+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geming and Frost Res gear

Geming and Frost Res gear

Simple question i have not seen any people asking this so , Hodir and tanking him Our guild is now at a point were we are trying him and i have crafted the FR gear but what way to gem it , should i just go pure Stamina or should i add a big of def/avoidance to it as well .

i think it depends on where your defense is at. Our tank last night was still able to be over 540 in a full set of FR gear by gemming for defense.

FR gear comes with quite a bit of stam, i'd gem it for Def.

If this is for 10man Hodir then any DK or Feral should have no trouble tanking it without FR gear. That is if you have one and if you have a dualspec to either dps or heal. If its just you and a prot warrior for example then yes use FR gear and gem for defense cap and then more stam.

If this is for 25man Hodir, you really need to recruit a feral with FR gear.

pfff get some good gear.
    I've gemmed my frostres gear for socket bonuses and trying to reach the defense minimum without trinkets and with 4 set T8 bonus.(2 valorous and 2 conquerors).

Which works out quite well, had no problem tanking hodir on 25 with that, the frostresistance combined with the 4set shieldblock=20% less magic damage bonus is very nice in this fight. Before I had more gear, the Legplates of Sovereignty - Item - World of Warcraft are also great to become critimmune because of the massive defense on them.

I had this discussion with a Tank in our guild. I was already Crit Immune without gems so I gem'd my FR gear for the socket bonuses with a mixture of Defense, Dodge and Stamina. I think it's a nice balance. I get a lot of health, and make up for some of the Avoidance I lose by swapping out the gear.

If this is for 10man Hodir then any DK or Feral should have no trouble tanking it without FR gear. That is if you have one and if you have a dualspec to either dps or heal. If its just you and a prot warrior for example then yes use FR gear and gem for defense cap and then more stam.

If this is for 25man Hodir, you really need to recruit a feral with FR gear.
    Not to be punchy, but this post is retarded. You're going to recruit someone to tank one boss? And "a feral" at that? I've tanked 10-man Hodir without FR since the first week we set foot in Ulduar without an issue and in FR gear one-shot 25-man. As a Prot. Warrior. So, please. Can we save the veiled tank bias for WoW general?

I tank 10-man hodir with my frost resist gear, but I'm a bear. Honestly, it won't hurt on that fight, and as long as you can maintain 540 defense, gem it pure stamina. If not, try swapping a trinket or something.

You don't NEED it, but if you are willing to spend the gold, or already have it, might as well use it.
    "Ultimately, making the blanket statement '25m content is harder, period' is at best an overstatement and at worst ignorant drivel." Garrek

And.....afaik the frostresistance doesn't cost item budget meaning you get quite a bang for your buck on the resistance gear.

+ Reply to Thread