+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Yogg-Saron

From what I could tell yesterday in the 10 man there's 4, basically 1 portal in front of each of the 4 NPCS if you have them helping you. We were going in with 3 dps and 1 hybrid dps (shadow priest, ret paladin, boomkin whichever we had) and the hybrid would help heal in the event people got low.

i think 30% is the transition to phase 3, we were able to consistently get him to phase 3 after 3 portal phases. using melee to take the portal.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Finally downed him in 10 man last night, we had 1 shammy healer and 3 melee dps going in the portals, got him to P3 after 2 portal phases. Heroism on first portal phase got him to about 50%
    Your ad could be here.

1% on 25man tonight, hit enrage and boom instant wipe

seems like if we get unlucky with crusher spawns or a few key portal-group people get constricted at the wrong time or we lose a healer or tank to some RNG there's just no way to recover

guessing our dps is also not really all that, it's a backwater server and we have very few people on the bench ready to come in when someone has an issue in the middle of the raid

really makes me wonder about hearing so many guilds who get to phase 3 and insta-kill him first time in p3 - especially after the nerfs?

we run with 2 MT's and a feral center tank in dps gear for p1, popping one cloud at the start
    p2 we run melee + hunters filling in + a healer into portals, pop Heroism on first brain and speed-potions on second, and try to time the beginning of p3 so a crusher is about to die or just died
    p3 we have melee on adds except for a top rogue and myself (feral dps), but we assemble in front of boss for a little more space and easier to orient - which means I have to Mangle instead of Shred, but no big deal I would think

any suggestions?

Q: with the nerfs to p1 is it worth front-loading the trouble and try to get lucky with popping two clouds at the start?
    Last edited by Coldbear; 06-17-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Keepers

Hi, i got question. We are on this boss in 10-man and we are not for hard mode, we just want to kill him normally. So we have to speak to every of 4 keepers at the start of fight? Because someone told, we have to ask them for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzos View Post
    Hi, i got question. We are on this boss in 10-man and we are not for hard mode, we just want to kill him normally. So we have to speak to every of 4 keepers at the start of fight? Because someone told, we have to ask them for help.
    Yes, you have to speak to the keepers prior to encaging if you want them helping you out during the encounter.

so how many tanks is this fight? one or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarlena View Post
    so how many tanks is this fight? one or 2?
    3 makes it easyer

if your talking normal mode, 2

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    3 makes it easyer

if your talking normal mode, 2
    sorry ment to say for 10man. is Yogg ever tanked or just the adds? i didn't see him have a melee attack.

Question: when corruptors cast curse of doom and apathy how many people can they hit with each ability? Is a single target effected? Many? We got to phase 3 for the first time last night and we're still trying to perfect our phase 2 approach. An answer to this question would help tremendously.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarlena View Post
    Yogg ever tanked or just the adds? i didn't see him have a melee attack.
    Yogg can't move and doesn't have a melee attack. Only thing he does is Lunatic Gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by agranyoch View Post
    Yogg can't move and doesn't have a melee attack. Only thing he does is Lunatic Gaze.
    thank you. i'll make sure my tanks know that.

I saw in the 25 man video that eventide went with casters on immortals and melee on Yogg. Is that pretty much the accepted way to do the fight? I have seen alot of other threads that mentioned the opposite. I am a devout ciderhelm disciple and I dont deviate from suggested strats but i was just wondering if this is how eventide still handles P3 (i.e. melee on Yogg, casters on immortals?)

Herro.

First time poster long time reader kheeh. First I wanna thank everyone for all the hard work that they've put into the site. I know I always look here first for suggestions and tips on strats etc... now to my "please helps"...

Ours is a fairly new guild and we've just now been clearing to yogg with few hiccups (mimiron gave us a bump but our strat now is fairly solid). So now here we are at yogg and we've been struggling making little progress week after week. We use 2 tanks 3 healers 2 ranged and 3 melee. We are very inconsistant getting to phase 2 (40% or so) and we always have 1 or 2 adds left over once we get there. The real hiccup comes in phase 2 however when we put our 3 melee and a healer in the portals. The outside group is having severe problems downing the tentacles outside and we wind up being overwhelmed with them by the time the portal groups comes outta the portals. Basically the whole fight is a cluster... a couple of solutions: Using 1 tank so we dont have to taunt the guys in phase 1 across the room and can just stand em in the middle the whole time. We originally decided to stand near the door so that the melee would have minimal fears of hitting a cloud. I think this would help us out in the phase2 chaosnessity. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Szantres View Post
    First time poster long time reader kheeh. First I wanna thank everyone for all the hard work that they've put into the site. I know I always look here first for suggestions and tips on strats etc... now to my "please helps"...

Ours is a fairly new guild and we've just now been clearing to yogg with few hiccups (mimiron gave us a bump but our strat now is fairly solid). So now here we are at yogg and we've been struggling making little progress week after week. We use 2 tanks 3 healers 2 ranged and 3 melee. We are very inconsistant getting to phase 2 (40% or so) and we always have 1 or 2 adds left over once we get there. The real hiccup comes in phase 2 however when we put our 3 melee and a healer in the portals. The outside group is having severe problems downing the tentacles outside and we wind up being overwhelmed with them by the time the portal groups comes outta the portals. Basically the whole fight is a cluster... a couple of solutions: Using 1 tank so we dont have to taunt the guys in phase 1 across the room and can just stand em in the middle the whole time. We originally decided to stand near the door so that the melee would have minimal fears of hitting a cloud. I think this would help us out in the phase2 chaosnessity. Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Personally I think if your going for a regular kill on Yogg on 10 man you should put 4 dps in the portal, this will do a big boost to the dps inside and will allow yogg to be stuned much more quickly, your goal really is geting him stuned in about 20 seconds, if you can achieve this it will prevent tentacles from spawning and the outside group will have plenty of time to catch up. As for a 4th dps choice if you have an elemental shaman(balance druid works too but not as effective) send them in there as a "healer" and they can also dps, I did this fight a lot as ele and doing that primarily with my mostly 25 man naxx gear I was able to two shot a tentacle via Flame Shock + Lava Burst, of course chain lightning does wonders on some visions.

As for your raid composition I would consider switching to 2 healers because it is a very easy fight to heal, damage is very minimal when the fight is done correctly. Try to get a 3rd ranged dps in this spot to keep a balance of ranged and melee of course either will do really.

If you do this you should EASILY take Yogg down, good luck on your attempts and grats in advanced on the kill.

Hey my Guild is Pushing 10 man Yog right now.

Currently We got the outside down but are having alot of issues with people going in the portal. I dont go in for me being the tank so im asking to help them.

But what do you bring in? Any reason to bring in someone over another? Should we take in a healer? If we do where should they be? How should melee Go about attacking them in there?

IT seems with sending 4 melee in they end up getting real low on health and sending a healer in seems to have LOS issues or something along those lines. So we tried 3 melee and a ele and same issue. So any ideas would be great.

Basically as much info i can get on perfecting the brain phase, this seems to be our big draw back.

The elemental shaman should be able to take out the back 3 tentacles easily by them self, it really should only take around 10 seconds or so for them to do this, after this you should have them bouncing around getting heals off on the melee when possible, it is not the easiest thing in the world, however it is possible.

Question about Phase 1

Hi guys, love the work you do here and although I am not a tank, as a healer, your stratgies are greatly appreciated. I do have a question about phase one, as it is not a topic I have seen discussed anywhere else, I am just wondering if anyone here has encountered it.

On phase one, as a resto shaman healer, I had been dropping totems beneficial to the raid and myself. As a guild, we had made it past phase one a few times, but with a lot of struggles. However, early on in our attempts last night, I noticed that when the clouds passed over where my totems were located, new adds were spawning, so my question would be, has anyone else seen this happen? If it is an intended fight mechanic, it seems rather extreme.

I suggested to our raid that I would not drop my totems and all classes with pets put them on passive stay at the entrance, and after that phase one was a cake walk, but in talking with some more experienced guilds on our server, no one else seems to have seen this occur. Has anyone else here encountered this? As a side note, yes, I am aware that according to many guides totems are not supposed to spawn adds, but these spawns were seen by several guild members, so we can confirm that adds were indeed spawning from totems. Thanks again guys, really do love the work you do here.
    Last edited by Eta; 07-28-2009 at 10:52 AM.

When I was doing this fight on 10 man this did end up happening one night so I did have to stop using them for phase 1, I have not seen it happen since and have purposely put totems in the path of a cloud and it has not spawned an add, so my conclusion on this is that it is just a random bug that happens every so often but if you see it happening consistently then your really getting unlucky in which you should stop using totems for p1.

Pets and totems don't spawn adds (at least by intention) only players do.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersix View Post
    Pets and totems don't spawn adds (at least by intention) only players do.

Yeah, I understand the intention is that they don't, I was just wondering if anyone else had actually encountered this issue. We will probably try the totems again in another fight just to see if they do cause more issues. All I know is once we left the totems up and the pets on passive at the door, the fight was very controllable.

+ Reply to Thread