+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super Health or Powerful Stats?

Super Health or Powerful Stats?

Greetings all,

Last night, Repelling Charge dropped for me. I used it to replace Essence of Gossamer. I still have the Essence, it's simply too good of an item to get rid of. However, this did knock me down 1000hp. The charge makes up for that in certain situations. The great thing about the charge is that it frees up a LOT of defensive points I had lying around. About 25 if I haven't changed anything since (and I don't believe I have) due to about 8 points of defense buffer I already had. Needless to say, I can dump quite a few of the defensive gems I have, and the defensive enchant on my chest piece.

The question then becomes, what do I put on my chest piece? Powerful Stats is a highly recommended standard (with Super Stats as a cheaper alternative.) But with the recent loss of hp, the enchant Enchant Chest - Super Health looks really nice (I'm also thinking about using some +24 stam gems).

I was wondering what your thoughts and takes on this were. I'm posting my armory, not for an armory review but so that you can take a look at my stats as they are and what not if you wish, to make a more accurate assessment. Though, if I'm not mistaken, there's a bit of discrepency between Armory and the actual WoW numbers (likely due to talents and what not). Thanks.

Lulia

Edit:
    Apologies... I was testing out some Icebane stuff, so my gear in the Armory is not accurate.

I wear Tempered Titansteel Treads with a +22 Stamina enchant
    Heroe's Scourgeborne Chestguard with (+8 exp +12 stam)x2 and a +22 Def rating enchant
    and
    Waistguard of Living Iron with (+16 def rating) and (+8 hit +12 stam)(Eternal Belt Buckle).
    Last edited by Chamenas; 05-02-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Essense of the Gossamer is 111 stamina, so its 1,32 stamina per def rating point. It is also scaling with Kings.

275 health on chest compared to 22 def is 12,5 health per def point, so worse. Also, not scaling with kings.

Imo, just stick with Gossamer, and get def enchant on chest. Or, if you can afford it, stick with Gossamer and enchant health on chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    Essense of the Gossamer is 111 stamina, so its 1,32 stamina per def rating point. It is also scaling with Kings.

275 health on chest compared to 22 def is 12,5 health per def point, so worse. Also, not scaling with kings.

Imo, just stick with Gossamer, and get def enchant on chest. Or, if you can afford it, stick with Gossamer and enchant health on chest.
    I have 548 def with the def enchant on my chest, so I can afford to drop it for the hp enchant. The question is, should I drop it for the hp enchant or Powerful Stats? I assume Powerful Stats scales with Kings, whereas Super Health does not.

Thank you for responding.

Consider 275 hp is worth less than 22 stam when you factor in kings and scaleing.

So is 22 stam worth more to you than 10 stam + 10 agi (armor) + 10 str (AP and BV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    Consider 275 hp is worth less than 22 stam when you factor in kings and scaleing.

So is 22 stam worth more to you than 10 stam + 10 agi (armor) + 10 str (AP and BV)
    I have no clue, should it be? That's my question

No, it should not be...

Quote Originally Posted by Lizana View Post
    No, it should not be...

What exactly does the agility and strength become as far as numbers for armor, attack power, and parry?

Usually I would recommend Super Health. However depending on the content you will be tanking you might have other options. If you intend to head into Ulduar I would go with Super Health, when you are first learning the content health will be of more benefit.
    If you don't intent to spend much time in Ulduar then Powerful Stats can help boost your threat a tiny bit from the AP and SBV, or you could just stick with defense for gear flexibility.

10 agi = 20 armor , .06 crit, and a small % of dodge, cant find the exact amount though
    10 str = 20 attack power

And keep in mind that is the armor value pre modfiers that you as a DK tank have.
    Last edited by Lizana; 05-02-2009 at 04:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread