+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Uldar MT

New Uldar MT

The World of Warcraft Armory

I recently got a opportunity this week to tank a Uldar 10 for the first time.
    things are going really well so far,we are 5 bosses in and only wiped 2 times .
    but I can't help but notice how bad these bosses are hurting me.

I know the soft cap on expertise Is 26 , I'm sitting at 23 at the moment.
    I could ditch my helmet and put back on my engi goggles at the expense of heath..

pretty much looking for any pointers to even things out a little .

hmm what was your question?

Just wondering if my talents gems or spec could be improved for uldar in any way.

I would say it depends on if you are having any trouble with threat. In the group I usually run with, there damage output is a little low, so I ditched some of my expertise gems in favor of more stamina/avoidance because threat wasn't an issue.

Depends on your situation. IMO

I would use:
    40 sta as wrist enchant instead of expertise.
    regal(dodge/sta) gems on red slots instead of expertise

That means you gain 64 sta and 16 dodge rating at the cost of 40ish expertise rating.

Surviving the big hits is more important than being expertise soft-capped. =]

^thanks that sounds like a good idea

Bulyve I'd suggest dropping the expertise enchants on your hands also and grabbing Armsman - 2% threat and 10 parry rating. Most of the bosses are going swing slow and hit hard so you'll get more out of the 40 stam on bracers like Stephanius suggested. Plus, the 2% threat enchant should help with the loss in expertise.

Expertise is a strong stat - I wouldn't totally ditch it. However, I don't think I'd go so far as you have in gemming for 16 expertise or not having fairly major HP enchants (wrists). Keep a balance. You can cap expertise with food if need be. Your (effective) health pool is probably the more important thing to keep up at the start of Ulduar while you're learning stuff.

Obviously, make sure those bosses that hit hard are properly debuffed - you might want to consider a respec for Imp Demo Shout and Imp Disciplines (with the SW glyph) if it really concerns you.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

thanks for all the good info

I would also suggest loosing the Focused Rage talent and putting those three points another talent. I'd suggest Shield Specialization since it offers both mitigation and rage generation. The reason I'd suggest losing those points is because you will spend most of your time rage capped as the MT.

The only other change I might suggest would be changing your Glyph of Sunder Armor, because the Sunder Armor effect no longer applies any threat - at least according to a thread that I found here a while back that is escaping me at this moment.

*Edit*
    Yay! I found the thread I was looking for. The WoW 3.0 Threat Values post by Satrina reports that "Devastate still applies Sunder Armour. However, you no longer get the threat from the Sunder that was applied. You get the threat from the damage dealt by the Devastate plus 5% of your attack power as threat." This would lead me to believe that you would not gain any extra threat by having the Glyph of Sunder Armor add a Sunder Armor debuff to a second target.
    Last edited by Bemis; 06-05-2009 at 09:03 AM.

You need to gem/enchant based on what you need.

If your having Agro problems, try getting more Hit/Expertise to make sure your attacks land on the mob.

If your having survivability problems, bring up your HP and avoidance.

"Devastate still applies Sunder Armour. However, you no longer get the threat from the Sunder that was applied. You get the threat from the damage dealt by the Devastate plus 5% of your attack power as threat."
    thats good to know

+ Reply to Thread