+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms PvP glyphs/gems

Arms PvP glyphs/gems

Any advice to a beginning PvPer regarding glyphs/gems?

Strength gems in Red sockets.
    Strength/Crit gems in Yellow sockets.
    Use 2 Strength/Stam for the meta.

MS / Bladestorm / Hamstring Majors
    Battle / Charge / Bloodrage Minors

I find the SS glyph to be better than BS in 2's, since you won't be using BS whenever it's off CD anyways. Free SS means you can SS -> BS with 25 rage instead of 55, which helps a lot IMO, especially if your opponents are next to each other. But then again I'm still playing at a low rating...

Edit again: Sweeping Strikes ( :/ ) Also, which meta is good?
    Last edited by Ertis; 05-31-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertis View Post
    Edit again: Sweeping Strikes ( :/ ) Also, which meta is good?
    SS is pretty much 5 free instant attacks on another target... why is that bad? When you use it with Bladestorm the burst damage is retarded.

And for gemming / gear... look at SK 100.

Your meta should be 'chaotic skyflare diamond' 21 crit rating/3% crit dmg (assuming you have tuskarr's on your feet - you need your run speed from somewhere). Yes gem for strength except where you need to match sockets/activate meta then str/crit (yellow/orange) or str/stam (blue/purple).

I use MS/Rend/Bladestorm - I spec 3/3 hamstring so the hamstring glyph isn't that great but if I did give up bladestorm I would probably use the hamstring glyph and drop the points from hamstring in my spec. Bladestorm is very powerful in 2s because it allows you to bladestorm very quickly forcing the other team to blow defensive cooldowns then you have 75 seconds to get them sundered up. They won't be prepared for your second bladestorm.

All of this is for 2v2 BTW - if we're talking 3s or 5s it's much easier to catch 2 targets next to each other making sweeping strikes better (plus most 3s matches as a cleave team are basically decided before your second bladestorm is up).

Yes gem for strength except where you need to match sockets/activate meta then str/crit (yellow/orange) or str/stam (blue/purple).
    So after I get enough to activate the meta, just straight str?

Yes if you don't need to activate meta/socket bonus gem strength.

+ Reply to Thread