+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Hate the Official WoW Boards :/

I Hate the Official WoW Boards :/

I usually lurk on the Warrior boards, but can't post there since I don't play on the US servers.

The idiocy there really blows my mind.

Every time a player posts a topic asking for advice, certain people come in, completely derail the thread, and basically tell the OP to GTFO. I haven't seen a single thread where these people actually give helpful advice. Anyone who frequents those boards will know what I'm talking about.

Now, there's people with crappy gear coming in and saying "fury is fine, l2play," despite the fact that you can pull the same DPS numbers as a warrior with half the effort as another hybrid class. People who argue and have good points just get flamed until they don't post anymore.

I've always thought the whole point of the forums were to help others get better at the game... yet the WoW forums have turned into effing facebook.

/rant

More reason to stay here I guess.

well... you got it AND NOW GTFO, L2P, NOOB LOL
    just jokin

I know exactly what you mean, it's a sad thing nearly none tries to help or to give useful advice in there. but I also guess, none is really looking for some, while posting there.
    Anyway - we got our tankspot, dont we?

the problem is the moderators over on those forums don't give a F*** about how people are getting treated. I mean some of the questions I see over there I wonder how they even posted the question on the forum if they don't know the answer to the question they asked...... but everyone starts somewhere and deserves help when they need it. So I agree 100% with you about the blizz forums.

Blizzard is extremely active in moderating topics but players have to use the report function! We get a decent amount of trolls directing comments at our guild and I've yet to see a post we've reported stay around for more than a couple hours.

Not saying it's perfect or it'll cause people to give you good answers, just saying you can be part of solving one of the major annoyances of those forums.

I stand corrected then and will try to report in the future to help the process

So what should we do when we see somebody posting "lrn2read" as part of their message here? And I'm not talking about a regular user, either.

Mhoram - I have never seen an outride rude or insulting post stand on this site for more than an hour before an administrator either harshly reprimanded the poster, closed the thread, or deleted the comment alltogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatt View Post
    Mhoram - I have never seen an outride rude or insulting post stand on this site for more than an hour before an administrator either harshly reprimanded the poster, closed the thread, or deleted the comment alltogether.
    I have. Just look around and you'll find it. I don't want to say any more because I'm certain it will get me banned. But there is someone (whose name we all know) who's been throwing up "Lrn2read" as part of their posts. It's there if you look.

One thing I've learned moderating boards AND being class leader for another MMO...

If you give someone an inch of line to air their dirty laundry, they'll take a mile.

It's not the game they are fighting as much as it is a bunch of social psychology mumbo-jumbo. Humans are naturally competitive at all ages. Some, more then others. This game can be highly competitive in very unusual ways. Everyone wants to be harder, better, faster, stronger, and will 'work it' to make it as such (sorry for the coy DP reference.) Due to what I can only understand is an impuslive nature, they seem to believe that they have the right answers. Sometimes they do, most of the time - they don't. As such, 90% of the tripe on those boards is people speaking from the primitive portion of their brain (not to say they are primative, only that the thought process might be) that someone who doesn't feel the same raging-intense natural drive about pixels can only look on and shake their head.

That's why we have the benevolent leaders at tankspot and EJ and so fourth to ensure that at least there's some forebrain thought into posts. (THANK YOU!)

~Conreeaght

P.S. I only took psychology as an elective so this is a disclaimer that I could be (and probably am) completely wrong. However, I can say the man I learned most about human brain (mal)function was from the late George Carlin, of whom I have met only once. Briefly.

WoW has official boards? i always thought those were please troll me craig lists!

+ Reply to Thread