+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tuskar's Vitality or 22 stam to boots?

Tuskar's Vitality or 22 stam to boots?

Hi all,

I've been tweaking my stuff for the sake of testing and I heard a suggestion regarding my boot enchants - Currently using +22 stam; heard that Tuskar's (stam + run speed) is actually better for tanking.

I can probably guess that that the run speed will help me get to where I want to be faster (presumed to be in front of some mob / boss without the assistance of charge?)

Regards,
    Caddy

TV - Run speed is a beneficial stat for nearly every single fight in Ulduar for either decreasing your 'time to engage' or making kiting/position easiar

I prefer tuskar's vitality. the movement speed helps you get around on any fight were add control might be an issue. Not to mention getting out of any danger etc. Its worth the extra gold to get this enchant.

Tuskar's Vitality all the way.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I definitely prefer Tuskarr's Vitality for my boot enchant. If you're really worried about the loss in stam pick up an second pair of boots and put 22 stam on them when you don't need the run speed increase.

To be honest, I've gotten this far without any interest in the run speed; I'm sure it's helpful, but if I need to stay out of AoE, I just intervene to someone.

Ignis is one of those fights where I had to stay away from an (exploding) brittle target - intervene to a raid member. The macro for charge / intervene is a life saver.

I'll put on the vitality, but I'm still not convinced.

While minor speed increase is nothing incredibly awesome, it is much easier to imagine a situation when being slightly faster to compensate minor lag or minor loss of focus lets you avoid a tick of damage or one melee hit from kited mob, than to imagine a situation when 7 stamina will save your life.

Also, it is nice to race healers and dpsers running back after wipe, or gain range for Concussion Blow on running away Horde bastard.

TV definitely. Especially if you're a MT. I'll take a 7 stam loss for a speed increase any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataztrophe View Post
    TV definitely. Especially if you're a MT. I'll take a 7 stam loss for a speed increase any day.
    ^This.

You could get away with 22sta in naxx, but you should definitely pick up TV for ulduar.

Tuskarr's Vitality... no question. And I am a bigtime stamina stacker. But in this case, it's well well worth the tradeoff.

Any serious tank knows the benefits of mobility. Yes, you have Charge and Intervene, but Charge has a cooldown and Intervene requires that you switch targets to a player, and requires that there is a player where you want to go. This enchant is passive... it is at work all the time. And as someone above pointed out, mobility is huge in Ulduar...

Razorscale: 8% quicker to pick up adds. 8% quicker to move out of blue fire. 8% quicker to pull the Sentinel out away from people.
    Ignis: 8% quicker to move out of Scorch. 8% quicker to pull a construct to the water.
    XT: 8% quicker to get away if bombed (offtanks).
    Assembly: 8% quicker to get away from little guy's explosion. 8% quicker to move out of a rune.

Etc., etc.

Kerg: Don't forget you can also intercept in def stance now.

But I am totally in the Tuskarr fan club. I can only think of two fights in Ulduar (XT, Vezax) where the tank doesn't move.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Kerg: Don't forget you can also intercept in def stance now.

But I am totally in the Tuskarr fan club. I can only think of two fights in Ulduar (XT, Vezax) where the tank doesn't move.
    You don't move on Vezax?

There's two choices for Vezax: tank through the enrage with cooldowns or kite. Staying still avoids the issues with positioning, which is already a challenge for the mana users, if you have the cooldowns to do it. This is why there's all the DK whine around it, because IBF effectively handles it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vezax changed off the back of all this crying :P

But yes, fair point - if you were going to kite, you'd certainly want TV.

+ Reply to Thread