+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive DK PvP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    Hi awesome read btw,

Currently getting my feet wet leveling a DK as Frost Dual Wield and enjoying it loads. Recently dinged 70 and now trying out some BGs and studying up on DK pvp for when i hit 80. Just wanted to ask a quick question. Is Dual wielding viable in BGs and what spec is best or should I be looking at a 2hander weapon build?
    Dual wield or two hander for frost seems to be a viable set-up right now.

The best spec for dual wield would probably be something like this:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    just got into PvP, read your guide, great tips. my 2s and 3s team are working on getting to 1k before Tuesday, just wanted to ask you for some tips on keybinds, i'm just now getting use to them. any suggestions for reworking them some?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2zgaud0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    just got into PvP, read your guide, great tips. my 2s and 3s team are working on getting to 1k before Tuesday, just wanted to ask you for some tips on keybinds, i'm just now getting use to them. any suggestions for reworking them some?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2zgaud0.jpg
    Should check out my keybinds guide but having your main attack as 1 is not going to work out well. IT doesn't deserve a keybind like 4 as it is pretty much never used.

QERT4 are the keybinds I use the most so I would suggest putting your most used abilities there (Scourge Strike/Blood Strike/Plague Strike/ Mind Freeze/ Death Coil/ Chains of Ice come to mind).

I'm not good at bar setups and 1 is an easy key to press for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    I'm not good at bar setups and 1 is an easy key to press for me.
    Well you should be using:

W Forward
    A Strafe Left
    S Backward
    D Strafe Right
    Turn with right mouse button

That should free up E and Q and E is so much easier to use for your main attack than 1. I use 1 for Death grip since it's used about every time it's up but doesn't get used multiple times in a 10 second window like your main spells do.

I do that but still I can spam 1 more then Q or E sadly

OMG. Did you even take time when you made that spec for frost? For instance, you spec'd for Threat of Thassarian AND 2-handed weapon specialization. Do you realize that this implies you are using a 2hander and 1handers at the same time?

I mean come on. Waste of talent points. The only reason I can see to spec this way is if you were going to switch weapons in combat for a big crit to kill someone. And even then it's just 4% damage for that one crit.

Maybe you were thinking to put points into specialization for 2-handers or threat of thassarian for dual wielding, in which case you should say so.
    Last edited by Drakell; 10-06-2009 at 07:53 AM.

I'm uhh, pretty sure he linked Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft I don't see a mixup of ToT and 2 hand spec...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Drakell View Post
    OMG. Did you even take time when you made that spec for frost? For instance, you spec'd for Threat of Thassarian AND 2-handed weapon specialization. Do you realize that this implies you are using a 2hander and 1handers at the same time?

I mean come on. Waste of talent points. The only reason I can see to spec this way is if you were going to switch weapons in combat for a big crit to kill someone. And even then it's just 4% damage for that one crit.

Maybe you were thinking to put points into specialization for 2-handers or threat of thassarian for dual wielding, in which case you should say so.
    As I stated at the very top of the thread: That section was not updated to 3.2 as of yet. That linked to an older 3.1 build so the points and talents were allotted differently at the time.

unholy pvp spec 0/17/54

question:can you tell me the rotations for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurgane View Post
    question:can you tell me the rotations for this.
    I responded to your private message already but I'll respond here as well.

PvP doesn't have rotations since it's based around reactions and non-scripted encounters. It's more about priorities since it's so dynamic.

Keep Chains of Ice on your target.
    Try to keep all of your diseases up.
    Blood Strike/Pestilence to turn your blood runes into death runes.
    Scourge Strike is your main rune ability.
    Death coil is your main runic power ability.

The rest of your spells are mostly based around the situation you're in.

Updating this guide soon because I'm coming back to WoW

The guide has been updated for 3.2.2.

I haven't played in a while so if you spot something wrong let me know. As always I'm open to suggestions

Holy Paladin Hell

Hello,

First i would like to say, "Great guide!" Thank you for the hard work in putting it together. Ive been referring to this guide for a while now. Using the guide i have setup my DK similar to what the guide suggests with just a few differences, mainly in talents.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I'm doing pretty well in pvp battlegrounds but have run into a brick wall also called the holy paladin. I cannot seem for the life of me to kill holy paladins. These guys can have 5 people on them and survive.

I usually start out stunning them with the pet to interrupt spellcasting. Mind numb to inerrupt the next spellcast, build up runic power, strangulate and then immediately burst damage including gargoyle. Usually i'm not the only person dps'ing the holy palading either. Anyhow this doesn't seem to phase them. Does anyone else have problems fighting holy paladins.

Any advice on how to take these guys? I'm new here to so if i'm posting in the wrong spot can you direct me to a more suitable thread.

Thanks

The thing with holy paladins especially if you're blood is that their high armor and high mana pools are gonna be rough, but most paladins don't run with mp5 so if you stick to them and keep pressure you should be able to run em oom after they use their bubbles. Unfortunately I'm running warrior competitively only so I'd normally suggest sundering and going ArP. You gotta force the bubble then fake switch to another target and switch back after the bubble is gone. They can be tough though. Are you sure you're not fighting a prot/holy-din? they are harder to kill especially with spamming flash of lights instead of using holy lights.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Think it would be beneficial in a Frost DW PvP spec to pick up Death Rune Mastery and a full Improved Blood Tap in the Blood tree, or is Blood Tap not used much by DK's in Arena? Just got my DK to 80, so I'm curious to find out more about how the class works.

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Think it would be beneficial in a Frost DW PvP spec to pick up Death Rune Mastery and a full Improved Blood Tap in the Blood tree, or is Blood Tap not used much by DK's in Arena? Just got my DK to 80, so I'm curious to find out more about how the class works.
    I think you mean Rune Tap. And I would suggest going unholy for PvP especially for a beginner.

Yes, Rune Tap was what I meant. Yeah, I came to the same conclusion after trying out some pvp, Unholy definitely worked a lot better for me. Although I've seen some builds that skipped over the ghoul, I find that (especially undergeared) it helps to have with you in fights to serve as a distraction. Besides the PvP hit cap and straight Attack Power, though, is there anything I should be looking for for an Unholy PvP spec? Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Besides the PvP hit cap and straight Attack Power, though, is there anything I should be looking for for an Unholy PvP spec? Thanks for the feedback!
    You'll need spell penetration. Most DK's I see are using 4 Stormy Majestic Zircon and the spell piercing enchant to cloak. This puts you at 135 which counters single school resistance buffs.

If you have the right number for hit and spell penetration pretty much just stack strength.

Great Guide, just started a DW frost DK and having fun with him. I just wanted to add that the DW frost set up you recommended is actually also very good for dps for instances. Of course I'm leaving my DK right now so that might change down the line. I really like the fact that I can do both BGs and instances while still being on top of the heap. Thanks for the guide.

+ Reply to Thread