+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another, Ready for Ulduar?

Another, Ready for Ulduar?

I am a prot pally tank looking for advice on how to be better geared for ulduar 10 man and if i could tank ulduar 10 man (MT and/or OT). Iam stacking stamina and have my hp at over 30k(not a lot over) so i was wondering if im ready.

Heres my The World of Warcraft Armory
    any suggestions would be helpful
    ty

Basic questions to ask yourself:
    • Defense minimum? (540+ defense)
    • Block capped? (102.4%)
    • Hit/expertise capped (or close)?
    • 969 rotation in muscle memory? (Kinda joking, kinda not)

Stats all seem to be there. Your HP is way above what mine was when I started Ulduar10 (still is actually, just less so).

I'm not a fan of that spec, but to be honest, I haven't really tried it out since 3.1. I prefer the 0/53/18 spec, and the only time any dps has pulled off me was by overnuking Vezax while I was kiting him into position on the pull. Once aggro was established, no problem (mages were pulling 9-10K dps because of the gimmicks in that fight).

The only other thing I would suggest is swap out the HoR or Judgement Glyphs for Glyph if Divine Plea. Mana regen is nice, and with the glyph, you get 3% dmg reduction while it's up - GbtL keeps it up once it's cast as long as you're beating on things.

Personally i think you've stacked stamina too much for effective health, my advice would be to drop a bunch of those stam gems and go for some dodge/parry hit and expertise.

The reson i stacked stam was because that i heared from many people is that in order to tank ulduar you have to have at least 30k hp ub. I took out a few threat and avoidence gems so that i could get to the hp min. ill probably regem for threat as i am not expertise or hit caped. I can not tank 25 man raids because of fps lag and a old computer. Ill try to pug ulduar sometime. My guild dose not have enough geared people to run but they're close.

ty for the tips and any more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Brion360 View Post
    The reson i stacked stam was because that i heared from many people is that in order to tank ulduar you have to have at least 30k hp ub.
    Not necessary for 10-man, imho. I started tanking 10-man with about 25K HP unbuffed. Managed to up that a bit after getting a few key items.

I just got "promoted" from 10-man to 25-man tank. I'm a little concerned about my HP in Heroic Ulduar, but normal isn't a problem. I would go back and adjust for more avoidance and threat; personal preference really.

+ Reply to Thread