to other's etc etc but in terms of mitigation as frost your pretty much spot on.

Gear - You need to get rid of that belt as soon as possible. I would even suggest dropping back to the Heroic belt but obviously the new Ulduar BS belt would be a pretty large upgrade. Other than that the pvp trinket is doing nothing for you as you have already overbudgeted for Defense and seeing as you are JC you should level it in order to pickup the Monarch crab which will again be a pretty hefty upgrade.

Gems - Level your JC asap, its obvious you like to gem for socket bonuses and as a tank there is really nothing wrong with that expect you need to pick up more hybrid gems. I would suggest swapping all your pure Def gems to Hit/Stam (you are pretty low on hit) and swap all the pure Dodge gems to dodge/stam, ultimately aiming for the 3 +41 stam gems when you can.

So yeah, just to re-iterate i would strongly suggest you go about leveling your JC immediately, that will be the best thing you can do for yourself in the short term!

I can only add one thing... your build is Frost. You need hitcap, not expertise Your threat tools are:

- Frost strike (can't be dodged, parried, but you can miss)
    - Rune Strike (can't be dodged, parried, but you can miss)
    - Howling Blast (it is spell, you can miss)
    - Obliterate (the only threat ability that uses expertise)

Your expertise is from gear, so it is good, but if you want more reliable threat gem / enchant for hit (eg. Precision enchant on bracers).

Thank you all for your help and advice. I started leveling JC just for that reason. I do have lvl 200 dk tanking belt, but I get more stamina from the current belt thats why I left it. As far as the PVP trinket, I was just using that for pvp purposes and didn't remove it, my tanking trinket is Valor or First War.

+ Reply to Thread