+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what a good prof for tanks

Actually the epic gems are already available, the Stormjewels, and are unique equip (1).

Yes, i was talking about when the regular Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft gem is avaliable so you can put epic gems in all slots not just one socket

Quote Originally Posted by VikingKong View Post
    I didn't mean benefit of convenience. There aren't any other professions besides those three (and maybe Leatherworking) that help you improve your gear.

Who really cares if you get cheaper potions, glyphs, or enchants? You can get them without having that profession. Only Blacksmiths can socket their own gear, many of the late Engineer epics are only useable by engineers, and only JCs have access to better gems than the rest of players. (It's hard to make a case for Inscription when it really only offers 1 shoulder enchant).

That is why those three are more important to tanks than the variety of other professions that do little besides save gold or offer a bit of convenience that isn't necessary.
    No, they don't just offer convenience, they offer tanking benefits, take a look at them again. And no, BS hasn't always been the best choice for tanks. In vanilla, professions didn't matter since none really had an edge. In TBC, the best was Enchanting/Engeneering for the ring enchants and helm which was comparable to T6 (can't remember right now if it was better or not, but I'm pretty sure itwas better for Paladins at least). BS has been crap until wotlk, and so has JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    No, they don't just offer convenience, they offer tanking benefits, take a look at them again. And no, BS hasn't always been the best choice for tanks. In vanilla, professions didn't matter since none really had an edge. In TBC, the best was Enchanting/Engeneering for the ring enchants and helm which was comparable to T6 (can't remember right now if it was better or not, but I'm pretty sure itwas better for Paladins at least). BS has been crap until wotlk, and so has JC.
    And, as of now, BS/JC/Eng offer more tanking benefits than the other professions do and, assuming that Blizzard is going to add more to the professions (like they always do), it's likely that BS and JC especially are going to get more tanking benefits (Engineering is a wild card).

Talents didnt matter much in Vanilla Wow but dungeons did drop Epic Level BS recipes that tanks could use, making it more useful than every other profession at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingKong View Post
    And, as of now, BS/JC/Eng offer more tanking benefits than the other professions do and, assuming that Blizzard is going to add more to the professions (like they always do), it's likely that BS and JC especially are going to get more tanking benefits (Engineering is a wild card).

Talents didnt matter much in Vanilla Wow but dungeons did drop Epic Level BS recipes that tanks could use, making it more useful than every other profession at the time.
    Yes, I know as of now, BS/JC offers the best tanking benefits, I said so in my first post. But like I said before, you telling people that other professions offer no real tanking benefit is misinformed. And since the "best" profession changes every patch, its equally misinformed to claim that BS/JC has always been the best combo.

Should Blizzard add to professions, then they'll add to all professions, which means all of them (except for skinning/herb/tailoring) will see an increase in tanking benefits. Which combo will be the best for min/maxing when they do that, no one knows.

And in vanilla, the drops were better than the recipes.
    Last edited by Cookie; 05-11-2009 at 09:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread