+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Tank wanna-be wants to at least off-tank Naxx10

DK Tank wanna-be wants to at least off-tank Naxx10

So, I have recently got hooked on tanking. I am a new player, haven't ever been to any raids, my only tanking experience is heroic and normal northrend dungeons. I have read in the internet that to off-tank Naxxramas you have to have at least 24k life unbuffed and be defense capped. My guild members disagree. My armory haven't been updated for more than 1 days, so I wrote my gear out by hand
    Head: Tempered Titansteel Helm (Tempered Titansteel Helm - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector (Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Gems - Blue: Solid Sky Sapphire (Solid Sky Sapphire - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Meta: Powerful Earthsiege Diamond (Powerful Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Neck: Chained Military Gorget (Chained Military Gorget - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of Reconnaissance (Pauldrons of Reconnaissance - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle (Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Back: Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions (Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - Titanweave (Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Titanweave - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Chest: Ziggurat Imprinted Chestguard (Ziggurat Imprinted Chestguard - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - None at the moment, what would you recommend?
    Wrist: Bindings of Dark Will (Bindings of Dark Will - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - Major Stamina (Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Weapon: Titansteel Destroyer (Titansteel Destroyer - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Sigil: Sigil of the Unfaltering Knight (Sigil of the Unfaltering Knight - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Hands: Gauntlets of the Water Revenant (Gauntlets of the Water Revenant - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Waist: Waistguard of Living Iron (Waistguard of Living Iron - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Sockets - Solid Sky Sapphire (Solid Sky Sapphire - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Thick Autumn's Glow
    (Thick Autumn's Glow - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Legs: Special Issue Legplates (Special Issue Legplates - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - Frosthide Leg Armor (Frosthide Leg Armor - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Socket - Solid Sky Sapphire (Solid Sky Sapphire - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Feet: Sabatons of Draconic Vigor (Sabatons of Draconic Vigor - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Enchant - +22 Stamina
    Rings: Titanium Earthguard Ring (Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Socket - Solid Sky Sapphire (Solid Sky Sapphire - Item - World of Warcraft)

Woeful Band (Woeful Band - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Trinkets: Seal of the Pantheon (Seal of the Pantheon - Item - World of Warcraft)
    Adamantine Figurine
    (Adamantine Figurine - Item - World of Warcraft)

Phew, that's all at last. My stats unbuffed and in Frost Presence are:
    Frost Spec.:
    Life: 27182
    Armor: 26151
    Defense: 565
    Defense Rating: 693
    Parry: 19.17%
    Dodge: 16.51%

Blood Spec.:
    Life: 28293
    Armor: 26151
    Defense: 565
    Defense Rating: 693
    Parry: 19.12%
    Dodge: 16.81%

So, is it good enough to off-tank Naxxramas 10? What would be my priorities when changing gear? Should I replace Adamantine Figurine as fast as possible or should some other part go? I am saving up Emblems for t7 pieces right now but I don't really know which one I should buy first. Which part of My gear neads to be replaced first: Gloves or Chest Armor?

By the way, I have Breastplate of the Solemn Council too, don't know which is better...

in my opinion your current gear is fine for off tanking naxx 10 in most situations. I'd suggest at least putting in a pretty serious effort of getting some harder situations under your belt, particularly Heroics.

If you are already at that Defense Rating I'd suggest Rune of Swordshattering over Stoneskin Gargoyle for your weapon.

Your stats are perfectly fine for 10 man Naxxramas.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to tank any boss in 10 or 25 man Naxxramas.

+ Reply to Thread