+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms PVP Stance Dancing, tactics vs other players

Arms PVP Stance Dancing, tactics vs other players

I would like to discuss stances in pvp, so we can all get a good idea on maximum dps/survival given the situation. Here are my tactics and this is by no means a guide, this is the way logic tells me to handle certain sitauations. There are much more skilled arms warrior i would like to get some feedback from. please feel free to comment or post your own.

Battle Stance:
    I spend most of my time in this stance for rend, OP, juggernaut etc.
    I love rend (with traumu etc, ive seen ticks of upto 900per, with glyph i think it ticks for 16s?)

So naturally my order of the day is: Jugernaut, MS, pop a rend, either a hamstring or piercing howl (situational). Now we can start working the target down. Keeping the Ms debuff and rend up. OP, Execute.

Bladestorm I normally use when my team is assaulting a base and they need the healers and dps to scatter. Bladestorm coupled with Recklessness can be a huge team destroyer if you have 4 or 5 tightly knit enemies. You can easily take them all down about 10K.

Zerker:
    Really only to use intercept if charge is on cd (being kited), or to pop recklessness. Pummel for interupts,ww.

Defensive:
    To disarm, or get ready for a incoming stealthed rogue, gotta love revenges hitting for 6K. (I dont find i get beaten down by DK or Ret pala, I can handle them in battle stance. Comes more down to the player skill/gear here). Shield Wall is also a goodie. I find spell reflect to be best used when in prot spec. I can now 3 shot a lot of mages, this with my heroic / shattering throw. I feel no need for defensive stance. There arent any other casters that really give problems.

After all Mages were always our nemesis.

================================================== ====
    VS OTHER CLASSES
    vs Warrior

I find the initial charge is quite important, like a bar fight the one who gets the first punch in normally wins. Not as much the case but with juggernaut this is going to give u a 5-6K HP advantage.

I will charge, MS, rend, {defensive stance} disarm, demorilaze shout, {battle stance} OP when he dodges, keep rend up, MS, fear, charge in again.

Conclusion: Timing with abilities is everything, you are trying to outplay, outsmart a mirror of yourself (abilities wise)
    Last edited by Kaumu; 05-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

vs Mage

Charge in and get that shield off as soon as possible, Drop a rend initially to wear him down while hes blinking all over the place. Its possible to 3 shot semi geared mages with a rend active. If i get iced, i use a shattering throw. This prepares for my next juggernaut charge and does huge amounts of damage.

Arms is quite strong now and i find myself more of an offensive than defensive player, so i feel no need to switch to sword and board and spell reflect like before.

Overpower also rocks if u can punish him with one.

Definitely not the hardest fight for us anymore

vs DK
    Here is charge in, retaliation up drop a rend and ms. Go defensive stance and disarm him. They dodge a lot generally so overpower lights up like a christmas tree. Hamstring him and go for another juggernaut. I dont see why wars complain so much about DK's they are nothing special v wars.
    Last edited by Kaumu; 05-20-2009 at 11:55 PM.

I know it depends on the situation, but wouldn't the basic starter be charge -> hamstring -> rend -> MS?

If you MS before rend, you have a chance of rending the target when they're below 75% hp, making you lose out on the 35% extra bleed damage. Plus, you can time MS to go right before a TfB overpower for huge burst.

Pummel is still pretty important. Both in putting healers behind and stopping mana burns and CC. I keep getting hung up pummeling a pallys heal, and then not being able to get to battle with enough rage to pop the bubble.

Edited original, left that one out :|

How about a charge back in to Shattering Throw?

A simple defstance+shieldswap->shield block->revenge spam will completely destroy any melee that doesn't know what he's doing. Follow up with shield wall and then a disarm for ~25 seconds of breathing room. You can do a very surprising amount of damage with revenge.

This applies to 1v1 of course, in group pvp a player that knows what you're doing will just switch to someone else when he sees you turtle up. I won a 2v1 in arena against ret+dk when they gibbed my healer and I revengespammed them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    How about a charge back in to Shattering Throw?
    My experience is, if you aren't prepared and able to shatter the bubble as soon as it goes off, you're better off target switching to reapply pressure, rather than spending another 1.5 seconds, 25 rage, then another global and damage to restart pressure on the paladin. He's already got a holy light off if you're not quick, and is topped back off ready to go. If you're quick though, you can try to get him behind and out of position on another target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    VS OTHER CLASSES
    vs Warrior

I find the initial charge is quite important, like a bar fight the one who gets the first punch in normally wins. Not as much the case but with juggernaut this is going to give u a 5-6K HP advantage.

I will charge, MS, rend, {defensive stance} disarm, demorilaze shout, {battle stance} OP when he dodges, keep rend up, MS, fear, charge in again.

Conclusion: Timing with abilities is everything, you are trying to outplay, outsmart a mirror of yourself (abilities wise)
    Hi.

I dont share that.

There are a lot of tactics to win against other warrior.}

I know one in particular called Alekzandir, he is really PRO, I've never won against him.

When he is almost 30% of life he use a "regen tactic" using enrage regeneration and running away (I dont know how, he moves really well) and with second wind he pops up all his life....

Really hard to ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Cronaldo View Post
    Hi.
    When he is almost 30% of life he use a "regen tactic" using enrage regeneration and running away (I dont know how, he moves really well) and with second wind he pops up all his life....
    Sounds like magic So his enraged regeneration will regen 70%? I have my battlemaster trinket linked with my enraged regen but still that only gives about 34% health regen. Even with last stand spec he wouldn't be able to return to full health.

Versus another warrior? Keep up demo/tclap pop retaliation when he pops bladestorm then pop your bladestorm - either he takes more dmg than you or he has to run from you.

Retaliation is particularly powerful versus a rogue - if they can't get behind you they'll run if they have half a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarock View Post
    Sounds like magic So his enraged regeneration will regen 70%? I have my battlemaster trinket linked with my enraged regen but still that only gives about 34% health regen. Even with last stand spec he wouldn't be able to return to full health..
    Dont forget to pop up ur Comanding shout before battle master.

Comanding Shout
    Battle Master
    Enrage Regeneration

and if you know how to move ur toon, you can benefit a lot of your second wind (evertime you get charged or intercepted)

Quote Originally Posted by Cronaldo View Post
    Rocket boots?

Anyways, once he gets away and starts healing him, you charge/intercept after him, he'll start healing again... and when you land the MS crit he'll heal yet again lol. It's an interesting situation, but you gotta just wear him down. And if he's using ER and running away, you can do it... or save it for later. Worst case scenario you two reset the fight on even ground.

ACtually. what he did teach me is

"if you wants to charge and intercept a warrior you have to do it really quick before second wind ends, if second winds (caused by charge) ends, intercept will trigger it again, but if you do it in less than 6 seconds, second wind will not trigger twice"

I know is really hard to believe, but You have to see him.

(No he is not engineer)

+ Reply to Thread