+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Kitty Pick Up. Can this be done?

Two Kitty Pick Up. Can this be done?

Long story short, I found myself needing to pick up two of the kitties during the Auriaya fight last night. So I set X to "focus" and targeted "triangle"
    When they came in range I taunted "triangle" switched to my focus and used heroic throw then switched back to triangle and hit him a couple times then continued with a normal two mob tanking scenario.
    This is a lot of button pushing for an old man and on one of the attempts we made, before I could get switched over to my focus it would pounce.

So I guess this is what I need a macro to do:
    1.) Taunt primary target
    2.) Switch to "focus"
    3.) cast heroic throw
    4.) switch back to primary target (this is the part that I am not sure can be done or even how to go about it)

Ok so story got a bit long Thank you all for any help available.

Targetting X, and /focus set to Triangle

Two buttons, with these macros:
    /cast Taunt

/cast [target=focus] Heroic Throw

/castsequence taunt,[target=focus] Heroic Throw

editted: One button version, but I'm not 100% sure on it

The effect is a taunt, and then a 'blind throw' at the focus target without actually changing targets. Mages often use a variation of the second line for resheep macros, so they don't have to change targets, thus giving them fractionally more time to DPS. You can test this by finding a couple of mobs and watching the throw go off, while your targeting doesn't appear change.

I suggest letting the MT pull Auriaya (or even initial aggro), then letting the cats get to within 8 yards. This prevents a pounce, though you need to stack notable threat asap or the healers will get pounced.

Why not have a macro that casts Heroic Throw on your focus, without changing targets, instead?

So you manually do 1, but then click a macro with /cast [target:focus] Heroic Throw in?
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Darnit Esch is fast
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Thank You so very much. Will try these out now.
    Typically I don't find myself in the above example, but it just happened and I felt like crap that I couldn't execute it properly. (I got it right once but the second time it wiped out one of our healers....)

How we do this fight is pretty simple. We have a dk pull with D&D go unholy presence and run. Then me and the OT are sitting there waiting.

When Auryiaya and her two pets are on top of us the OT TC's and I HT/Taunt the boss back into the group. The OT will generally do another ability if he feels he needs more threat but he generally gets them after one TC. If it is a pally he lays his consecrate at the same time the D&D goes down and avenger shields when they are right on top of him.

Our healers are in the corner by the stairs so they are LoS from everyone.

When the OT has aggro the dk rejoins the group in the corner.

This is just how we have figured out what works for us.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

I'll assume you're talking about 10man Auriaya, although this applies to 25man as well.

I'm a warrior with 2 prot builds. One build is multimob tanking; the other for survivability. The multimob build uses Glyph of Cleaving, of which I can't sing enough praises.

For the pull: mark the kitties Skull & X. Set your target to Skull to start; everyone downs Skull first, natch.

We have a DK do the pull with D&D while we hide behind a pillar.
    1) When Auriaya aggros, hit Bloodrage.
    2) On her way up the steps, hit Shield Wall (maybe Last Stand too if you're feeling dodgy).
    3) TC when the first mob or 2 gets up to you
    4) Challenging Shout when they're all in front (this is why you Shield Wall).

Threat up with lots of Cleave, TC and Shockwave. You'll be taking enough damage from 3 (5?) sources to punch Cleave on every Auto-attack. The only way to pull Auriaya off you will be with a Taunt; everything else will stick to you like glue. Down the kitties in order; never single-target threat Auriaya. If you're doing 25man, make sure to tab through your targets to double-check that they are indeed sticking to you; chances are they won't live long enough to switch, though.

Remember this applies to 25man as well; here you'll DEFINITELY appreciate having the Glyph. Improved Cleave would be super good too for the extra threat (note that Improved Cleave builds only work on your Cleave ability when you're multimobbing, while Deep Wounds will affect ALL your abilities over longer fights, and is effective on single-target fights too).

(Helpful tip: yesterday I was getting fancy (later during the encounter) by avoiding the fear with Berserker Rage and getting promptly whacked. Don't do that. Break the fear - DON'T avoid it altogether!)

Quote Originally Posted by reasonyousmile View Post
    (Helpful tip: yesterday I was getting fancy (later during the encounter) by avoiding the fear with Berserker Rage and getting promptly whacked. Don't do that. Break the fear - DON'T avoid it altogether!)
    I always try to avoid it. Never have a problem with this. Just save your dodge trinket or shield block (for that after fear omg healers hurry the f*** up).
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Works great but it doesn't go back to first target, stays on the focus. I know this is just a simple matter of tabbing back to the original target, but if I could get it all bound to one macro that would be awesome.

And this is going to sound really ungrateful, but to those posting strats, we can get her down and I appreciate the advice, but it is pulling away from the original topic.
    Its just that last night one of our key players in our normal setup had to leave early hence I found myself with two kitty duty.
    Thank You Again.

Norik... I think we were giving you an alternative way to pull without having to taunt then heroic throw then shift back...

Too many steps for my likes. I would rather TC then Shockwave.

Tarigar,
    Like I said I appreciate the help, I just don't want to drift to far away from the original intent of the topic. I like the macro that was posted and want to get it to work as it could be viable in other situations.

I understand I think we are also different breeds of players. I only use macros to target a specific npc, like sentinels and I have one made for each drake in os other than that I never use macros.

I do the exact same thing but I am a tab'r or I just click on the npc I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Norik View Post
    Works great but it doesn't go back to first target, stays on the focus. I know this is just a simple matter of tabbing back to the original target, but if I could get it all bound to one macro that would be awesome.
    Try:

/castsequence Taunt, [target=focus] Heroic Throw, targetlasttarget

The last command switches back to your original (The taunt'ed) target. Also, the tlt command isn't on the GCD, so it's tap, gcd, the tap-tap to finish the cycle. Sorry I can't test these, but my boss prefers I work instead of installing WoW. Go figure

Damn Boss !
    Thanks Esch, going to try now.
    (Vacation today so I can get away with it )

Quote Originally Posted by Tarigar View Post
    Norik... I think we were giving you an alternative way to pull without having to taunt then heroic throw then shift back...

Too many steps for my likes. I would rather TC then Shockwave.
    I actually have a slew of fight specific macros, even editted so I don't have to trade them (much) based on fights/wipes, etc. While it does get annoying to trade around, I've found targetting macros to reduce confusion, such as in Champions in the arena. At least, the clothies stay alive, so something is working.

There's also the issue that while the DK pull is 'ideal', not every 10 man team has the Tank Dk on the roster. Knowing the DnD strat is only a portion of understanding how the encounter works. If we're going for easier, I'ld just say let a pair of hunters chain MDs to Norik and skip all the macro'ing

We don't use a tank dk. We use a dps dk.

+ Reply to Thread