+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Divine Plea bug

Divine Plea bug

I'm a prot pally and my Guarded by the Light talent does not work. In short, despite my talent selection, Divine Plea does not reset every time I hit in combat. Any advice on how to overcome this apparent bug?

Xu

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who misunderstood the talent when I first read it, so let me ask what may be a stupid question:

You do realize that it resets the remaining time of an existing Divine Plea buff to 15 seconds, not the CD of the spell, right? You punch it once and as long as you keep hitting things it never drops off.

If the buff is really dropping, then either you have the talent display bug that people started encountering after 3.1 - where it shows you as having talents that you do not, or you have encountered a legitimate bug. Ticket a GM for the former, post in the bug report forum for the latter.

As karatheya said, you probably misunderstood the description: everytime you hit something with a melee hit, the duration of the buff gets reset to 15 seconds, but the cooldown isn't affected.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

You were both absolutely correct. Thank you for pointing that out and thank you especially for doing so without being condescending or insulting about my oversight. It's folks like you that make this forum so good.

Xu

+ Reply to Thread