+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Hit Cap

PVP Hit Cap

So it's 5%...

Yet I'm still missing a ton of white and yellow hits? This is against people that don't have +def items. I'm not DWing either.

O_o

There is a certain chance to miss built into each character that cannot be completely capped. The pvp hit cap is 5% and anything more then that will no longer increase your chance to hit. The other player will always have a 5% miss chance (im pretty sure thats correct, please let me know if that is off).
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    There is a certain chance to miss built into each character that cannot be completely capped. The pvp hit cap is 5% and anything more then that will no longer increase your chance to hit. The other player will always have a 5% miss chance (im pretty sure thats correct, please let me know if that is off).
    Um no, but some classes/races have increased levels of miss. Nelfs have 2% increase to miss IIRC. Also other races have a school of magic that they have a higher built in miss. Also let's not forget about abilities that increase the players ability to not be hit.

If you're 5%, you'll be capped against any class/race that doesn't have racials/spells/talents that increase the chance that someone will miss them.

Here is a good thread to read over for more information:

PvP Miss % - Elitist Jerks
    Last edited by Bloodwraith; 05-10-2009 at 02:32 PM.

I aim for ~6% in PvP gear.

Sadly sometimes that's just...not possible.

Kinda wish I got the +hit neck instead of the +crit one :/

The fact that resilience only affects crits doesn't help either. Meh.

You shouldn't stack crit in hardcore pvp(arena) because you won't crit them anyways...well that much because of resilience. so Hit cap wouldn't be that hard to get I.E. gems and such.

+ Reply to Thread