+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ghost talks about pally mana regen

Ulduar Holy Pally loot/mana regen

I stack crit for my mana regen, but looking at the loot in Ulduar for Holy pallys there are only a few peices with crit (a helm from iron council and two teir peices.... there may be other peices i.e. trinkets etc.). On the whole all of the plate healing gear out of Ulduar (10 and 25) has Mp5 and no crit at all. I am personally concerned about what this will do for my healing: most of which comes from crit. Having basically no flat Mp5 atm it is really going to be painful looting these peices that I really do not want. Any other Pally healers agree or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Daina1 View Post
    I stack crit for my mana regen, but looking at the loot in Ulduar for Holy pallys there are only a few peices with crit (a helm from iron council and two teir peices.... there may be other peices i.e. trinkets etc.). On the whole all of the plate healing gear out of Ulduar (10 and 25) has Mp5 and no crit at all. I am personally concerned about what this will do for my healing: most of which comes from crit. Having basically no flat Mp5 atm it is really going to be painful looting these peices that I really do not want. Any other Pally healers agree or is it just me?

What it means is that for the time being a lto of oru BIS are still nax items or a couple mail items throughout Ulduar. Still use the 4-piece tier 7 for now as well.

This is likely to change so if you can pick up the current Ulduar plate healing drops and bank them do that on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Daina1 View Post
    There's actually a few items in Ulduar that have crit on them. From 10 man:
    Gauntlets of the Thunder God - Item - World of Warcraft
    Legplates of Flourishing Resolve - Item - World of Warcraft
    Pauldrons of Tempered Will - Item - World of Warcraft
    Sabatons of the Iron Watcher - Item - World of Warcraft

From 25 man:
    Ancient Iron Heaume - Item - World of Warcraft
    Frostplate Greaves - Item - World of Warcraft
    Gloves of the Pythonic Guardian - Item - World of Warcraft
    Greaves of the Rockmender - Item - World of Warcraft
    Horologist's Wristguards - Item - World of Warcraft
    Lifeforge Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft

That's just the plate pieces, I'm not accounting for trinkets, weapon slot items, or rings. And the thing is this: Blizz is considering nerfing Illumination because of the paladins who stack intellect (and therefore crit) so much that they have 30k unbuffed mana, thus they rarely if ever go oom. It's just like when warriors stacked armor pen so much that they could put a boss into negative armor--that grew so OP because warriors were stacking so much of just one stat that Blizzard felt no choice but to nerf.

We're supposed to have a balance of mp5 and crit, not an overreliance of one or two stats at the cost of every single other stat that we use for healing. I'd rather balance myself out than see myself get caught by surprise later on because of overreliance of one stat.

Hello qygibo, this is Aprime from plusheal
    (no i am not stalking you, not with your hubby around...:P)

What strikes me is that GC did not answer the question, but simply went around and did a misd shot by telling us that they use the nerf bat if we continue to QQ.

"MP5, with current allocation percentages, is worthless for holy paladins."

The original question was not to complain abt mp5's abilities, but the stat cost. It is the MOST expensive stat on gear. Why?

GC simply said that mp5 shud not be ignored. Nothing abt why it is so expensive in pve. He is avoiding the itemstat mechanics.

In a way I can see why he wouldn't answer direct questions.. I mean, Blizzard has been burnt plenty of times by stating what they were planning and then not being able to implement it, causing people to get mad at Blizzard.

Right now they are talking about putting more mp5 on gear to make it look a valuable stat for paladins again. For me it gets me kind of concerned, because how much would be needed in order to get those people who stack nothing but intellect and crit to start considering mp5 again? How will this affect the other healing classes, especially shamans, who right now are the ones who stack mp5 the most? It just feels too much like a band-aid fix.

In preparation for 3.2, and the supposed changes to paladins coming should we start collecting the Ulduar gear with Mp5 on it?

I'm going to try to get my hands on a few items with Mp5, but I won't do anything drastic quite yet until I find out more about these changes. Any thoughts?
    [blizzard]
    Regardless of any other changes we might make, mp5 just doesn't seem to provide enough point for point on gear. It's possible (likely?) we'll just increase all of the mp5 on gear.
    [/blizzard]
    Paladins - Should we start collecting Mp5? - Wowraid Bluetracker

Quote Originally Posted by qygibo View Post
    In a way I can see why he wouldn't answer direct questions.. I mean, Blizzard has been burnt plenty of times by stating what they were planning and then not being able to implement it, causing people to get mad at Blizzard.
    I fully agree with you. Take warrior tanking mechanics for example. They were fully aware of the troubles and bugs that plague the war tank community, but they seem hand tied to do anything constructive about it. The posts regarding genuine and old issues are constantly avoided (yes blizz stacks dodge) and they seem to prefer to spend their time on trivial cases which fellow gamers could and would provide for on the technical forums.

The obvious issue right now is how ineffective the SP/MP5 healadin build. Blizzard did not anticipate the power of these forums to introduce to the general public another vastly popular build :Int/Crit/Haste. This build far surpass the craptastic quality of the former as the stat cost of all of these are way cheaper than Mp5, thus allowing us to stack them to breaking points and achieving the likes for close to (raidbuffed) healing >55% crits and haste capped at the same time.

Now the uld gear is back on track, with plenty SP/MP5 and missing Crit/Haste and yellow slots. This is not a bandaid fix though, as we can see the direction they are steering us towards with the set bonus : higher mana regen & SP requirements. Both Holy Shock and Sacred Shield are dependant on SP and mana regen, and totally haste independant. It is quite clear we are expected to be more rounded in our abilities. They want to bring back the ol' ways.

I highly doubt that they will nerf us further, Divine Plea -50% is quite huge for learning encounters. Tanks that may not be geared to the teeth, Bad RNG, are reasons why -50% cannot keep up HPS against the DTPS. We may only rotate avaneging wrath, HoS when we want to use Divine Plea. These also attributes to GcD as well.

Once Mp5 is more manageable and attractive, we can expect to mix and match some pieces to fully utilise a high HPS - High endurance model. Mp5 will be a pure bad mofo endurance stat.

+ Reply to Thread