+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vigilance: have a question for clarification

Vigilance: have a question for clarification

Vigilance
    "Focuses your protective gaze on a group or raid target, reducing their damage taken by 3% and transferring 10% of the threat they cause to you. In addition, each time they are hit by an attack, the cooldown on your Taunt ability is refreshed. Lasts 30 min. This effect can only be on one target at a time." - wowwiki.com

So i saw in one of the forums here on tankspot people talking about passing off Vigilance to a Fellow Tank (such as a dk tank), I get the damage reduction but the fact that the ot tank is giving away 10% of the threat they are causing, would that cause overall threat issues with an encounter like Gluth, Razorscale where u have to pass off the boss to fellow tanks? Would Vigilance be usable on a ot on all tanking encounters? What encounters would this strat best be suited for?

On fights where you want taunt to be off cooldown very often, don't know any fights where you need that many taunts, perhaps as Thorim Arena tank.

Basically the answer to that question is it depends. As long as you're not having threat issues, passing it to another tank isn't a problem. If you have threat issues, give it to the one that has highest threat. It's not uncommon for two warrior tanks to put vigilance on each other which more or less nullifies the threat loss and gives you the damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTankaholic View Post
    Vigilance

So i saw in one of the forums here on tankspot people talking about passing off Vigilance to a Fellow Tank (such as a dk tank), I get the damage reduction but the fact that the ot tank is giving away 10% of the threat they are causing, would that cause overall threat issues with an encounter like Gluth, Razorscale where u have to pass off the boss to fellow tanks? Would Vigilance be usable on a ot on all tanking encounters? What encounters would this strat best be suited for?
    I'm not sure which forum posts you were reading, but from my experience this was effective until DR was added to taunt effects in 3.1. Thinking of all the Uld fights, there is rarely a scenario where the 6 sec CD of taunt is too long to wait.
    Basically, this makes you have a permataunt at the cost of a lot of threat. Not worth it imho.

Vigilance can mess up your threat generation. I had it on me for Patchwerk and for the first time I was actually having aggro issues on him. I click it off anytime I get the buff on me.

I usually only vigilance the offtank for bosses like Four Horsemen, where if my taunt doesn't work and I need another quick one, I can. Usually the offtank doesn't need the threat generation all that much. And aside from that if 10% threat reduction is making your offtank lose aggro, he/she needs to fully learn a threat rotation.

+ Reply to Thread