+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Yogg-Saron

Got 10 man down today. For us, the biggest success factor was shifting from 3 to 2 healers, although I think practicing with 3 for a while was good experience. We also discovered that hunters can tranq shot MC'd people (as well as the enraged guardians) if you happen to be short on dispellers (or it's your dispellers MC'd).

could someone please explain "jousting" the crusher tanticles?

Do i just stay out of melee range and go in when it casts diminishing power?

Devestate and shield slam don't work? I hit it with those skills and they didn't stop the diminish power channel.

Edit: I noticed there is a cast diminish power and a channel diminish power, whats their diff? I can interupt the channeled 1 but not casted one
    Last edited by shez; 05-18-2009 at 05:45 AM.

(nm)
    Last edited by stampy; 05-18-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by shez View Post
    could someone please explain "jousting" the crusher tanticles?

Do i just stay out of melee range and go in when it casts diminishing power?

Devestate and shield slam don't work? I hit it with those skills and they didn't stop the diminish power channel.

Edit: I noticed there is a cast diminish power and a channel diminish power, whats their diff? I can interupt the channeled 1 but not casted one
    When you "joust" all you have to do is run in and do a melee attack on the tentacle and run out. A white or yellow swing will work. Make sure you do it when it's channeling and not casting (that is, the casting bar is depleting rather than filling assuming default casting bar mechanics).

If you don't wanna risk getting 1-shot, heroic throw also interrupts the channeling.

On a different note, we were grateful to be able to one-shot 10-man YS, though we came up with an unusual bug(?) at phase 2. The melee in the brain room was able to bring the brain to sub 20% and we never got a phase transition until they ran out, the induce madness was cast, and got another crusher spawn.

Illusions!

I don't get it. On the video, I clearly saw everyone, who were assigned to get
    through the portals, dealing with one room's adds.

We tried it last night. There were three of us who were assigned to take the portal but we ended up in different rooms, dealing with separate adds. I saw how the Dragonsoul was created but another one was watching Lich King torturing a champion.

How can we deal with the same adds? It's difficult to kill them alone. I never make it out without getting insane.
    Last edited by Johandres; 05-19-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Sounds like you were on the receiving end of a bug. Each particular set of portals is meant to (and always has in my experience) lead to the same particular scenario.

Got him down in 10 last night. Turning point was going from tanking guardians on the outside to tanking them on the inside and dodging the clouds while killing adds. After we managed that, we solo tanked the fight running 3 healers 1 tank 6 dps (3 melee 3 ranged) with 3 melee & myself (prot warrior) taking the 4 portals that spawned.

Just like Eventide, first P3 we hit we won. Melted the brain in ~3 portal phases (was frost DK, ret pal, prot war, fury war).

got the tanking trinket though!

Ciderhelm mention something about thunderclap helps the mages... I wonder just how is that?

Arcane talent, torment of the weak. Increases damage done to slowed targets (counts attack speed debuffs, thunderclap) by 12%

Killed him in 10m last night. Two of the most important things we learned for phase 2. 1. Be in position for your portal before it opens, that will allow more brain dps time. Affliction Locks are full of win on Brain DPS.
    2. Decursing above ground is of utmost importance. There is almost no damage bieng done up top. Its all debuffs that can be removed. Having someone in the brain room that can remove the stun debuff is also very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Byte View Post
    The mod is called Auracle (Like Oracle.. but aura.. lol).
    Hodir freezes people if they are about to die for 6 seconds. If you need to get to a portal or out of a gas cloud that 6 seconds can cause a wipe. Same deal if you have pallies doing their HoP.
    I setup:

/CancelAura Flash Freeze
    /CancelAura Hand of Protection
    /CancelAura Ice Block
    Good macro also for phase 3 when tanks have aggro on immortals and loose it if they get i-blocked.

In phase 3 I'm having problems picking up the immortals spawning behind the boss before they hit some melee. Someone knows any macro or addon that can help targeting?

Jonyxz, I would recommend having a holy paladin in the back running righteous fury. This would ideally direct adds through you to the paladin, your job is to taunt them before they reach the raid.

Also, I'm not sure of the hitbox on yogg, but asking them to step back as much as possible (and group up) would also help.

music

that is some cool and relaxing music you have there.
    from who is it?

First tries...

Went to Yogg 10 last night with a ranged heavy group, in hopes of trivializing phase 1... So much for that.

The stepping in clouds got cleaner as the night went on, and overall we were able to keep up with the spawns. However, around 25% (on sara) we were getting far too many guardians spawning to control, which either led into a sloppy transition into phase 2, or a wipe. At this point I'm unsure how to proceed, any tips on being in a better position entering phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    Went to Yogg 10 last night with a ranged heavy group, in hopes of trivializing phase 1... So much for that.

The stepping in clouds got cleaner as the night went on, and overall we were able to keep up with the spawns. However, around 25% (on sara) we were getting far too many guardians spawning to control, which either led into a sloppy transition into phase 2, or a wipe. At this point I'm unsure how to proceed, any tips on being in a better position entering phase 2?

A balanced raid is key, remember that melee is extremely usefull, if not required for P2.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I got a question though. We will be running this with 2 healers(druid priest). In p2...how many ppl go into the portals and also what roles go in...is it ok to just send in full melee group?

and in p3...when you kill the adds....you kill it near YS so you can aoe cleave/TC or whatever right? my question there is...maybe I misunderstood but doesn't the add if it dies summons a healing aoe that heals Yogg also?

Inform pls.

We're going to be going for our first yogg25 tonight. Wondering about the raid setup. For portals, would 1 hunter, 1 druid healer + 8 melee be acceptable? 3 tanks, 6 healers 8 ranged for the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Avandar View Post
    We're going to be going for our first yogg25 tonight. Wondering about the raid setup. For portals, would 1 hunter, 1 druid healer + 8 melee be acceptable? 3 tanks, 6 healers 8 ranged for the rest?
    Nice sig, there <Core> of Greymane. Portals seemed to work pretty good, got some unlucky skull spawns where no matter which way you turned you were facing a skull. Also had issues with no-one really knowing if all the tentacles inside the room were dead or close to it.

Thinking we should've called out 'left side good' and 'right side good' and 'back good' so that the portal group would know who needs help inside there, but that might clutter up vent.

Tanking worked well with the center tank in dpsgear/spec in p1, and healing was phenomenal at times. Some people's dps output was the missing link imo.

Q for TankSpot crew: what is the easiest way to set up interrupts on Guardians that are in the process of being ferried to the center in p1? Those targets are not being focus-fired by people used to pressing their interrupt button (read: Kick), so alot of the volleys go off, slowing the add down.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbear View Post

Q for TankSpot crew: what is the easiest way to set up interrupts on Guardians that are in the process of being ferried to the center in p1? Those targets are not being focus-fired by people used to pressing their interrupt button (read: Kick), so alot of the volleys go off, slowing the add down.
    shield bash strangulate druid bash and hoj

even with a 1 minute cooldown and it being on global I can get a decent amount of sub 30% interrupts with bash as a druid

How many portals spawn on 10-man, 3 or 4?

Are people sending 1 Healer and 2 DPS into the portals, or 3 DPS and hoping they can survive by avoiding the damage?

Also, how much damage do you have to do in Phase 2? I assume it's not 11M so at what percentage does the fight transition to Phase 3?

+ Reply to Thread