+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Juggernaut & Glyph nerfs running on PTR

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    103

    Juggernaut & Glyph nerfs running on PTR

    So juggernaut will no longer be 100% crit chance, only 25% now.

    Glyph of Rapid charge will reduce the cd by only 7% and not 20%. Will these go live? If so do you think this is going to take off the edge that Arms warriors have currently.

    This is strictly PVP related.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    168
    The glyph change isn't that bad, since you'll just replace it with another major glyph.

    The crit chance reduction does suck, but I guess it'll weed out all the warriors who simply charge and spam MS.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    189
    The servers aren't back up yet but supposively 3.12 is going live today which includes these changes. I was hoping they would save this change until they buffed warrior dps. They should make rapid charge a minor glyph (or delete it) one second is a joke.

    So what glyph will you be using for your arms pvp build? I think I'll be using mortal strike/bladestorm/rend for 2s and swap out rend for sweeping strikes for 3s and 5s.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    226
    I use MS, hamstring and rapid charge right now, debating between rend bladestorm and sweeping strikes to replace charge. To be honest i rarely use bladstorm twice a game and i doubt the reduced CD would make me use it more. Rend is nice as it gives me 4 extra gcd's before i have to reapply and SS will be nice in 5's for charge -> SS -> bladestorm. I aggree with Yarocks idea of ss for 5's and rending for 3's though.. i'll probs end up settling for rend as i play 3's more often than 5's.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    213
    I use MS, Hamstring, Rapid Charge pre patch. I think I'll go with MS, HamS, and BS for 2s. Having my get out of the way button sooner is always a good thing I feel. But SS does sound really good right now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    103
    So most of us in pvp gear will be running in the region of 25%+ crit chance coupled with juggernaut's 25% so a accumulative 50%. I guess its not going to destroy us as we will still have a 1/2 chance of critting.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49
    The reason for this change is really simple, casters are complaining about warrs. charge b/c warrs are not as easily to pwn, or easily to kill as they use to be, i know i hear alot of casters complaining about it in BG rants about warrs charging to much and causing the 1.5 sec. stun. and they jst can't seem to get away from them.

    For a pvp prot. warr. this is/was the single most edge that i had between multiple casters, im really disappointed. I want my 20% charge back.

    The crit. nerf is really not going to hurt warrs. crit @ all, it'll still deliver a crit. in bg almost everytime anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    189
    After reading GC's most recent posts on warriors it sounds like he'll be back for another pass at pvp nerfs for us.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    275
    I'm not sure that it'll be strictly warrior nerfs. I think their problem is melee in general give ranged classes a hard time while properly supported with CC dispels, or counter CC from a druid.

    Warriors without defensive dispels can be a pretty frustrating CC fest. The balance problem is that even at 900 resilience, people can be easily gibbed inside of one CC from the burst classes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    103
    So new patch is live on the server, didnt feel like too big a difference. Juggernaut is critting half of the time so all good. Its the Charge Glyph that will take some getting used to.

    Found my self being kited a little bit more last night. Me and another war still managed to get in the top 3 for a bg or two.

    The first half of the bg, first 5 places went to ret paladins. But once we found our feet we put on the hurt again.

    If Juggernaut doesnt crit, im finding mages to be a slight problem again. Not impossible just a bit more hindrance.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts