+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Paladin, healing hordir

Holy Paladin, healing hordir

Ok so i am usually a tank, but for this fight we decided the extra healer would be good... so i went holy..
    on Hordir ( the forst guy in ulduar) i am having this hard time, i am use to just stay on MT and heal him, but am i suppose to be jumping for person to person healing each one, or should the Druid and shaman take care of the group and i take care of the MT? and if i am suppose to be jumping around does anyone have tips for me?

The way we do it in our guild is that we have the Pally along with a shaman or another healer on the MT. Hodirs Frozen Blows hits hard so we have to keep the Mt up at all times. We then have myelf a Holy Priest keeping the rest of the raid up. Becuase of the fact I have gone into the empower renew talent I HOT up each person and POM myself. With that said and done the only thing the pally and other healer needs to worry about is keeping the tank up and moving away from the cave ins and getting on the mounds when Flash Freeze happens.

*Remember, you always need to keep moving otherwise you will get the debuff that stacks. Once you pass 4 debuffs the damage you take becomes quite a bit and it is hard to get rid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Broteas View Post

*Remember, you always need to keep moving otherwise you will get the debuff that stacks. Once you pass 4 debuffs the damage you take becomes quite a bit and it is hard to get rid off.
    The other option is to stand by the npc mages fire - you can stand still and not get the debuff then, makes healing alot easier.
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

the whole moving thing wasn't a huge problem for me, its more having to jump all round healing people, and when i say jumping all around i mean like jumping on the raid chart from person to person

That will depend on your healing assignment. Either you will be assigned to heal the MT or you will be assigned to heal the raid. Make sure your raid leader or healing lead tells you which. If you need to raid heal, then mouse-over macros, so you can heal targets up quickly, are very useful.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Healers benefit from standing in the moonbeams for extra healing haste. If you see a moonbeam next to a toasty fire that's a prime spot to stand until ice starts to fall.

I disregaurd moonbeams and basically anything but a toasty fire for this fight, im a resto shaman. Chain he is too slow again for this fight when Frozen Blows come out. As a paladin you should primarily be taking care of yourself and the main tank. Anyone else should be tossing hots to the tank and keeping the raid alive, especially during the Frozen Blows period.

But healers + toasty fires are almost a must, because the debuff won't immediately go away if you have more than one on you. Any moment spent not healing, can result in death. During frozen blows that is.
    I remember The Beets - Killer Tofu Tour

Targeting different players after each other isn't hard if you got good raid frames (grid ftw) and if you are raid healing make sure you got Glyph of Holy Light. Holy Light on the raid works great with a beacon on the MT.

Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield on the tank. Start the fight with divine plea. Try to use it again when he is casting flash frezee (boss will stop dmg for 8 seconds), use a macro do dispell it if necessary.
    Spam holy lights on the tank, hand of freedom whenever is possible after flash frezees.
    For the frost stack, jump. When you are jumping, holy shock on raid member, healing him and the tank.
    Use Aura Mastery with Frost Aura when he uses Frozen Blows, this will help alot raid healing (this is quite game breaking for this fight). Avoid holy ligthing the main tanker when Frozen Blows is on, try to Holy Light someone with low hp and that is in range for Glyph Of Holy light and the Beaconed Tank.
    Using NPC's buffs is usefull, but surely not needed. If your dps' are heaving problems with too much ice blocks falling at the lights due stacking, leave it to them. I know that it's not natural for a paladin to move every 3 seconds, but you need to focus on your debuffs more than anything. It's very easy to forget about moving while intense healing frozen blows, but you will surely die beucase of that.

If you don't have a priest to dispell you will have to focus on that also. Dispelling it asap is crucial, since the dmg you can avoid moving (ice blocks + stacking) is way highers than that you could heal in one GCD.
    Is your tank using frost resist gear? This will help alot. Is everyone is high video settings so they can see easly the iceblocks? Some people that get hit often normally don't have this option and just can't see when dmg is comming.

Remember you can bubble out from flash frezees, but you shouldn't get hit anyway. If you are confident enough that you won't get hit, save it for frozen blows, so you can spam holy lights without having to move during the raid dmg. Use this when you don't have aura mastery cooldown.
    Last edited by Raiss; 05-09-2009 at 02:45 PM.
    Raiss ~ Holy Paladin @ Gurubashi Horde.
    Chosen Man.

Just jump once after you finish casting each spell. Unless you have 8 second cast times, you won't stack the debuff and get yourself frozen.

+ Reply to Thread