+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arms Warrior , Low DPS , any ideas ?

Arms Warrior , Low DPS , any ideas ?

I have been trying to raise my DPS for a while now in Heroics , I think I have fairly OK gear and I have read everything I can on TS , yet I still get remarks that my DPS is low.

Any ideas ? Getting desperate !!

The World of Warcraft Armory

What is your dps that is "too low". I hate wow armory. It shows your ArP at 0 which is bs when I see ArP all over the place on your gear. Your spec looks fine. What rotation are you using?
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Dps

DPS seems to vary between 1.0 and 1.5K DPS. Due to the GCD locks I'm using slam to try and gain rage then hitting revenge , MS , overpower as they become available. I get rage starved quite easily and I feel like I'm missing something fundamental...

Um, what? Revenge and overpower can't even be used in the same stance. Are you asking for dps advice as arms or tanking? And what's your rotation again. Start with your opening 5 moves.

I'm assuming you mean execute instead of revenge, but still need some more information to really help you.

Revenge? Are you stance dancing? With your expertise and you hit you shouldn't be rage starved.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Execute , not revenge

Sorry , quite right , execute not revenge.

Yes , rage starved. I never get to a situation where I have too much.

I've always had the problem but can't understand why.

I need advice on Arms DPS , sorry its been a long day. I'm not stance dancing.

Thanks

Ok, so take a deep breath and take us though your rotation =).

One thing that does jump out is you say you are 'using slam to try and gain rage'.

Don't slam at all if you don't have rage. Slam costs 15 rage *and* pauses your swing timer which further slows your rage gain.

Rotation

No set rotation , I was under the impression that rotations were not correct for Arms , based on what I've read on TS.

I usually use something like charge > Slam > Slam > execute > MS or Slam
    depending on available rage.

You should really read: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...rms-guide.html

I think it'll help you out a lot. Rend/OP are incredibly efficient damage/rage wise. Slam is incredibly inefficient for the reasons I stated above. It sort of looks like you're using a TBC slam rotation, which is long out of date.

Where to Start...

Head: Enchanted Tear, really?
    Weapon: Mongoose? How about 85 Attack Power
    Gloves: 35 Attack Power Please.

Gems in General: Why are you loading up on expertise? You should be using strength gems, because a dodge means a free overpower.

Lastly, arms follows a priority order.
    1. Keep Rend up
    2. Sudden Death Proc
    3. MS on Cooldown
    4. Taste for Blood Proc
    5. Slam when you have 50+ Rage
    6. Heroic Strike when 70+ Rage

Now go gem and enchant properly, and go whack on the boss training dummy for a while.
    There is always something new to learn about tanking.

First off what is your rotation. I normally don't slam until I am high up on rage. I prioritize rend, then I go MS, TfB procs, SD procs, and then slam if I have excess rage(70 Plus). I never use HS except on Hodir. I am generally not rage starved unless I am spamming slam. I hold out for procs. Also I use the rend major glyph instead of ss. Go practice on a dummy because your dps is way low for some reason... Like way to low for your gear. You should be at least hitting 2k.

What i did is I sat in front of a test dummy and worked on my rotation through three bladestorm's and for the fourth one to be up. Since bladestorm swings your dps so much I always try to get it balanced to get an accurate read on my rotation.

Wukki

Expertise/Hit I was under the impression I should be hit/exp capped and then gem for strength

Head remove the enchanted tear and replace with a +16 str gem ?

Gloves > oops forgot about that

Mongoose > 85 attack power ? I'm querying because everything I've seen on TS seems to recommend mongoose.

Muffin / Tarigar

Thanks , that gives me a basis to work on. I think I may have been picking up the wrong threads on TS and using TBC tactics.... doh ..

Expertise really isn't important. You will get it from gear/talents naturally.

Hit you go for the special cap, which is 8%, and you stop. The rest you will get from gear / debuffs on the mob.

Mongoose is terrible for Arms Warriors because it is a proc. A static 85 attack power, or even berserking, will outdo mongoose in every instance.
    There is always something new to learn about tanking.

Expertise is important, for the same reason hit is important, a missed hit is 0 dps. You want to hit every swing then go for upping your dps with str/ArP. You will get 2 talents points for expertise (weapon mastery) which makes you only need 18 expertise to be soft capped, once you're at 18 with this talent or 26 without, then you can worry about str.
    Your ad could be here.

Dubzil

I'm aware of the WM/SOA stuff and currently exp capped at 26 expertise.

Wukki seems to have a differing view, but all his other advice makes sense to me so I'm not sure now wether to increase STR at the expense of expertise or not.

More info needed

You want to stay expertise soft capped, there was a discussion last week about dropping expertise for ArP since a dodge will grant you an Overpower, there are a lot of if's and very low RNG chance that it will increase DPS, to maximize be soft capped exp and hit capped.

I suggest reading through the Quick N Ditry Arms guide, it has a lot of useful information, you may have to read it several times for it to sink in and see why it works like it does. There are some opinions on there that are later shot down by math, so make sure to read the entire thread.
    Your ad could be here.

Dps

Thanks all , I'll be on the training dummy for a while.

I think I can see what I need to do to get my DPS to a better level.

Thanks for taking the time to advise me.

Cheers

Vaal

Vaal. One thing you can always drop Imp MS and pick up weapon mastery.

That's what i did to make up some expertise I don't need.

I am actually trying to dump some of my excess expertise.

MS or Slam

Tarigar , yes thats a thought.

Anyone got any thoughts on that approach , I will stat the MS damage output with/without Imp MS.

Thinking about it I presume Imp MS and Glyph of MS stack ? ?

Or is it better to drop Imp Slam , since I'm not going to (theoretically) be using it anywhere near as much..

Dammit , my head hurts now

+ Reply to Thread