+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: What's That Addon?

Hi im a total noob n was wondering if anyone could give me a nice addon that keeps track of cooldowns on targets? and also how people zoom out further than allowed in interface? please help

also if anyone could tell me how i can keep focus of my screen in the center? so that i dont have to look down at my action bars when im in a fight..i think it was something called grid or something? but im not 100% sure..if anyone could assist me ud be so awesome! thanks
    Last edited by theraven9999; 12-23-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Could any1 suggest few addon that can come in handy for a Fury Pve warrior

Quote Originally Posted by bane91 View Post
    Hello , I was wondering if some1 could tell me the nice addon that could be in use for me for a fury warrior .
    Thank's !
    Quote Originally Posted by bane91 View Post
    Could any1 suggest few addon that can come in handy for a Fury Pve warrior
    Don't really need to re-ask your same question. And the reason you haven't received an answer is because your question is far too open. Addons serve a purpose, they don't define it. You need to figure out what you need first and then we can tell you where to go. If you want general suggestions that apply to everyone and not you specifically then you should read a class guide. Otherwise if you ask such an open ended question you will get relatively useless information.

Everything you need is provided by the base UI, however the way it is provided may not suit your play style. What you are looking for isn't an addon to make you a better Fury Warrior, you need a guide. Once you better understand your role and what you do, then you understand better what type of information is useful to you. Then you can come back here and ask for advice about specific addons to get information in a way that is more convenent than the base UI.

For example... after playing Fury for a while you may come to the realization that a lot of what you do comes down to cooldowns, and the default cooldown dial on icons for your action bar doesn't present that cooldown in an easy to interpret way and would like suggestions on different cooldown monitors. Then people can spout off a list of various things to meet your specific need such as OmniCC to add text cooldown counters to your action bars, PowerAuras to put information in the middle of your screen when things come off cooldown, ForteXorcist to put your cooldowns in a logorithmic timer bar, or other such varied techniques of displaying cooldown specific information. Addons serve a purpose, however if you don't know what you need then what's the purpose?
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by theraven9999 View Post
    Hi im a total noob n was wondering if anyone could give me a nice addon that keeps track of cooldowns on targets? and also how people zoom out further than allowed in interface? please help

also if anyone could tell me how i can keep focus of my screen in the center? so that i dont have to look down at my action bars when im in a fight..i think it was something called grid or something? but im not 100% sure..if anyone could assist me ud be so awesome! thanks
    First off, on zooming the two console variables (WoWWiki list of Console Variables) you are concerned with are:
    cameraDistanceMax (WoWWiki Article)
    cameraDistanceMaxFactor (WoWWiki Article)
    For example:
    Code:
    /console cameraDistanceMax 50
    By "cooldowns on targets" I assume you're just asking for a Boss Mod which provides timers based on information gathered and provided to the addon developer. These cooldowns are approximations (although in some cases very accurate or even exact) based on data gathered. This doesn't know the cooldown on "one-shot tank attack" is 15 seconds because when the ability was used it can figure out the cooldown, no, it stores this data in the addon files and the developer coded it such that when it sees "one-shot tank attack" is used by the mob it knows it will be at least 15 seconds until the next time it gets used. There is no addon that can tell you a hostile units cooldowns, that is actually functionally impossible. The addon just has data stored in it about abilities. In any case the most common Boss Mods in use are:
    Deadly Boss Mods (Curse)
    Big Wigs (Curse)
    Deus Vox Encounters (Curse)

If you are looking more from a PvP standpoint such as an estimated timer for PvP trinket usage in Arenas then you would be looking at an addon like Gladius. Against players however, cooldowns are even more rigid. Not only can you not know a hostile units cooldown, but since talents and glyphs can modify ability cooldowns even an estimated value could be off.

Grid is a customizable raid frame and has nothing to do with your action bars. If you want to move your action bars then you are looking for either Bartender4 or Dominos. Though in regard to not looking at your action bars, that is more a matter of proper training in knowing your keybindings so you don't have to look at them. If you are looking at them for cooldown information then you want a cooldown monitor for yourself probably to make things easier such as but not limited to adding text timers to your action bars with an addon like OmniCC, adding information to the center of your screen when abilities come off cooldown with something like PowerAuras, displaying your cooldowns in a logorithmic timer bar such as ForteXorcist, or other such varied cooldown monitors.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I am looking for some addon that could let me right-click on the minimap to bring up a list of the options normally available in the menu bar, so that I can remove Blizzard's ugly one, and instead have it there, I am aiming for a very minimalistic UI etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dévourer View Post
    I am looking for some addon that could let me right-click on the minimap to bring up a list of the options normally available in the menu bar, so that I can remove Blizzard's ugly one, and instead have it there, I am aiming for a very minimalistic UI etc.
    I'd recommend just using Bartender4 or Dominos and setting the menu bar to be hidden in combat and only show if you hover over it. I'm not aware of any addon that does what you are asking for, though I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to add an additional event handler to the minimap to have it control the visibility of that bar.

I mean if all you want to do is hide it 99% of the time, then hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    I'd recommend just using Bartender4 or Dominos and setting the menu bar to be hidden in combat and only show if you hover over it.
    I did try this, and I am totally unable to find it, when it is hidden, I have already made it Hide IC.

I believe it would be a quite simple addon?

The addon that disables in game sound but allows addon sounds (mainly boss mods) to go through

I'm looking for an addon that adds text/percentage and power on the default boss's HP bar that appears under the minimap. Thank you!

Hey all.

I'm looking for the add-on that you use in the Magmaw video, what I'm looking for is the add-on that makes the nameplates on the mobs be out-faded

Quote Originally Posted by Storefix View Post
    Hey all.

I'm looking for the add-on that you use in the Magmaw video, what I'm looking for is the add-on that makes the nameplates on the mobs be out-faded
    You meaning Aliena's Mawmag video? She uses Tidy Plates > Neon

Thx alot m8

Was wondering if someone could suggest a working addon to take and move the portrait of my toon and my target and target of targets. I want to be able to move them to the center bottom of my screen instead of at the top so it is easier to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gondur View Post
    Was wondering if someone could suggest a working addon to take and move the portrait of my toon and my target and target of targets. I want to be able to move them to the center bottom of my screen instead of at the top so it is easier to see.
    If all you are looking for is moving the portait:

Round3DPortaits
    Simple3DPortaits

More likely you want the entire unit frame moved, not just the portrait. If you simply want to move the existing unit frames, you would use an addon like:

MoveAnything

If you want to change the unit frames, you would use one of a variety of unit frame addons such as (to name a few):

Pitbull4
    ag_unitFrames
    xperl
    ShadowedUnitFrames
    oUF

Alternatively you could use a heads up display instead such as:

IceHud

Hi guys!!! I was wondering what addon is this one???

http://i55.tinypic.com/34ysd8i.png

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Hi guys!!! I was wondering what addon is this one???

http://i55.tinypic.com/34ysd8i.png
    A lot of addons could be customized to display like that. It is basically a buff/debuff monitor. Just about any bar-based buff monitor could be set up like this such as Elkano's Buff Bars or ForteXorcist. I'm not aware of one that looks like that out of the box. If I were to venture a guess I'd say it was ElkBuffBars with the colors and font customized since the display format looks relatively close to the default display format (icon left, small size, text next to icon, time right aligned, separate foreground and background color, no dot tick measure).
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 01-20-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quartz looks like that by default
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

Hi I'm wondering what the map add-on in this video is.

Right around 19 seconds.

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind it's TukUI
    Last edited by Ithyphallic52; 01-21-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Mapster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dévourer View Post
    I did try this, and I am totally unable to find it, when it is hidden, I have already made it Hide IC.

I believe it would be a quite simple addon?
    TukUI's mini-map has this functionality. You middle-click the minimap and it brings up your minimenu. Unfortunately my lua skills aren't savvy enough to quickly determine what they did to add this functionality. Sorry I can't be more of a help.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

+ Reply to Thread