+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Flame Leviathan (Hard Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Addohm View Post
    Have you ever tried to find a "tankspot" video, or a video with related references or similar titles, on any of the 3 afformentioned sites? lol.

Youtube HD is not much better then Youtube vanilla.
    YouTube - Ciderhelm's Channel

All of them right there.

Also youtube HD is exceptional quality when the uploader makes it with the intention of having it on HD on youtube. Simply hitting the HD button on videos will not automatically make them HD if the original compression does not support it. Cider has made sure they are HD supported and are as a result fairly exceptional quality.

Videos are provided in at least 1 of the 3 media sites you've mentioned and we've mentioned in our FOS. This doesn't mean that we'll have them up on every site. You can download the movies by being a donor. 720p from youtube is the exact same coding as any other HD you get streaming on the internet right now. As Darksend has mentioned some videos have the HD button, but aren't actually encoded for it and as such doesn't even change the quality of it. Take a gander at any of the videos Cider has posted and you will see that the HD quality of them are in fact at a much higher level.

If you feel a need to further discuss this please do so in a thread in Off-Topic as this thread is specifically meant for this particular encounter. Any further posts on this matter will be deleted and punishments will be handed out accordingly.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I assume with different setup of vehicles you are still doing trash clearing with normal setup? and then 2 people from siege and one from chopper get their new positions?
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

That's correct.

It's worth noting that this video was created before the fairly hefty nerfs the encounter received late last week. It should be doable now with the standard 5 of each vehicle type. However, the reason the other strategy worked so well before is because it's more effective, so it'll definitely be easier if you can master it.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

2 attempts for 4 towers. Pretty hefty nerf imo... I LOVE IT! NERF MOAR PLZ.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

We went for 3 towers, our raiders have problems with vehicles since Malygos

However - TY Cider/Lore/TS/Eventide - this video helped a lot. We are now 5th guild on server thanks to you.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

i keep reading 3 people in 1 demolisher is it actually possible to put 3 people into 1 demolisher?

Yes, one in the launch seat, one is passenger seat one i drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Yes, one in the launch seat, one is passenger seat one i drivers
    but i thought demolishers couldn't fire when someone was loaded in the catapult? what would be the point?

So you can shoot one person on top of FL to destroy towers, and have another keeping you filled with pyrite the entire fight. Once the person that was launched gets off the person in passenger seat loads themself to be launched

so basically juggling people? hmm... sounds tricky.

Not really.

You have your bike pick up the person you launched after FL goes into shutdown. As soon as the bike gets to your demolisher they call out and the person in the passenger seat loads themselves in, person that was just launched now becomes the passenger

so in the 10 man we managed to do 3 towers by only sending 1 person up and using only 1 chopper and just having people in the demolisher alternate between gunner and goiing up and taking out turrets. but we couldn't do 4 towers because we just couldn't figure out how to kill Freya's adds as well having trouble keeping 10 stacks of pyrite up when ever a demolisher got chased by the boss.

any ideas?

If a demolisher gets targeted imo the best way to handle this while keeping the 10 stacks rolling is to get the passenger to use the speed boost and the backpedal while kiting and firing pyrite. The speed boost while traveling backwards is more than enough to keep ahead of the boss as long as he doesnt have >10 stacks of increased speed buff.

Siege engine location

My guild has been doing +2 and +3 for a while going to try and do +4 this week for the first time

Althoug we have been able to execute fairly clean +2 and +3 kills , myself as a Siege engine driver have found this problems for myself when interrupting flame vents.

Flame vents are usually cast after a shutdown which for us falls very close to the end of a target change. all siege engines satry close in order to interrupt flame vents however we end up loosing siege engiens cause of that along the way, and can get pretty tight in the end.

What would be the best strat for siege engines in order to keep them safe and still able to interrupt the flame vents when needed.

Shoudl we assign two siege engines to be in range and the other 2 to wait in the opposite corner of the room?

Bump for feedback pls.

What's up with interrupts failing at this boss now? I had proplems with my interrupts whole night trying 4towers, interrupt did damage the boss and I got a cd on it, but it still kept channeling vents. I have mainly been siege driver on that boss and never noticed such a thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcarab View Post
    Although we have been able to execute fairly clean +2 and +3 kills , myself as a Siege engine driver have found this problems for myself when interrupting flame vents.
    I actually failed up pretty badly in my siege tank just yesterday doing 2 towers with a 25 man pug, it was embarrassing sure, but we still pulled off a one shot.

If you are calm, collected, know what you are doing, and how to deal with a messup you'll get a lot further than you will freaking out because one of your tanks got hit/killed.

There are 4 siege tanks for a reason, if you loose one, you can afford that, at least you didn't loose something singularly important like a demolisher.

While I'm sure there are people out there that will say if you get hit it means you fail at life and should cut yourself, honestly they have got it wrong.

Your siege tank has all that health for a reason, if you are not being bold and sticking your kneck out, then you are NOT using your resources to their fullest.

You should just accept it as fact that you will take at least one hit if it turns on you there is a reason your gunner can pop a shield on you and should do so pretty much anytime you are near the boss and it targets you.

The cool part is his ram will almost always throw you a distance away as well, so if you use the shield to absorb the damage, getting hit once actually becomes a proper tactic for kiting him.

Don't stress about it, just use your speed boost as soon as you can come about and get the heck outta there and above all DO NOT KITE THE BOSS THROUGH THE FIRE and everything will be cool I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Surmaaja View Post
    What's up with interrupts failing at this boss now?
    We had this problem quite a bit, and waiting a second before interupting seemed to fix it. Taking one pulse > Taking all the pulses.

Of course, if you have multiple tanks available to interrupt, you can always have one try to get it right away and use the other as "backup".

Also, if you are leaving Freya's tower up, sometimes you will be out of range of the boss just barely but an add is in range so it lets you cast it... kind of annoying.

This is another reason why you have 2 or 4 tanks, don't compete to get it first, and have everyone fail and wipe the raid, when you see the vents, relax, think a happy thought about the pony you were promised and then interrupt, it isn't like recount records the interrupts your vehicle does anyway...

Sry, not sure if theres a 10 man video or strat around for this, this post seemed most appropriate, so i have a theory, preety mush based off the video i just watched.

10 man hard mode flame leviathen

2x Choppers - Pickup passangers and delivery to demolishers - Oil slicks
    2x Demolishers - Big DPS - 4 passangers available
    1x Siege - Focus interupting Flame vents

Forseable issues :-
    -If the Siege engine gets focuses, we lose our interupt
    -If a Demolisher gets focused we lose 2 additional people as far as DPS is concerned

Benefts:-
    -Stronger DPS due to 4 passangers in Demolishers
    -Less time is needed to recover pyrite for Demolisher passangers, meaning they can be launched again ASAP.

i undertand im a little behind on my post asfar as progretion goes, however we are currently doing our best and putting in our all to get most of ulduar complete before the T9 patch, we are currently working on Vezax,haveing trouble with Saronite vapors and when to kill them, we have him at 50% but will get there.

thankyou for reply

Using 1 siege engine means only 3 vehicles can ever be targetted by the FL. As such a demolisher will be the aggro target and have to kite for a minimum of 50% of the encounter.

With 2 siege engines and a total of 4 kiting vehicles the minimum time demolishers can be required to kite is 0% if the FL switches back and fourth between siege engines.

Obviously option 2 is better since a kiting demolisher can't 100% focus on DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannaroth View Post
    I too would appreciate some clarification on how you would adapt this for 10 man (Namely the vehicle setup).
    Although we haven't successfully got FL downed on HM (get awfully close 2% or so then wipe due to carelessness) here is the vehicle setup we use for our group on 10 man.

2 Sieges
    2 Demolishers
    1 Chopper

Here's a semi-detailed explanation.

We use one chopper only so we can go into a rotation as explained in the video. The person being launched initially waits in the chopper sidecar until a second launch from a demo is made after the overload. We use both of our demos to launch, so we have a total of 3 people being launched seperately so they can pop their DPS cooldowns to ensure that the overloads come fast. The two people not launched obviously are responsible for re-filling pyrite in the demos.

One siege is ALWAYS detailed to interupt. Note that Mimiron's tower increases fire damage MASSIVELY and hence having a person ready to interupt is imperative. Also, we discovered that flame vents happen roughly 5-8 seconds before a target change so the siege interupts and backs away in case they become the target after the change.
    In the meantime, the other siege is actively taking out Freya's adds with the chopper helping when they can. Note that on 10 man oil slicks are scarce so it requires a little creativity in kiting to ensure that the adds go through the tar.
    However, in our attempts what we found worked best is that the chopper gain aggro on the adds from the corners the siege was furthest away from and kite them towards the siege. This is done during the tar slick cooldowns, keeping the chopper very busy.
    A word of advice though, if the chopper driver is not confident or not good enough to kite, the siege engine needs to be extra attentive. This is because, as mentioned in the video, the massive raid wide damage going on. Choppers get ripped to shreads before anything else does, and its foolish to lose a chopper due to excessive add damage

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread