+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badge of Conquestion priority list?

Badge of Conquestion priority list?

Has anyone developed, or seen a list around, of what the best items to take with the Emblems of Conquest are for warriors dealing with progression content? Assuming of course you haven't picked something up in that slot from Ulduar anyway...

I looked at the items myself, and assuming you don't have the legs from kolo, the legs would be the biggest EH upgrade (from full BiS naxx25 gear). I cant remember what i came up with for 2nd and 3rd, i think boots were 2nd IIRC.

I'd say the belt should be your first purchase, since as far as I know, nothing better has been discovered yet in Ulduar.

The crafted belt is nice too but we have seen zero crafting patterns drop for any profession and I'm up to 12 badges now.

I looked at the legs last night and I am content to stick to my Malygos legs for now.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Try to get priority on your guild's first runed orbs and get the belt/boots crafted since they're better than anything you'll see drop outta Uld ez modes.
    That way, you can save your conquest for t8.5 tokens

imho, anyway.

i've got the boots, working on the belt. check with other guild's to see if they've dropped but they're both amazing.

I am sure there will be one coming soon, however you have to really weigh your guild's capabilities and resources.

Shieldwarder Girdle: Unless you are rich, your guild is extremely lucky on Runed Orbs drops and somehow have priority on getting your guild's supply, then picking up the belt is not necessarily a bad thing. However, the upgrade over Maexxna's belt is not huge enough to push this up on the priority list.

Wyrmguard Legplates: The pants are only worth it if you do not have Legplates of Sovereignty. Even then, if you have the Dragon Brood Legguards these pants, while an upgrade to EH, are a decent Avoidance loss that makes them less of a priority in the grand scheme of things. With the Kologarn now reachable by most guilds, using a finite resource on a pair of Shield Block pants is counter productive.

Shard of the Crystal Forest: Just plain not worth it for 90% of those that are in Ulduar. Sure its the cheapest of the conquest items, however its just not a large enough upgrade to take first. If you are walking out of Tier 7 wearing only Heritage, this is a stat for stat upgrade and may be worth wild taking if Titanstone doesn't drop by the time you get your first 19 emblems.

Gauntlets of the Royal Watch: A very nice set of gloves to be sure. Picking these up will definitely be an upgrade for you in just about everyway no matter what you are using. If you are wearing your 7.5 gloves to maintain your 2piece bonus, you will probably want to push these down the list.

Tier 8 Tokens: Both tokens cost 58 emblems. Depending on how deep your guild is currently capable of clearing into Ulduar you will probably wish to save for one or both of these tokens. Especially if you are with a guild who either uses a pure dkp system or has no form of tank gear priority. Obtaining the 4 set bonus for tier8 will vastly increase Warrior survivability inside certain encounters. While all encounters are tankable without the bonus, the ease of tanking these becomes greater with it.

My order would be Chest, Helm, Gloves, Belt, Neck at the current time.

Shieldwarder Girdle: The crafted Indestructible Plate Girdle is a much bigger upgrade. Lobby your guild leaders to get the orbs to craft it instead of spending badges on this, IMO.

Wyrmguard Legplates: Too much wasted itemization on Block Rating make these inferior to Maly's legs or the ones from Kologarn. Don't get 'em, unless you just don't already have better.

Shard of the Crystal Forest: Slightly better than the Nexus Beads, IMO, but really a sidegrade. What's more, the one from Kologarn 10-man is better. Low priority, IMO.

Gauntlets of the Royal Watch: Nice upgrade from T7.5, but not if you have to break the 2-piece set bonus for it. So I'd say get 'em if you don't need T7.5 for set bonus, otherwise, hold off.

Since I need my T7.5 gloves right now to maintain the set bonus, I will probably save mine for T8 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerg View Post
    Shieldwarder Girdle: The crafted Indestructible Plate Girdle is a much bigger upgrade. Lobby your guild leaders to get the orbs to craft it instead of spending badges on this, IMO.
    With these belts I would say it will depend much more on what type of guild you are a member of, 6 Runed orbs is quite alot this early in the piece and can probably be better spent elsewhere if you are not going to be attempting things like Hard modes any time soon. Also the flipside to these belts is that while the Idestructible plate girdle is better for EH, it loses out on threat and (IMO) has much poorer itemisation when compared with Shieldwarder Girdle.

I would say look into who else can use the orbs before grabbing them for this belt, although it is sexy, 24 extra stamina may not be worth the Orbs this early on.

EDIT: I agree with Jericho's order
    Last edited by Rhyseh; 04-30-2009 at 10:35 PM.

I agree with Jericho's order too.

Personally I will probably go with t8 chest/helm (depends what will I get from raids first) and then I will probably buy belt or necklace (again, it's only if I won't get any nice necklace or belt from raids).

Right now I have t8 gloves, belt from Razorscale 10man, Heritage and t8,5 legs. I am already swimming in hit rating (272 hit rating with Barricade of Eternity and 300! with Northern Barrier). I am not interested in hit rating, because I already have hot rating over the cap. Sadly emblems of conquest items have a lot of hit rating on them, and they aren't interesting for me.

Runed Orbs on the other hand are too expensive, so I will stick with t8 items first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    With these belts I would say it will depend much more on what type of guild you are a member of, 6 Runed orbs is quite alot this early in the piece and can probably be better spent elsewhere if you are not going to be attempting things like Hard modes any time soon. Also the flipside to these belts is that while the Idestructible plate girdle is better for EH, it loses out on threat and (IMO) has much poorer itemisation when compared with Shieldwarder Girdle.

I would say look into who else can use the orbs before grabbing them for this belt, although it is sexy, 24 extra stamina may not be worth the Orbs this early on.

EDIT: I agree with Jericho's order
    Well, I think the EH and avoidance gains are worth it if it's for the MT. But yeah, it's going to be up to the guild leadership as to where those will be spent first.

And I don't know about you, but so far in Ulduar, survivability has been a much bigger issue for the me than threat. I have placed a much bigger emphasis on EH/avoidance vs. threat stats, because it's usually me dying that's going to cause wipe. Not losing threat. I've been scaling back my threat stats in favor of more EH/avoidance.

Plus, the crafted belt may not have Expertise or Hit on it, but it does have a lot of Strength on it for a bit of a threat boost through BV.

+ Reply to Thread