+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unbalanced avoidance...

Unbalanced avoidance...

Here's my armory link, should anyone feel curious about why I'm asking this:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Now, here's my question: After scanning atlasloot for a while, drooling over what I have to look forward to as I start to progress into raids and such, I couldn't help but notice how nearly every piece of tank plate has parry and dodge. Now, I understand that parry and dodge are the most important means of avoidance for any tank, but I hear it's not so great to stack dodge/parry (or perhaps just that stacking parry is bad). In addition, as a pally, blocking plays a large role for me, but there is very little gear out there with block value/rating stats on them.

Of course, being as inexperienced as I am, my assumptions are likely incorrect, but I would like to get some feedback on this.

Stacking parry atleast in regards to Gems and enchants, I would agree, its bad because of the DR. But if it comes on gear, theres no avoiding it and its a welcomed stat. There is a difference between getting it from gear and stacking it. The wicked DR on parry makes it less desireable to stack as apposed to STR or STAM which gives you more of a benifit, even Dodge gives more point for point than Parry. As for the pally thing... DKS RULE!

The reason you dont see much gear at the raid level with block, is blocking just isnt worth it when your dealing with the high damage output of the raid bosses.

Blocking 2-3k of a 25k hit isnt ideally what you would want to do... instead you would rather dodge or parry it. So instead of taking a 23k hit you take 0 damage instead.

Block still has a role in fast hitting low damage mobs, or on trash/heroics, where the damage output of the mobs isnt as high.

Now as far as not wanting to stack dodge/parry, you will hear that as far as Geming goes because for progression it is almost always better to stack stamina instead. Also there is DR... that basicly means the more of a avoidance stat you have, the less of an increase each rating point will give you. Parry DR hits a lot quicker than dodge DR, and parry requires you to have more rating per % in the first place. Thats why you will hear people say never ever gem for parry.

Thanks

I see what you're talking about, it just feels wierd to have my block chance at about 12% and dodge and parry over 5% higher. Maybe I'm just being OCD and want the numbers to be a little closer or something, even though I know that doesn't make much sense. Thanks for the feedback!

+ Reply to Thread