+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stone Grip and Slag Pot

Stone Grip and Slag Pot

I know on Kologarn a healer can set up grid to show Stone Grip as a debuff making us faster to heal those who'll soon need it, but I was wondering if the same was true of Ignis's Slag Pot. I'd really appreciate if someone who knew could give me a heads up.

DBM isn't enough?
    Raiss ~ Holy Paladin @ Gurubashi Horde.
    Chosen Man.

Mostly I am curious, and looking for something to help out a couple healers in my guild who are a bit slow on the pick up. Aside from that I have always appreciated a little redundancy in my UI just to make sure I don't miss anything important.

The code of BigWigs for Ignis fires its warning by looking for a debuff:

self:AddCombatListener("SPELL_AURA_APPLIED", "SlagPot", 62717, 63477)

If you search wowhead for "Slag Pot", you'll find three uncategorized spells:

slag pot - Wowhead Search

It looks like the first one is the ability Ignis uses (65328) and the other two are the debuffs applied to the target in normal or heroic mode, as their spell IDs match the numbers in the line of code above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabela View Post
    I know on Kologarn a healer can set up grid to show Stone Grip as a debuff making us faster to heal those who'll soon need it, but I was wondering if the same was true of Ignis's Slag Pot. I'd really appreciate if someone who knew could give me a heads up.
    Yep you can add "Slag Pot" as a debuff in Grid.

Works the same as Stone Grip - having the debuffs show on Grid is the clearest way of showing who has the debufs that I have come across.
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Thanks guys, working great.

I thought Id post and share an addon for Grid Ive used forever:

GridStatusRaidDebuff - Addons - Curse

What this does is create a new status for the various raid debuffs you need to be aware of on people. You can select/deselect debuffs you dont care about but so far I have not come across any not recognized.

You still need to select where to display this new indicator (I use the center icon with highest priority).

Beats adding one offs manually and much easier to pass around to other healers who use grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    I thought Id post and share an addon for Grid Ive used forever:

GridStatusRaidDebuff - Addons - Curse

What this does is create a new status for the various raid debuffs you need to be aware of on people. You can select/deselect debuffs you dont care about but so far I have not come across any not recognized.

You still need to select where to display this new indicator (I use the center icon with highest priority).

Beats adding one offs manually and much easier to pass around to other healers who use grid.
    I was wondering about this addon - I installed it and enabled / disabled a few debuffs in the list, but none of them ever display on my Grid - Is there something I'm doing wrong?

"You still need to select where to display this new indicator (I use the center icon with highest priority)."

I don't quite see where I could select that, maybe I'm just blind...

Thanks for any help.

Edit:
    Nevermind, I think I just found it.
    Will see on the next raid :P

Sorry for the useless post in this case xD
    Last edited by Xcuse; 06-01-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: found it!

For us, DBM marks the slag potted and stone gripped people.

Quote Originally Posted by johnandre93 View Post
    For us, DBM marks the slag potted and stone gripped people.

This.
    I personally prefer Pitbull + cliq to heal. I used to be a big fan of healbot but I like the graphics and visuals pitbull gives. I couldn't stand grid, all the different marks for buffs, debuffs auras etc. etc. reminded me of old coleco games.
    If you use pitbull DBM puts a skull on the raid frame of the person who is slagged. It also puts raid marks on on the people who are gripped (ie: skull, x, square or whatever the marks are after x) This comes in VERY handy for mimiron where as a raid healer, the tank gets the skull when he is being plasma blasted in phase 1 so I know when to help heal or use GS if he is waiting on a cool down. But it also marks the raid members who get napalm stike with X so I know immediatley who to heal. This is very important as anyone who has healed this fight knows, since time is of the essence here.
    Granted pit bull frame placement takes significantly longer to set up than Grid or Healbot. You have to get your spacing and everyting right but once you do it is worth its virtual weight in virtual gold.

I'll post a SS of my UI when i get home so you get an Idea of what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    Edit:
    Nevermind, I think I just found it.
    Will see on the next raid :P

Sorry for the useless post in this case xD
    Actually all that happened when I "found" that was that the people's names disappear as soon as they take damage and you only see the healthbar without a name.

Any help on finding the correct option? Where is it and how is it named?

... Yes I do feel a little bit retarded right now =)

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    ... Yes I do feel a little bit retarded right now =)
    Don't. I haven't found this out myselves so you are not alone

- edit -
    Ok, got an explanation today and it's really quite simple I think.

Start off with typing /grid config

Status -> Auras -> Add new debuff -> type name of the debuff and press enter
    Find the debuff you are making in the Auras-list and make sure it's enabled and find a color you like, also make sure to press the + symbol and check that are classes are enabled.

Go up in the menu to Frame -> Center icon (for instance) and enable the debuff.

I think this should work, apologizes if I didn't explain myself clearly enough.
    Last edited by Gretchin; 06-03-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

Yea I got that now so it's at least showing that... but isn't that pretty much manually adding it? Which the addon should be avoiding? :P

Anyways, thanks for your help.

That is the way to add a debuff manually, good to know since you might want to customize GRID at some point in the future. In the meantime you go to curse.com, find the addon that automatically adds boss-debuffs to grid - for some reason I can't remember what it's called! I'll post as soon as I get to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard View Post
    That is the way to add a debuff manually, good to know since you might want to customize GRID at some point in the future. In the meantime you go to curse.com, find the addon that automatically adds boss-debuffs to grid - for some reason I can't remember what it's called! I'll post as soon as I get to check it.
    Could it be GridBossDebuffs?
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchin View Post
    Could it be GridBossDebuffs?
    What he said

+ Reply to Thread