+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Professions now and post-3.2 (min/max EH)

Professions now and post-3.2 (min/max EH)

so i'm dropping Inscription because well, it's mostly useless.

I already have mining, and am debating on my 2nd profession to max out EH.

Obviously currently JC is king. I was also debating BS being that the introduction of epic gems is a possibility down the road, and the JC nerf in 3.2

Just looking for some opinions and thoughts from others. this is being done purely for tanking and maxing of HP pools. In case it concerns anyone i play a DK main tank, switching between blood and frost as it suits me. I don't have a dps spec, and my DPS gear acts as paperweights in my bank.

In that case go JC/BS.

If your only interested in Stamina, I say BS/Mining. From the three prismatic gems (currently) you gain +51 Stamina over using 3 Solid Sky Sapphire gems (not icnluding socket bonuses), with Mining giving +50. A nerf to JCing will bring down the stamina bonus (and others), so the +50 from mining will be a much bigger bonus then the one from JC (again, excluding socket bonuses).

As far as I can tell, they will be about the same post 3.2 nerf to JC.

Jewelcrafting will allow you to use 3 +41 stamina gems vs the regular 3 +24.

Blacksmithing will allow for an extra 2 sockets which you can use 2 extra + 24 gems for a total of 5 +24 Stamina gems.

JC = +123 Stamina

BS = +120 Stamina

so all things being equal JC wins out by 3 stamina.

/bump

If you switched from BS to JC'ing it seems you would lose some EH, is that correct?

so im a pally tank and currently have mining/eng.

The 50 sta from mining is nice and the 885 armor enc to gloves from enc is nice as well. Do you think its worth it for me to switch eng to JC or BS? or even both?
    Alliance Stormscale <EngagE> currently recruiting. Check out the website at EngagE.guildlaunch.com

+ Reply to Thread