+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Major Major Treat problems

Major Major Treat problems

Okey Ive been searching around this forum for days now without finding anything that really helps me with my issue.

The last few weeks since we entered Ulduar25man Ive been in really hard situations treatwise. In nax 25man malygos etc i used to push out about 6-8k+++ tps constant. Atm ihave between 4-6k tps sometimes it spikes and thats when i crit with shieldslam or concusion blow but when i dont it just seems to get lower and lower.

The treat rotation i usually use is SS+SB>HS>Rev>HS>CB>HS>SW
    And theres probably some devastates inbetween aswell.

Anyway usually i have really hard times trying even to get higher then 6k tps. I know that im a stamina gemmed warrior mostly right now, but i still got some pretty nice hit and expertise pieces wich allow me to get 238 hit combined with 26 exp.

Current specc have 3more block% i use to have the focused rage instead.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Anyone else having these issues. Or know how to solve it, cus its really tearing me apart with happy dpsers in guild that wanna put out more.

I suspect that mobs in Ulduar have more armor than Naxx/Maly did. I NEVER do as much damage in Ulduar as I did in Naxx 25. Anyone know if this is true?

I've noticed conversely, that on Emalon 25 man, I do quite a bit of damage still, usually around 2k dps when main tanking.

I've noticed a bit of a drop too, even with my same old Deep Wounds build and better gear. I too only have very slightly less hit and expertise than I did before stacking stamina.

Are you guys comparing your damage with BoSanc pre-3.1 to your current damage? I suspect you guys haven't gone back to Naxx post-3.1 to get a dps baseline.

@OP - Focused Rage is one of our best dps talents. It's a pretty big thing to drop, unfortunately I don't have the numbers for you to tell you were it ranks, but I'd venture it's close to #1 (sorry I shouldn't say that without numbers to back me up).
    Last edited by Muffin Man; 05-07-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo

I've done Naxx 25 a time or two since. My damage was higher than prior to the 3.1 patch, so I don't feel as though Rage is the problem.

That said, there ARE times in Ulduar when I drain my Rage and starve for a bit with the normal rotation of abilities: SS>Rev -> Conc -> Dev (if no other GDC) + HS (down to 50 rage).

The slower, big hitting fights don't really help out us rage types when we get a nice streak of avoidance.

You're probably getting shielded a lot more now too. Sure the shield breaks instantly, but even a little shielding will lower your rage intake, especially if it's constantly up.

Yeah might be true.. but i mean its pretty hard when u got some dpsers down behind ya wanting to go past your limits. i mean i actually get overaggroed sometimes due me making less tps then what the dps does. but thats mainly the happy mages who dont wanna stop dps, i mean its not sartharion 3d anymore. i cant pump that tps anymore, simply but no. and ive even refused sort of to tank vezax due to that i think i will loose him during the kiting.

Swapped back to focused rage thou. but am i fine with around 7% hit and roughly 8% expertise?

Well that's the ballpark I aim for in my gear. I think a lot of the dps in my guild sucks or something, there's only a few people who ever come close to pulling off me and I know who of those to vigilance. (Our frost DK pulls 4k easy)

Om nom nom nom treats

I have felt like my threat and rage are lower but its not game breaking. I still hold agro so it isn't worth worrying about.

Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

+ Reply to Thread