Thread: Stats General Vezax

Stats General Vezax

Would using an Avoidance set or EH set be more beneficial for this encounter?

Also would a glyphed shield wall be enough to counter Surge of Darkness in 25man or 40% reduction is not enough? I have no issues kiting him however being able to avoid kiting every other surge would proved a threat boost over the casters.

Going to start a flame war on that question..

In my opinion, while learning the fight, its better for you to be able to take 2 hits from Vezax and live...imo that likely means EH.

Yes, alternating shield-wall and last stand (with harder heals/hand of sac) makes it doable every minute. Last stand coupled with GS (will be off CD in time) is plenty as well...larger HP and stronger heals is great.

Not kiting the surge amplifies your DPS and steadies the fight, makes it much easiar in my opinion. I have not yet tanked 10man, but I'm going to try and not kite tonight.

That's a tossup fight.

EH is better in the sense that it provides a buffer, and it's possible to reach a point where you can eat two enraged hits without heals, which greatly eases the fight.

Avoidance works though, because your healers can actively save mana when you're avoiding incoming attacks, since his attack speed is so slow.

Glyph of Shield Wall is good for sure. Add Glyph of Last Stand and you can stay stationary.

For as hard as he hits, 2-3 avoided hits in a row and you will quickly find yourself raged starved. Then you get hit 2-3 times in a row and you have 100 rage from each hit and do not know what to do with it all, till you avoid another 2-3 attacks in a row.

If you are going the avoidance route rage management is going to be a large part of the fight for you (as what i described happens to me quite often while gearing for EH on both my warrior and druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    That's a tossup fight.

EH is better in the sense that it provides a buffer, and it's possible to reach a point where you can eat two enraged hits without heals, which greatly eases the fight.

Avoidance works though, because your healers can actively save mana when you're avoiding incoming attacks, since his attack speed is so slow.

Glyph of Shield Wall is good for sure. Add Glyph of Last Stand and you can stay stationary.
    Even in 25man?

Disclaimer: I've only tanked General during one raid lockout so I don't have a wealth of experience to claim. I did him more on 10 man.

With 2/2 spiritual attunement and wearing max stamina gear I was probably around 50% avoidance (~45k health). There were about 3 times during the fight that my mana was low and I had to stop consecrating.

If I were to switch to my avoidance gear I'd have had 10% more avoidance (~42k health). I'm not sure what the impact would be in terms of mana but I can tell you that I've seen enough to know that I prefer stam for this fight on 25 as well as 10. In addition to producing more threat while gearing for stam, with the amount of movement and vapor worries that healers have, I rather like the large health pool.