+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Death Knight AOE

Blood Death Knight AOE

I am trying out my brand new DK, so I would decide to try some heroics. I did the nexus and I realized my AOE rotation may be lacking.

Here is what it is

DnD> IT > PS> Pest

Then DS> BB> BB> BB> BB

Where am I going wrong?

You probably forgot to give your dps a mark to burn down first...

If you're running heroics there will be few pulls that are very large but still need to have everything zealously held (swarms are usually not the end of the world if one or two are hitting someone else for a few seconds). As Blood, BB can be a nice way to spread threat around, but generally speaking your strength is in using HS to build heavy main target threat while secondary targets pick up cleave threat and disease ticks.

Like Martie said, use marks and have people focus more and you'll be a better match for the threat. Without raid buffs BB spam can be a little weak to rely on by itself.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

I will admit, pally tanking got me really comfortable just walking in spamming some abilities and holding threat.

So as a blood DK in heroics I should focus more on my heart strike.

Now is this for two or less? Or do I alt tab and spam it against random mobs?

And as always I appreciate it guys, I always like to learn a new form of tanking

+ Reply to Thread