+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maximing TPS for Multi-mob and single target tank

Maximing TPS for Multi-mob and single target tank

Hi everyone at Tankspot,

Just recently I've been having some trouble getting my TPS high enough to keep the DPS from pulling aggro off me. Mostly this occurs when tanking multiple trash mobs but I'd also like some advice on whether my single target rotation is adequate for the job.

To make sure I provide the full package, here's the armory link to my character so anyone willing to help can look into it: Belthibar.

Single target rotation:
    SS, Rev+HS (macroed), CB, SW, Devastate (rinse & repeat).

Obviously, I use TC, DemoShout, and SB when they're off CD; Heroic Strike whenever possible.

Multi-target rotation:
    Charge, TC, (back up now) SW, Devastate, Tab+cleave, (rinse & repeat this last step).

I try to get an SS in asap on the first mob I aggro ofc.

I hope someone might be able to provide some feedback or new insights since I'm somewhat lost atm.

Cheers,
    Bel*.

How much time is your DPS giving you before they start to unload? I know this has been an issue for me. Last night I actually watched a lock felguard and dot before I could even get to the mob, I let her pet die and then taunted just out of pure spite.

Also is your expertise soft capped? And do you have the enchant to gloves for threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Norik View Post
    How much time is your DPS giving you before they start to unload? I know this has been an issue for me. Last night I actually watched a lock felguard and dot before I could even get to the mob, I let her pet die and then taunted just out of pure spite.

Also is your expertise soft capped? And do you have the enchant to gloves for threat?
    Norik,

Let's start with what I'm 100% sure of, the hands enchant. Yes, I have that, and all other enchants that be.imba.hu or wow-heroes.com or even tankspot.com advise.

Our DPS (as far as I can tell) goes hot right from the word go I believe, specifically on bosses, possibly also on trash. Unfortunately, I need my concentration too much to be able to lok at that while tanking.

As for expertise cap, not sure on that one Expertise is 17 atm (expertise rating is 68).

Hope this provides the info you needed.

Cheers,
    Bel*.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriond View Post
    Our DPS (as far as I can tell) goes hot right from the word go I believe, specifically on bosses, possibly also on trash. Unfortunately, I need my concentration too much to be able to lok at that while tanking.
    Cheers,
    Bel*.
    First off, Im not an expert or as well versed as some of the other people around here, but I do suffer from the same things you describe. If you cannot take care of your DPS going hot from the word go then you will always have an issue. If you can take that out of the picture, then I would do the following.

1.) Read this thread http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/4...ur-damage.html

2.) Read this thread for gear http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...ar-glance.html

3.) Try to keep your expertise at 26 (this is the soft cap 57 is hard cap I think.) And keep your hit at 8%

4.) If you are in Naxx 25 and your healers are doing ok, then work on raising your Expertise and using the Attack power potions. TALK TO YOUR HEALERS FIRST !! They are the ones that will best help you to decide how hard you are to heal and how far away from gemming/enchanting for survivability and going for damage that you can go.

I hope some of this helps.

+ Reply to Thread