+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shield Slam vs Revenge

Shield Slam vs Revenge

Ok, now my problem is with this order of operations here. Now from a TPS stand point which should i use first if they are both available shield slam or revenge?

You'd want to go with Shield Slam first then revenge following after.

Reason for this is not only the bigger tps of the shield slam, but also because if you use shield slam, then revenge, it has a chance of proccing sword and board, giving you another shield slam right after.

Ok, following question... Revenge does more dmg and a stun which causes threat as long as a free heroic strike if your glyphed for it... so with that said will the 1 shield slam you be the equivalent to the dmg bonus of your revenge along with the following free attack you get and a stun?

Quote Originally Posted by Soyboy View Post
    Ok, following question... Revenge does more dmg and a stun which causes threat as long as a free heroic strike if your glyphed for it... so with that said will the 1 shield slam you be the equivalent to the dmg bonus of your revenge along with the following free attack you get and a stun?
    Like someone has already said...revenge can proc SS so if SS is already up then you can't proc ss ss+ rev+ss > rev + ss + dev/conc ( if it's up ) and that's why. You still revenge either way but useing SS first gives you a chance of getting 2 shield slams faster.

Never ever use revenge if SS is up ......unless you're UA spec then you shouldn't even be asking :P

That just doesnt seem right to me... the time in between the revenge and ss cooldowns are 5 seconds and 6 seconds so your telling me you will shield slam then revenge and may or my not get a proc that you are rlying on? Im saying if you use both of those right after eachother if 1 misses or it doesnt proc 2 of your highest tps spells are down for 5 seconds? Now is that actually even worth it when you can pop the revenge get sword and boared if your lucky use it then by the time you use it revenge will be back up and you can do it all over rinse and repeat?

Have you seen this thread?
    Ideal Warrior Single Target Threat Rotation

if you hit revenge and then sword and board procs and you sheild slam, you get 2 hits in 2 seconds. you are now waiting 5-6 secs to use them again.

if you hit Shield slam, one second global cooldown and hit revenge and get a swond and board proc, you refresh the cooldown on shield slam and can hit it again immediately.. so in the matter of 3 seconds you can land three hits vs. 2 in 6 seconds using the two abilities. Even if you dont get a sword and board proc, you are still getting the same thing in the first scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Soyboy View Post
    That just doesnt seem right to me... the time in between the revenge and ss cooldowns are 5 seconds and 6 seconds so your telling me you will shield slam then revenge and may or my not get a proc that you are rlying on? Im saying if you use both of those right after eachother if 1 misses or it doesnt proc 2 of your highest tps spells are down for 5 seconds? Now is that actually even worth it when you can pop the revenge get sword and boared if your lucky use it then by the time you use it revenge will be back up and you can do it all over rinse and repeat?
    First of all if your attacks are being missed or dodged your gear has other issues that need fixing, or you're tanking a lvl of content that threat isn't an issue anyway.

Second.... what you said here makes no sense to me. S&B can not proc if SS isn't on cool down. It isn't a lingering effect it just resets the cooldown of SS. Devastate can also proc S&B. You ALWAYS want ss on cooldown so you can get as many S&B procs as you can. SS also has a higher threat component than rev so even though rev will sometimes hit for more it doesn't do more threat with a normal build.

You should open up with a Concussion Blow, then worry about Shield Slam, Shield Slam require way too much rage (24 rages with talents) on Start, and Concussion blow only require 12 rage, on top of that, always use your longer cool down ability first, so you can use it again sooner.

Edit; SS is 17 rage, but usually you won't get enough till you actually recieve first hit form the mob.
    Last edited by Hayate; 05-26-2009 at 11:44 PM.

in pretty sure that SS is less than 24 rage with talents, i think it get get to around 17 rage? not sure but definately lower than 24, (I think it starts at 20).
    SS is by far the best threat move a warrior has and should be used first in a rotation in the vast majority of situations.
    Last edited by zacsafus; 05-23-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Soyboy
    I see one thing wrong with what your saying. Revenge should not be doing more damage than your shield slam. You may want to go back and look at your talents if it is.

Hayate
    I am going to guess you have not actually played a warrior in a really long time. Shield slam now costs 20 rage and 17 with talents.

Revenge does do more damage than Shield Slam once you reach certain AP levels, as it scales with AP and Shield Slam does not. But Shield Slam still does more threat.

Don't forget about the Glyph of Blocking. Your first shield slam gives you a bit more mitigation as well, not to mention harder Shield Slams.
    Told you so.

glyph of blocking procs before your shield slam actually when you press it, so even from the first shield slam, you've already got the 10% block gain.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Is that confirmed? I've always felt my subsequent shield slams did more damage than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    glyph of blocking procs before your shield slam actually when you press it, so even from the first shield slam, you've already got the 10% block gain.
    This would make sense - I've seen a post somewhere that claims that this glyph is bugged and doesn't work at all, and had been tested - but if the above is true, that could well have misled the poster if he didn't realise it.

If it is true, then an extra 10% permanent increase to your shield slam (and not just 2 / 3 or so) truly is godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalphir View Post
    Is that confirmed? I've always felt my subsequent shield slams did more damage than the first.
    That's because you have more stacks of sunder armor up for later shield slams.

prior on skills:

1.Shieldslam
    2.Revenge
    3.Devestate

all combined with HS.

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Damonvile View Post
    S&B can not proc if SS isn't on cool down. It isn't a lingering effect it just resets the cooldown of SS. Devastate can also proc S&B.
    SnB can actually proc even when Shield Slam is off cooldown. It simply makes the next Shield Slam cost 0 rage, as resetting the cooldown would have no effect in that scenario.

That said, Shield Slam still has priority over Revenge as stated by others.
    I'm a tank. I like the beatings.

+ Reply to Thread