+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Objectives won't go away

Objectives won't go away

See that thing in the top right that reads 'Objectives?' It's like a smudge on a window that won't go away. I've gone through every game interface option and every add on option. This thing won't go away and I'm at a total loss as to what to do. I know it says 'Objectives (2)' indicating that its tracking two things. But I can't for the life of me discover what they might be. Perhaps someone out there can help me think of what I've not yet considered.

List of Addons:

Mik Scrolling Battle Text
    Omen
    Overachiever
    Prat
    Recount
    Satrina Buff Frames
    SexyCooldown
    SexyMap
    Titan Panel
    X-Pearl
    DBM
    Bartender
    Outfitter
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

Well, it's the header for the quest/achievment tracker. Untrack any quests you have and it hides. You can disable auto quest tracking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysere View Post
    Well, it's the header for the quest/achievment tracker. Untrack any quests you have and it hides. You can disable auto quest tracking too.
    done and done. no change.

literally 0 quests in my quest log, so nothing to track. I've disabled all add ons to check that and it's still there, so this is not an add on issue..
    Last edited by JollyWarrior; 04-01-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyWarrior View Post
    done and done. no change.

literally 0 quests in my quest log, so nothing to track. I've disabled all add ons to check that and it's still there, so this is not an add on issue..
    It doesn't have the little red button to the left of the text that lets you show/hide the objectives being tracked? Or it doesnt do anything? It sounds almost like the saved settings for the objectives box have become corrupted...

Edit: if the above is true, try this:

Exit the game.

Find your World of Warcraft folder in Program Files. Find the 'WTF' folder within it and open it.

Head to 'Account' then open the folder with the same name as your WoW account.

Find the folder with your realm's name and then within that, the folder with your character's name.

Look for a file named 'config-cache.wtf' (first, I suggest you copy and paste a backup copy on to your desktop, just in case...) open it in Notepad.

Within the file look for 2 lines that look similar to the following:

Code:
    SET trackedQuests "v%pJ"
    SET trackedAchievements "v#5~#5z"
    Delete them.

Save the file.

Now, if I'm right that should solve the problem.
    Last edited by Raysere; 04-01-2010 at 04:47 AM.

I followed your instructions to no avail

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zf69ld&s=5

this shows the objectives thing zoomed in and when I right click the word 'objectives.' I think you're right, something is corrupted. When I log onto my other toons (all sub 80) it disappears when I'm not tracking anything.

EDIT: [IMG] tags weren't working

EDIT2: I deleted all in my WTF and still no change >_< I've relogged. Restarted. Addons on. Addons off. This thing is driving me silly.

EDIT3: Found this post on WoW forums. The guys english is teribad, but it seems he is having the same issues. I'm banned from forums (really boring story) and so can't log in to clarify what it is he's trying to say. I guess from here all I can do is ticket a GM.

EDIT4: A friend gave me this script "/script RemoveTrackedAchievement(GetTrackedAchievements()) " It solved the problem but it feels like a bandaid to a minor bug in the game.

For anyone reading this with the same problem use the script once for each number which follows 'Objectives.' So, 'Objectives(2)' would need to use the script twice. (I suspect typing the number into the () would work as well.)
    Last edited by JollyWarrior; 04-01-2010 at 04:12 PM.

I had a similar issue early in Wrath. The issue seems to stem from a patch seriously altering the parts of a game that an add-on interacts with. Resulting in a permanent display issue.

No matter what I did I really couldn't ever get it to go away. Ended up having to wipe everything and start over. Cleared it all up. So if your script gets annoying you might have to try full blown method.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Arikak View Post
    I had a similar issue early in Wrath. The issue seems to stem from a patch seriously altering the parts of a game that an add-on interacts with. Resulting in a permanent display issue.

No matter what I did I really couldn't ever get it to go away. Ended up having to wipe everything and start over. Cleared it all up. So if your script gets annoying you might have to try full blown method.
    ya the script needs entered each time I log in, but I just make a macro and click it when i log in

Try completely deleting Sexymap and all its settings. Objectives are usually (at least they used to be) tied to the minimap and decent map addons gave methods of relocating the said box. Maybe something there got corrupted. Complete deletion & reinstall of minimap might help

Same problem, hate that thing, it won't go away, driving me crazy. Glad I'm not the only one.

/subscribe, in case someone finds a permanent solution.

open the map with M and click the box that says "show quest objectives", worked for me however it removes the in game quest tracking thing on the map which i didn't find a bad thing as it was messed up anyways

I had this problem for the last month or so as well and decided to check up on it. I disabled all my addons and cleared my quest logs, and the objectives was still there. After looking at the forums, this was suggested.

/run print(GetTrackedAchievements())

That gave me achievement ID 910. I looked it up in wowhead and it turned out to be [Elders of the Dungeon]. I went to my achievements page and checked under the Lunar event.... and found myself still tracking the achievement o.O uncheck... now it's all gone

Also, you don't have to go to wowhead to search for the ID. You can just run this script:

/run RemoveTrackedAchievement(yourIDgoeshere)

then hit /reload

I just did the wowhead thing because i was curious as to what it was that sitting in the corner for so long

Thanks Manami worked for me

I sent a ticket into Blizz before I found the script solution and their solution was the script I posted in an earlier post. So the official solution is
    /script RemoveTrackedAchievement(GetTrackedAchievements())

One thing I think everyone has forgotten is that it was tracking quests AND achievements. For some reason, when the achievements were completed, they didn't clear. I'm sure if you go through your achievements list, you'll find so and so being tracked. The scripts will do the job for you without going through all your achievements.

I considered justified to semi-necro this thread to thank you guys. Getting rid of the unnamed tracked achievement was a real relief.

Turned out to be the I Pitied The Fool achievement, somehow fitting of this whole situation.

Script Worked for Me!

I had been struggling with this one for months. Ran the script and found an achievement that was being tracked I was unaware of. Unchecked it and the Objective frame is now gone!

Thank you!
    Berly

+ Reply to Thread