+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior,Precision talent... really worth it ?

Fury warrior,Precision talent... really worth it ?

Since I've switch from prot to fury (about 1 month ago)
    I come here everyday to read opinions, look at suggestions, read posts
    on Fury warrior struggling to put out decent DPS like me etc...

One thing I've seen alot here, especially when people comment on spec/stats of others who seeks for advices, is: "your a bit high on hit rating" and EVERY Fury spec tree proposition I've seen so far have Precision maxed in it.

AFAIK furry warrior need 8% hit which is 264HR, or 164HR if you have precision.

Soft hit cap without precision seems to be something relatively easy to
    reach with Heroic intances, 10man raid and crafting gear:
    (Titansteel destroyer, T7 gears, staggering legplates etc...)

I'm not really into 25man content and Ulduar yet, maybe with this next level of gear the cap is a bit more difficult to reach because of other stats like ArP.

Till then, is there something wrong to put those 3 points somewhere else like Improved cleave which i use a lot (instead of heroic strike) in multiple trash pull.

Thanks

The thing with hit as fury is that you can't have enough of it until you hit the hard cap (24%).

Precision is valuable for early raiders because it means that their hit soft cap is 5% (164) and it allows them to stack less hit gems on their gear. The reason we say that they have too much hit is because, at this point in the game, they should focus much more heavily on gemming for other stats (and most don't realize that they have already maxxed their hit because Precision doesn't appear on their Melee Stats readout).

The thing is though, after you buff up more important stats (Str, Crit, Expertise, etc) hit is still valuable.

If your gear puts you up to the hit cap already without gems than taking Precision is still ideal because it gives you more hit. Considering the fact that fury dps relies heavily on white swings (which have a chance to miss until you have 24%/789 hit I believe) there isn't really a time when Precision becomes useless.

Chances are, you won't ever max out Hit, but Precision helps you to get closer and gives you a greater chance not to miss.

Unless you can reach 24% without Precision DON'T ever take talents out of it. It is one of the most valuable talents that you have.

Dont spec for what you do on trash, spec what helps on bosses

Was it not generally considered that you need to get enough hit so that you are never waiting for rage? I know for me while I was fury that was in the 200 hit rating range counting precision. But granted the better your gear the more rage you get from your white attacks so I'm sure I might of needed less.

Groolsh,

Just because a Fury Warrior is capped hit for specials doesn't mean more Hit rating is bad, it just means it's not as important compared to other stats. More hit means your white attacks (auto attacks) hit more, which means more Rage, which you can turn into more damage via Heroic Strikes (or just smoothing out your rotation so you don't miss any opportunities).

Thanks

Thanks everyone
    for the tips and advices

+ Reply to Thread