+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need advice from a 25-Man Uldaur ready DK tank.

I need advice from a 25-Man Uldaur ready DK tank.

(Blood, Frost and Unholy all welcome and applicable)
    Long time Prot Paladin here, and I have a question to all seasoned DKs just starting out/halfway into 25 man uldaur... What's your unbuffed HP, damage reduction percentage from armor, and your dodge/parry/chance to be missed?

I've been contemplating switching over to be a DK tank for a while now. And I've grown weary of how lackluster blocking is for a avoidance/MT geared paladin. So I'm curious as to how much more armor/avoidance/HP you guys get.

I just sorta need to know if it'd be worth it to reroll and re-gear or if I'm just experienceing some class envy.

I'm pretty well geared from Nax 25, though i havn't benefited much from our guilds ulduar progression yet.

I have a 65.82 mitigation from armor
    and flat avoidance is 56.68 with no buffs

Life varies between 31 and 32k depending on trinkets and items for a given fight, avoidance might go up and down with that as well.

Hit Rating is 200 and expertise is 38.

This is my first post and I'm mainly here because I havn't looked at this stuff in a while and need to read up again to keep current so take it with a grain of salt.

Call baseline 63% mitigation, 48% avoidance, 32k health as a guideline. I vary a bit based on gear/spec. I'm close to the hit/expertise caps, again depending on gear.

The main issue in Ulduar I've found is simple EH.

Frankly, I'd be careful about a reroll at this point, with the impending cooldown for paladins, block being reviewed and the continuing nerfs to DKs in an effort to balance tanking. While I enjoy the class, it has become a bit of a rollercoaster between Dev concerns and nonDK qq spam.

I'm a blood DK thats getting pretty well geared (and yet still have many many upgrades available in Ulduar). This spec is quite conducive with EH that is desirable for Ulduar.

My DK is currently sitting at about 36.7K unbuffed HP in my EH/Avoidance set and only slightly less in my threat set. I'm out of town for a couple of days but will post the rest of my stats upon my return.

And yes, as Esch mentioned I would caution against re-rolling right now with many significant tanking changes for all classes on the horizon.

Thanks for the help everyone, I just needed a little more info before I acted on impulse.

I'm gonna stick with it as it's something I'm used to and good at, but I might experiment with DK tanking once the initial "talent shock" wears off and they settle into the "tiny fix patches" rut.

+ Reply to Thread