+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Problem

DPS Problem

Hey guys. New Poster here- wanted to start off by saying thanks to all the people that provided these forums; they are a great help!

Now onto my dilemma. --

I have recently ended my 2 year marathon of raiding ( and leveling ) as protection and decided to try fury out for size. The only problem is, my dps is just pitiful. It really has nothing to do with my rotation because i followed the one straight from these forums, and dont experiance any rage droughts or any problems in procs. This leads me to believe that it is my gear.

Although some of my gear is, well, shitty, it is still no excuse to come out with 1.7k dps in a 10 man naxx. but lets cut the chitchat and heres my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I just yesterday got a new cloak, helm and bracers so if you look at it today, they arent yet enchanted or socketed. I know my expertise is low, but i am working on it currently. I dont think that would hinder my dps that far though. I know my gear sucks, but ive seen pallys with blues coming out with 2.2k at least. Whatsa goin on!

Also, is there a point to just respecc into Arms and try to dps that way? cause this was just embarrasing. If so, is ArP still glitched?

Thanks guys!

a) don't wear pvp gear
    b) 11% + hit does not help you as much as 8-9% hit + more expertise (regem/enchant)
    c) Roll arms (but it is much harder than fury so.... not sure what to tell you)

1.7 k dps in 10 man naxx is really low even for your gear level.

the only thing I know well is Arms and the key is that every GCD you should be doing something.. if you miss 1 GCD you will lose a bunch of DPS.

rend (keep up) > MS > DW > OP > slam

in equivalent gear I can pull 3.5+ on patch

Fury over Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Hey guys. New Poster here- wanted to start off by saying thanks to all the people that provided these forums; they are a great help!

Now onto my dilemma. --

I have recently ended my 2 year marathon of raiding ( and leveling ) as protection and decided to try fury out for size. The only problem is, my dps is just pitiful. It really has nothing to do with my rotation because i followed the one straight from these forums, and dont experiance any rage droughts or any problems in procs. This leads me to believe that it is my gear.

Although some of my gear is, well, shitty, it is still no excuse to come out with 1.7k dps in a 10 man naxx. but lets cut the chitchat and heres my armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I just yesterday got a new cloak, helm and bracers so if you look at it today, they arent yet enchanted or socketed. I know my expertise is low, but i am working on it currently. I dont think that would hinder my dps that far though. I know my gear sucks, but ive seen pallys with blues coming out with 2.2k at least. Whatsa goin on!

Also, is there a point to just respecc into Arms and try to dps that way? cause this was just embarrasing. If so, is ArP still glitched?

Thanks guys!
    I was always fury before the nerf to fury warriors (-10% damage) and changed to arms. I still had trouble with my DPS but later learned that it was due to still having fury gems: str/ap The best gems for arms are armour penetration. I have now re-gemmed and my DPS has increased significantly +1200 DPS on top of what I was hitting. Also crit rating should be high minimum 25%+ and aim for soft hit cap also at 8% (262 hit rating)

Hope this helps some.

Prometheous.

Moved to appropriate forum. DPS question, yes, but it is asking for person advice, for this. It goes in the HALP forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think your biggest problem is that you say you are doing everything right.

A bad workman blames his tools.

My warrior as arms in blues from heroics pulls 2500dps

+ Reply to Thread