+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Ulduar Yogg-Saron

My 10man group just reached Yogg for the first time on Sunday, and it was a 3 hour long wipe-fest on phase 1. Tonight, a similar wipe-fest was occurring though we did achieve phase 2 twice out of around 40 attempts.

Our main problem was, of course, people hitting clouds. Now, as a melee, I didn't find it difficult at all to move away from them. The cloud near Sara is easy to avoid and getting out of range for the add explosions wasn't hard either: I just looked for the hole and ran through it to get out.

The problem was our ranged dps and healers. It seemed like every time I turned around, someone had hit a cloud and soon enough we were overrun. Is there a trick to learning to avoid the clouds or does it just take loads of practice?

It has been a very frustrating 2 nights for me and my team, so any help with phase 1 would be greatly appreciated.

You must know two things about the clouds, first particle density should be maxed, second the clouds have a larger range then there actual size.

We found it best to make sure to tell ranged/healers that they had to stay in a group and they had to stay on the south side of the room and that they had to stay on the edge of the water. If a cloud comes on that line then they move back out and then back in after that cloud passes. Every once in awhile there's a bad cloud conjunction and you have to run around for a bit (far out and wait and then back in), but overall that's the strategy that we've found works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivaea View Post
    My 10man group just reached Yogg for the first time on Sunday, and it was a 3 hour long wipe-fest on phase 1. Tonight, a similar wipe-fest was occurring though we did achieve phase 2 twice out of around 40 attempts.

Our main problem was, of course, people hitting clouds. Now, as a melee, I didn't find it difficult at all to move away from them. The cloud near Sara is easy to avoid and getting out of range for the add explosions wasn't hard either: I just looked for the hole and ran through it to get out.

The problem was our ranged dps and healers. It seemed like every time I turned around, someone had hit a cloud and soon enough we were overrun. Is there a trick to learning to avoid the clouds or does it just take loads of practice?

It has been a very frustrating 2 nights for me and my team, so any help with phase 1 would be greatly appreciated.
    We having problems in phase 1 aswell. Our group made out of shaman+druid+priest <--healers, dk+dk+pala - melee dps, mage hunter - ranged dps, and 2 paladin tanks. our best shot was to get sara down to about 10 pct of her hp, after 2-3 hour of whiping we called it. We did teh dodging tactic where we all move around, not the other one where u pull the adds out and in of where sara is and let them expload there. I gues we just asked for whipes this way. Most of us didnt had truble dodging the clouds, but some1 , mostly melee sooner or late made a mistake and we ended up having 3 , and from that on we whiped. Other problem we had that i have to point out is that the aoe they cast is a pain in the neck, if 2 of those hits the raid, its a whipe . Not 2 mention we sort of noticed that mages mirror image spawns adds, maybe im wrong maybe not, but thats what we noticed. So ... my question would be is the pull-adds-to-door-and-back-to-sara-at-low-health-and-let-them-die-there tactic better? we tryed that once or twice but dps couldnt controll themselfs .
    PS:we got 2 10 man teams at yogg now.

We got our guild-first 10-man Yogg-Saron kill, partially in thanks to the awesome video and strats posted on this thread. I would like to point out something that seems to have worked for us:

Several posters advise against sending a healer down into the Brain Room. We wiped multiple times trying different things - sending down 4 melee DPS; sending down 3 melee DPS instead of 4 to minimize the heals needed; sending down 3 melee DPS plus a hybrid; sending down some melee and a ranged and a hybrid - but the strategy that got us to Phase 3 twice was 3 melee, 1 healer in the Brain Room.

All our melee are normally 3k+ on boss fights, so that helped a lot. I assigned portals to all four people going down and would call out on vent before the portals came up so that everyone could be positioned before they went in. We found that the portals sometimes spawned N-S-E-W, but would sometimes be more in front of a Keeper so I made a macro to remind people which portal was theirs:

Run RIGHT - Melee 1 - West/Freya
    Run LEFT - Melee 2 - East/Etc.

That way all the Brain Room people would be coordinated and not "steal" portals from one another, and we could basically zone in simultaneously.

There's not a lot of healing that needs to be done in the Brain Room, but that allowed for our melee to go nuts DPS'ing down the tentacles and not worry at all about their health. After they go to the brain, I (as the healer down there) would pop out while they dps'ed, to help the other healers cleanse and heal in the Tentacle Room.

I don't think I can stress enough how important the Brain Room team is. Get in, get through it fast, and DPS down that brain. That is truly the strategy key to the whole fight.

well our teams have a problem in phase 2 wen the portal group go inside they always move slow very slow and we just cant figure it wy

eny ideas ?

great vidio

So as a healer I don't really need to follow any melees into yogg's brain in p2 do i?

And in p1 i just need to mind my positioning to not stand on top of a cloud?

also in p2 i just need to watch for the green eye beam.

in p3 i can just face away from yogg and just heal that way right?

tonight is going to be first time i'll be doing the last boss xD

p1 as a healer, just make sure you avoid clouds and keep everyone alive, shadow bolts will go off occasionally and the raid will take damage, likewise the tank will take a lot of damage because he has to eat the explosion of the immortal's death.

p2 someone who can offheal along with dps is probably best to take the portal, so generally no you won't go into the brain, one thing though is during phase 2, you need to avoid green beams, watch if you get brain linked, and watch out for Malady (chaining fear that causes sanity loss) and stay away from those who are Malady'd. Also keep tanks up as they'll take big hits from the crusher tentacles, and whenever the brain phase ends for those who were sent in, be ready to top them off quickly and dispel any debuffs they have on them, as the brain portals will likely open within 10 seconds of them getting back out so there isn't much time to top everyone off again.

and yes phase 3, as long as you face away from the boss, you should be free to just spam heals on everyone andmake sure no one dies, do be careful about where you stand because you want the tanks to be able to run interference on any immortals that run your way. So don't stand off to the side where a tank will have trouble picking up the adds, set up a positioning strategy for phase 3 to best utilize the brain and adds and such.

like:
    Code:
       Ranged DPS

Tanks/Healers/Melee
          Yogg Saron

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thank you for your guide......

There is no need to tank the adds on the boss anymore on 10 or 25. He is zergable by tanking the adds away from the boss and fully ignoreing them. Have been farming it for weeks like this on 10 and 25.

With zero keepers up or no?

With zero keepers and an appropriately geared raid, the fight is zergable in phase three. You should aim to bring 2 tanks and have them stack in the back. Start chaining cooldowns early and spam heal the tanks as best you can.

Mind Controlled players are usually your biggest bane, especially for players who have never done Yogg-Saron at all before.

+ Reply to Thread