+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost the Holy plot

Lost the Holy plot

Up to the spirit-regen-nerfing patch, I think I pretty much had holy healing down to a T.

After the patch I think I completely lost the plot. I'm not blonde irl, but I sure feel like one now and have trouble focusing on gear/spec and how to heal! I know I should replace the egg, so don't shout at me for that

Now I'm running out mana and my heals feel like watered down dribbles.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Any thoughts?
    http://divinedge.wowstead.com
    We are currently recruiting..

Gem for Int over Spirit and and mp5. If you're a JCer make the blue trinket and throw two Brilliant gems in it. If you're having trouble with mana always look to increase Int (due to its scaling with Replenishment) over anything else. Armory is down, but if you're fully geared to enter Ulduar you should have somewhere around 21000-22000 mana unbuffed. You will see a remarkable difference.

Thank you for the reply, Lilie. Isn't Replishmnet for Shamans?

I'm Holy Priest.
    http://divinedge.wowstead.com
    We are currently recruiting..

Quote Originally Posted by Acheronia View Post
    Thank you for the reply, Lilie. Isn't Replishmnet for Shamans?

I'm Holy Priest.
    Replenishment is a regen effect that is given to raid members by hunters, ret pallies and shadow priest. (Possibly by more classes, not 100% sure), you should be having it constantly in all raid situations.

Int and spirit scale together, so int will increase your spirit-based regen as well, and in addition to that it'll grant you some crit (so your holy concentration and surge of light proc more often.)

Concerning mana regen, as the others have suggested gem for INT (since it increases your maximum mana pool, which means you'll get more mana from Replenishment since it's based on a percentage of your maximum mana). I would also advise on building up a little more crit so you can get more out of Holy Concentration.

Major Glyphs - I suggest Glyph of Flash Heal, Guardian Spirit and Circle of Healing. Your Minor Glyphs are fine.

Talents - I can guess that you use Renew to some extent. If you feel like you need points in other areas you can take two points out of Empowered Renew (some priests have 1/3 Empowered Renew just for the initial heal which can crit and proc Holy Concentration) and put them elsewhere. But this is purely a matter of preference and playstyle.

Gearwise, try and replace the PvP pieces and the stuff with hit rating on them.

I haven't actually played 3.1 Holy so I can't advise much on the 'What to do' part. However do take advantage of Serendipity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
    Gem for Int over Spirit and and mp5. If you're a JCer make the blue trinket and throw two Brilliant gems in it. If you're having trouble with mana always look to increase Int (due to its scaling with Replenishment) over anything else. Armory is down, but if you're fully geared to enter Ulduar you should have somewhere around 21000-22000 mana unbuffed. You will see a remarkable difference.
    I'm raiding Ulduar with less than 19K unbuffed, it's more than enough. 16.6K seems a bit low though. To the OP: stop wearing hit items :O Hit does nothing for heals. Same for resilience, you don't need res for PVE. Change those gear pieces. I understand that if you had BAD blue items before you got those hit stuff, these could be an upgrade, but still try to change them asap.
    Try to get a headpiece with meta slot and put an insightful earthsiege diamond in it.

Your crit and haste are a bit low, but you should be able to heal every encounter pre-Ulduar very fine. I don't know what could be wrong, I've healed all Naxx25 and topped the charts with MUCH worse gear, against fully epicced people. (I had 1600ish spellpower unbuffed and such things) Priests are powerful raid healers, you should be healing the raid whenever it's possible.

Holy talents look fine, altough I would not spec so deep into these renew things, but would definetly take test of faith.
    Your shadow spec looks like a pvp spec, so I don't comment on it.

I am in the same boat.
    My questions are:
    Should we be gearing for spirit and gemming for int/crit?
    How does the DMC: Greatness (spirit) stack up to other trinkets? Is it worth stacking that much spirit and spending all that gold to create. Or should I just buyout a Je’Tze’s Bell and call it a day? (I will not be going back to Naxx25 since my guild is done farming that content…)

The World of Warcraft Armory
    I apologize if I show up in my bunny outfit O_o
    I use this gear for both Disc and Holy (Main). I have also replaced my belt with Cord of the White Dawn XD

Here is a little of what I picked up for EJ’s priest forum on gearing for Ulduar.
    Elists Jerks:
    Rules of Thumb for Holy
    Stack haste up to 12-14%. Think hard about whether you need more than that, given raid buffs and talents.
    Pick up as much intellect as you can. It's always valuable.
    Spellpower is always good.
    11 spirit = 4 Mp5, ignoring spellpower gains entirely. Given spellpower gains, a 2:1 ratio is acceptable.
    Crit is always valuable, although less so once you break 30% raid-buffed (diminishing returns on ilvl points spent).
    Rough goals for the start of Ulduar.25 are to have 2800 spellpower, 26-28% crit, and 12% haste, along with ~ 500 Mp5 I5SR fully raid-buffed.
    Rules of Thumb for Disc
    Pick up haste up to ~ 11% (hard-cap). Absolutely do not stack more.
    Spellpower is always good, especially since you don't have Spiritual Guidance scaling your levels.
    Pick up as much intellect as possible.
    11 spirit = 4 Mp5, with no spellpower gains.
    Rough goals for the start of Ulduar.25 are to have 2500 spellpower, 35% crit, and 8% haste, along with ~ 500 Mp5 I5SR fully raid-buffed.
    Basically, though, if you see a cloth item (or a ring/neck/etc) in Ulduar, and you are concerned about its value for Disc, take the amount of spirit on it and multiply by 4/11 to get the equivalent amount of Mp5. It works out that 50 spirit = 18 Mp5, as a baseline.
    For spirit and Holy priests, you gain no more regen from a single point of spirit (in fact, slightly less due to the extra 1% scaling in the Disc tree), but you gain a tremendous amount of spellpower. The ratio remains 11:4 for regen, but for every 11 points of spirit you gain, you also gain 2.75 spellpower. Note that "gain" here is used in the overall, after buffs, sense. So for a holy priest, if you have an item with 50 spirit vs an item with 18 Mp5, the 50 spirit gains you an extra 14 spellpower, a nice buff and enough reason to choose the item.

+ Reply to Thread