+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geared Enough for big hits in Ulduar25

Geared Enough for big hits in Ulduar25

Hey basically I need some advice on spec/gear/stats from my fellow War Tanks or any willing to lend me their time. Lately Ive had issues with certain bosses ( Ignis, Hodir, and maybe Deconstructor ) where I am not getting the sufficient heals required to keep me alive and I take what looks like a 1 hit. Now Ive tanked just all of my guilds attempts/kills on 25m so I know im capable to survive but Im starting to doubt myself.

I dunno if its just healers not paying attention but last night was the last straw for me, I assigned the druid tank with the higher hp pool because I just wanted to get our night of raiding finished. I thought about buying badge neck and belt to give me a bit more cushion. Let me know what you think Tankspot Community !

Sounds like a healing problem, your HP level is more than adequate. Personally, I would run with less block gear and get more dodge and parry for the harder hitting bosses.

I was aware of my high block and Ive thought about buying up Shieldwarder Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft and Shard of the Crystal Forest - Item - World of Warcraft to give me that bit of dodge I might need also so I can get rid of my def trinket and go with my JC hp trinket for even more stam. Thank you very much for confirming my thoughts on this ^.^

The badge neck and belt would give you a nice boost in dodge and some HP, also like you stated the JC trinket would definitely help. That being said I'm putting it on your healers, your health pool is fine for the Siege area bosses. I would recommend FR for Hodir though, it trivializes the fight and is a big stress relief on the healers.

Got my Frost Resist for Hodir 3 pieces at that and my base stam is higher still in that gear. Thank you cuz I believed it wasnt on me but now I definitely know ^.^

Make sure that the boss is getting debuffed by Demo shout and TC at all times. I know I had gotten lazy about this in Tier 7, but it makes a big difference. If you really need more survivability, then you can go with a spec that takes improved demo shout and improved commanding shout to help out as well - I did this our first few weeks in Ulduar (at the cost of deep wounds). Your threat will suck and be heavily reliant on vigiliance, but it will help for MTing.

Well I went out made a few adjustments to gear and now instead of just 32k hp Ive hit 34K unbuffed. Along the way I also gained hit cap which was very nice. The new neck, belt and wrist really worked for me. Still wish my parry and dodge were higher but Im not gonna be upset with 24% dodge. Sark I keep demo and obviously TC up more so TC but I guess its just gonna be me finding a spot in my rotation to keep Demo fresh. Ty everyone if you can take a look tell me what u think let me know I appreciate all the feedback ^.^

+ Reply to Thread