+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: What's That Addon?

Which Addon is used to get this chatstyle? Especially the Fading and the Borders.
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/784...1010134049.jpg

Hes using most likely prat and kgpanels

How can i config kgpanels to get this style? Is it a premade?

In the Anubrekhan video, there is an addon that shows the two party groups in a very small unobtrusive way. Could anyone please tell me what addon that is? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Verita View Post
    In the Anubrekhan video, there is an addon that shows the two party groups in a very small unobtrusive way. Could anyone please tell me what addon that is? Thanks!
    If you're talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g47oN5snpSU where Ciderhelm is explaining 10 man Anub'rekhan, those are the base UI's raid frames that you get if you drag a group out of your raid and onto the world frame.

Most people tend towards using custom raid frames like Grid rather than the base UI. If you meant to say the Anub'arak videos, all of them are using Grid.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 01-29-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Alshakar View Post
    How can i config kgpanels to get this style? Is it a premade?
    kgpanels is an addon that allows the placement of images on your user interface (in .tga format). Quite litterally, there is a graphic of that faded texture that the user places in that position. There are several tutorials on this site for kgpanels, I'd recommend reading them. You will generally find that actually creating the files is more difficult than importing them.

So to answer both your questions.

1. You can't set up kgpanels to use that "style". There is no such thing as a style. This is litterally placing of graphic files onto your UI.
    2. kgpanels does not include premade panels, you have to either make them yourself or get them from someone else if they make it available to download.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I am looking for information on an addon used in the video Blood price can someone tell me the name of that add on please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemdon View Post
    I am looking for information on an addon used in the video Blood price can someone tell me the name of that add on please?
    25 man version is Darksend's UI.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Darksend-s-UI
    10 man version is Aliena's UI.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...28-Aliena-s-UI

Your question isn't possable to answer. Keep in mind people's user interfaces are generally comprised of many addons, not just one (my UI for example has around 35 active addons). You would have to be a lot more specific in your question if you want to know a specific addon.

What I am looking for is an easier way to set up mu UI than the traditional way and what addons I should get to help with the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemdon View Post
    What I am looking for is an easier way to set up mu UI than the traditional way and what addons I should get to help with the set up.
    Addons serve some type of purpose. If you can't define a purpose, it's not possible to define an addon that serves it. For example if you want an addon to customize the setup of your action bars, you'd get something like Bartender4 or Dominos. No one can tell you what you want... you have to tell us. Now if you want some kind of prebuilt UI, then you're looking at downloading the entire UI used by a different user, which in the case of Darksend and Aliena there are available downloads of their entire UI which can be found by following the prior links posted. They will also list out the addons they use.

If you have a more specific question...
    Oh how did they make their player frame look like that?
    How did they get those backgrounds?
    What is that on the bottom right corner of <insert name>'s UI in that video?

Those type of questions can be answered. Specific addons serve specific purposes. If you don't tell us what you want to know, we can't tell you what addon you want.

what im looking for is an addon that i seen a guild leader use where he was inviting for a 25 man raid...it put a message of, All members of "rank" or above will be invited in 10 seconds please leave your groups, in guild chat

I believe oRA3 can do this

what is the addon along the top of chat box that has the abilities running along a timer(ive seen it on many addons but never caught the name of it)..and does it support modules for specs or do you have to configure it to your rotation?

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...110_180352.jpg

looks like fortexorsist to me but it could also be sexycooldowns.

doc

Hello thar, I've been building a UI over the past few days (slowly cause i have no idea with things) but there is a Bartender skin i -really- want but for the life of me I cannot find it. Anyone have any idea? it's from Wrath's UI but I didn't post there cause I figure'd if he had quit he would not be looking in that any time soon.
    Heres a small screen shot of it:

Skin.jpg

Edit: Should probably mention it's not listed in his UI list. =(
    Last edited by Creig; 02-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creig View Post
    Hello thar, I've been building a UI over the past few days (slowly cause i have no idea with things) but there is a Bartender skin i -really- want but for the life of me I cannot find it. Anyone have any idea? it's from Wrath's UI but I didn't post there cause I figure'd if he had quit he would not be looking in that any time soon.
    Heres a small screen shot of it:

Attachment 935

Edit: Should probably mention it's not listed in his UI list. =(
    I don't really see any skin there. I think that's just a panel behind the buttons you're talking about. In which case it is either the outdated eePanels2 listed or kgpanels.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggronaught View Post
    what is the addon along the top of chat box that has the abilities running along a timer(ive seen it on many addons but never caught the name of it)..and does it support modules for specs or do you have to configure it to your rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc309 View Post
    looks like fortexorsist to me but it could also be sexycooldowns.

doc
    The functionality of the bar with the moving icons can be done with either but in this case I believe this case is ForteXorsist.

To answer the original question.
    It doesn't do your rotation like something like Faceroller would. ForteXorsist is primarily a cooldown monitor or buff/debuff monitor. It isn't telling you when to push buttons, it's telling you when they are available again. Granted some dps rotations are "push this when this is available" type rotations so it can appear that it is telling you your rotation. It is just an alternative display for things with timers (instead of the bars moving, the icon moves). So you don't have to set it up for your rotation. You do still have to set it up for your particular needs however (for example my version of SexyCooldown only monitors Eclipse, nothing else).

Im lookin for the name of an addon that i seen on Aliena's Rotface video. As i am a healer i dont regualry see the boss's health.
    so the addon im lookin for is the one at the bottom of her screen that shows her HP then the boss in the middle then her targets health.
    ty.

Its just a ToT frame from Pitbull3. If you watch the video carefully you can see that the frame changes based on her target's target. If I may suggest something - use /focus command for the boss if you want to track the health ( providing you are not using it for healing ). Another option is to use DBM or DXE boss mods ( note that you may have to enable boss health frame in DBM in encounter specific options).

Good morning. I am trying to find the name of a certain add-on used by Lore in the 25 man Lana'thel video. In the center of his screen with a large button refreshing with the next attack in the rotation. Looks like something watcher-esque.

Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread