+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar Yogg-Saron

To a point. Melee will only have about 10 seconds in the tentacle room before they need to get in position for portals. It's far more important to have every portal taken immediately than whatever damage they could do to corruptors.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

My concern is that without thorim to kill them, will empowered shadows heal them back up to the point they start to regain their damage buff when doing hard modes (as even if you cannot kill them you need to get them to low %s because there is no way a tank can handle that many fully stacked adds)

from what I understand though is that if the adds are more than 20 yards from yogg they will not be healed but again this is all speculation

He's dead, 25-man video will be coming soon.

Death to the tentacle masta!

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

25-man movie is uploading and encoding at the moment. Donors will be able to download both an unedited kill video and the guide video. About 2 hours on YouTube videos and hopefully about the same on donor downloads.

The unedited version is up for Donors.

Yogg-Saron 25-man is embedded in the original post now! Enjoy!

So much great info, thanks again to all contributors. I also think it's really handy to have the script there to refer back to specifics... wonder if that's something we could see again?

Guide version is now available for donors as well! Enjoy!

Amazing job as always Cider and Lore.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Very well done! Many thanks to you two and all those who helped.
    Thanks you for all these Project Marmot Videos - it's just fantastic!

Question about your UI.

The sunder armor, thunderclap, and demo shout onto the left side of your UI.

How did make them stay and also show the timer/application?

I am thinking Satrine's Buff Frame or Power Auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizari View Post
    Question about your UI.

The sunder armor, thunderclap, and demo shout onto the left side of your UI.

How did make them stay and also show the timer/application?

I am thinking Satrine's Buff Frame or Power Auras.

The mod is called Auracle (Like Oracle.. but aura.. lol).
    Cider made us all get it to do this boss >.< A bit of a pain to setup but pretty cool really.

It is also very helpful to setup a couple macros.
    Hodir freezes people if they are about to die for 6 seconds. If you need to get to a portal or out of a gas cloud that 6 seconds can cause a wipe. Same deal if you have pallies doing their HoP.
    I setup:

/CancelAura Flash Freeze
    /CancelAura Hand of Protection
    /CancelAura Ice Block

Unless you are a mage you don't need the Ice Block one.

Cider may have mentioned this in the movie (can't watch it while at work) but we had a ranged calling out what the ranged where supposed to be killing. He would make the decision on when to finish off a Corrupter, when to kill Constricters, etc.

Auracle doesnt seem to have the feature to put each window into columns and rows...

So guess Ciderhelm made the 1 Column 3 Row with 3 windows?

EDIT: never mind... found under the windows name in this case "Target"

Our first 25man kill a week or 2 ago from rogue and elemental PoVs:
    http://www.sixpackguild.com/AVIS/6P-Yogg-Saron.mkv

Because of the length and the quality its 887mb and i'm not sure of the speeds if a lot of people jump on it although it should be fine.

Was the first time we got a clean p3 and only about our 5th hour on him IIRC so theres a few things that could be done better but its a decent kill.

Gratz for kill.

I have a nab question for you! I need to know the name of the add on to see the bar on the enemy. I use the Bliz bar but your bar are better

What setup have people been using on this fight? We're being held back by DPS it seems and we're running the fabulous 2 tank / 3 healer setup in 25 man. Not sure if we've missed something vital…*We've gotten to phase 3 quite a few tries now but we just get zonked by in general having tentacles left from phase 2 and / or too many adds spawning.

Regards
    Roarc

wow you should have heaps of dps then either they cant play their class or they are executing the strategy badly =/

we run 3tanks 5healers

Haha, well yeah, I was a bit surprised when our raid leader said that last night. Two tanks work quite ok even if I have my worries for phase 3 and we have zero tolerance for tank mishaps in phase 1 and with only 2 tanks in phase 3 the same sort of goes there (i.e. if dps falls behind in any way we're sort of screwed with no backup).

Regards
    Roarc

Finally got our first 25-man kill, and I'm emotionally drained heh. Went with 3 tanks and 6 healers. The biggest aspect of the fight is phase transitions, either from phase 1 to phase 2, or from illusion to brain phase. They need to be speedy and smooth because falling behind always seems to lead to death. We can't ever having 2 crushers up for too long, or have more than 3 brain phases or we fall too far behind.

There was a slip up in phase 1 where an add died too far away, but the extra tank helped us recover. So judge how well your raid performs if you need that 3rd tank (if you wish to go with Roarc's guild strat).

On our kill attempt, only a couple of corruptor tentacles were up. If possible have some coordination with people DPS'ing the brain to wait until every crusher tentacle is dead before going into phase 3 (I died once cause we went to phase 3 while I was DPS'ing one and it instantly owned me).

In phase 3 we had melee on adds and casters on YS. We tried the opposite, but adds just got out of control and piled up on us. Having a 3rd tank was crucial due to the fact that I had to go into a sanity well to regain my sanity (I went all the way down to 20...bad timing turning to slam an add while getting it into position?), and the backup was ready to fill in my place for a bit.

+ Reply to Thread