+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T7.5 vs Hateful Gear

T7.5 vs Hateful Gear

Are the marginal amounts of extra HP and resilience worth the huge loss in DPS stats?

I currently have around 420 resil, and want to mainly play 2v2 arena.

I'm just afraid I'll start hitting like a wet noodle even with the added survivability, and the nerf to juggernaut doesn't help either.
    Last edited by Genome852; 05-12-2009 at 02:49 PM.

I pvp as prot, but I use T7.5 DPS legs and T8.5 DPS gloves instead of hateful equivalents. I find them to be at least the same if not better. But my defensive cooldowns may be interfering with my perception here.

when you get to higher brackets in pvp, 420 resil won't help you, it doesn't matter if you can burst things down, the fact that your opponents will be in 800+ resil means you will probably not be able to burst them down, and they'll gib you instantly. As a warrior your survivability outside of being protection spec is arguably the worst amongst all classes. You need to make up for this. Believe me, once you can survive the burst, that is when the warrior class shines, outlasting, outplaying, and taking opportunity of your enemies mistakes.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Under 500 resilience doesn't mean much, whether it be in arena, battlegrounds or Wintergrasp at level 80. The sad thing is that only having that level of resilience only works for the really low level arena teams where you will be able to faceroll any other teams if you have badged or grinded WG to get the gear because most low level teams don't have that good of PvP gear. I have 480 with 4/5 Hateful set as well as the belt, bracers and neckpiece for Retribution and really the only item that is better or equivalent to raid gear is the belt, which I still need to pick up as well as the pants, but even then my AP would still be at about 4k and I am at 4.1k with my PvE gear on and it's all T7.5 level, a full Hateful set plus one of the rings will probably give me equivalent AP overall though and about 600 resilience and I don't even have a good arena rating, I just mainly do WG for honor and farm it up since it's fun.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

I'm shocked to see that you're running such low resil and you made it to 2k rating.

I don't think he said he had a 2k rating w/ sub 500 resil? Veryl is close to 2k but he's prot spec in arena (which by itself is pretty sweet).

being prot means you have more leeway in your resil anyways.

It does, but even since this thread started I've come to realize that resil is still pretty important. I'm trying to figure out how to get my own resil up right now... might take a few furious pieces.. or I'm considering grabbing some cheap deadly pieces. At any rate the reduction in Dot damage is still something that resil offers to prot, and magic defense as well.

Resil gives you a bit more leeway when it comes to waiting out burst before shield walling or trinketting as well. For Arms warriors I can't help but think that resil is your best friend.... any team that is healer + arms, arms is the weakest link in the comp. You WANT your healer to be a very hard target while at the same time being as hard to kill while they're CC'd as humanly possible.

I started doing prot pvp a while ago in straight naxx gear basically. As i have went along i have upped my resiliance and started to do some arena's. I still say resiliance is king for pvp. My survivability against castors have went up three fold. I never had an issue with melee. You do sacrifice the 6k shield slam of death which where nice :P.. but in return you do get quite a bit more survivabily i feel

I want to keep the 7.5 2 piece bonus for slam dmg.. but other then that everything is going to be replaced with resiliance.

I have had semi success in 3v3 getting up to around 1700. Thats where we tend to top out at.

In my protection gear I'm running around 250 resilience, the rest is tanking gear, and I've made it all the way up to 2088 rating with it (easy battlegroup at that time though), now I've moved to cyclone(eu) and we're kinda stuck at 1900 rating, but I hardly ever see my lack of resi as a problem except when facing rets. In fact I played 3v3 as well today (Feral druid + Frost DK + Protection me) and we kinda easily made it to 1700 rating (many fights lasting less than 20 seconds).

For an arms warrior resilience is the way to go though, the situations where we kill the enemy is mostly based on our class abilities rather than them doing 100-200 more damage when we use them, it's about having the freedom to time them right... a good team would notice that you're running pvp gear and force you in defensive stance and shield, and then you kind of lost the bonus that you gained by using pve gear.

An arms warrior should probably run around 700 resilience, you can use a few pieces of pve gear if you like, but it's not going to change much.

Nonetheless good luck in your arenas

+ Reply to Thread