So I was thinking about the current state of the guild and thought I should point out a few things:
- We are beginning to have full raids which is great
- Most of the new trials are under-geared / inexperienced with little to no situational awareness which is not so great
- Our 25m average DPS is VERY sub-par (a few high dps can't account for multiple mediocre/shitty dps)
- Instead of bitching about it, getting frustrated or yelling in vent (making people feel like crap and not want to play) I suggest we follow this Raiding approach
- Tuesday - Run VoA25 & Ulduar25 (Usually takes the whole raid night - DKP & VoA incentive for everyone to be on, prevents people from saving themselves to non-guild VoA)
- Wednesday - Finish Ulduar25 & run Normal ToC25 (Main raid night (phat l00tz off Normal ToC25) incentive for people to be on)
- Thursday - Normal Ony25 & ToC10/Ony10/VoA10 & begin Heroic ToC10 (Incentive for people to show up for Ony25 drops as well as 10m normal & heroic lootz. 2 Groups of Heroic 10m ToC, anyone online and ready to go that doesn't get a spot gets a bonus 5DKP for sitting out)
- Monday - Benchmark Day - Heroic ToC25 to see where we stand. Max 10 wipes on each boss before being called unless group votes to continue. Finish Heroic 10m ToC if required and run any remaining crap (Yogg+1 god damn it) or alt runs
The idea behind this schedule is to let everyone know exactly what we are doing each day and provide real incentive to show up. Just as importantly it gears our new & old players alike and gets us working together with new members as a 25m raid group (practice makes perfect).
Monday, benchmark day, we get to see where we stand as a guild running Heroic ToC25. If we do REALLY
well we can skip Ulduar and continue Heroic ToC25 on Tuesday (this is our end goal). However, since we are CLEARLY short in a lot of areas we can maintain this schedule getting all the drops from Ulduar that half the guild seems to still need and improving our benchmark day each week.
Those who don't need lootz off Ulduar will still be getting DKP for it and we should attempt all fairly easy hardmodes (and harder ones as we get more gear) while not slowing down the raid (Normal FL 0 towers, Speed kill Ignis, Toast guys on Razer, Hard Decon, Normal IC, Achiev Kolo, Normal Cat bitch, Hard Hodir, Normal Freya, Hard Thorim, Normal Mimiron, Hard General, Normal Yogg.)
Each week we should add 1 more hardmode however if we have 2 consecutive wipes on ANY hardmode we immediately kill it normal so that we can proceed through the instance and not waste time.
Basically, instead of getting frustrated that we have people that are under-geared and inexperienced I think it would be far more beneficial to fix the problem by gearing those people and getting them the experience they lack. Recruiting is well and good but this is always the problem with recruiting, most good people are already in guilds so lets work with new people and avoid the biggest guild killer of all.... attendance / not raiding
An attendance stick to go with the carrot incentives would be this:
Show up ON TIME (invites @ 6:45 pull @ 7) with FLASKS and POTS and FOOD; anyone that fails @ this and either doesn't show up or doesn't have what they need loses their raid spot on Wednesday (best Ulduar drops and all Normal ToC25 night). If an emergency comes up thats fine but players MUST post here on our site in the 'attendance' forum letting people know PRIOR to the raid.