+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2nd Juggernaut nerf?

2nd Juggernaut nerf?

Im not QQing because i will work around this as best i can but has anyone seen a blue post regarding blizz's legitimate reasons for this. Also how will some of you be working around this? Would glyph of rapid charge be worth it?
    To bad for glad

1- yes it's been advertised for 2 weeks already, they didn't deemed necessary to test the effect it would have on PvP nor in PvE, they went dead on with that change
    2- Not taking the talent ? (almost serious there)
    3- What would you drop for that ? answering this gives you the answer.

blizz should just make a PVP tree for every class and not mess with PVE for PVP reasons
    Your ad could be here.

Since you missed it, Blizz's reasoning is that Charge itself isn't OP (it is basically just a smidge better than Intercept after all). But the fact that you could use both and lock down spell casters and deliver big hits. I suppose the second reason is why Warbringer hasn't been nerfed yet (and in fact was improved a few patches back).

Since I'm a newb at PvP I didn't think about the fact that you could charge *and* intercept, but that was giving players who were good at stance dancing too much of an advantage (in Blizz's eyes). So it wasn't so much Juggernaugt that was broken, but the synergy it gave was too big.

It's kind of a hassle for pve since even before there were plenty of times where we'd finish a pull and charge would still be on cooldown, but pve wise that's all it is - a hassle.

Yes we will be very kiteable again. I think arms is in a good place where it currently stands, this new nerf is not going to be fun at all.

GC posted somewhere something along the lines of: "If we nerf juggernaut warriors will go back to where they were"

In essence is this now what you are doing?
    Classes are so used to facerolling warriors, now we actually have an equal chance to beat them down and its happening. Hence all the classes having a whinge.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

I don't get it to be honest. Good Frost Mages could still kite you and a good Hunter could kite you as well. It's just amazing how they keep nerfing our class but R.Pallies and DK's are just left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynick77 View Post
    I don't get it to be honest. Good Frost Mages could still kite you and a good Hunter could kite you as well. It's just amazing how they keep nerfing our class but R.Pallies and DK's are just left alone.

If you think they have left ret paladin alone I would go look at recent patch notes and hot fixes. It feels like most of the hot fixes in this game are directed at ret paladins. On top of that in yesterday's patch ret paladins and DKs got nerfed harder than warriors did.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
    If you think they have left ret paladin alone I would go look at recent patch notes and hot fixes. It feels like most of the hot fixes in this game are directed at ret paladins. On top of that in yesterday's patch ret paladins and DKs got nerfed harder than warriors did.
    4 seconds off HoJ and 20% less armor in Frost Presence is worse than a 5 second CD increase on charge?

:/

I found when 3.1 released frost mages were no longer a problem. Could stick to them 90% of the time. with juggernaut @ 100% crit, 3 -4 shotting them was very easy.

I find where we are now, we can take mages down same skill vs each other. This nerf could bring us to the untouchable mage phase again :|
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    4 seconds off HoJ and 20% less armor in Frost Presence is worse than a 5 second CD increase on charge?

:/
    For a melee class with 0 snares and 0 range closers 4 seconds on freedom is pretty huge.

Ret paladins rely on RNG burst damage to 100-0 people. Warriors need to stick on a target to do any considerable damage. Considering warriors can be completely shut down by CC's and snares without partner help, I think a 5s increase in charge is gonna be worse than 4s off freedom.

Guess we'll just see as the season plays out.

I guess Warriors were to OP, so they have to nerf them!

+ Reply to Thread