+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armoury Feedback and recomendations

Armoury Feedback and recomendations

Ok, having come back form a 3 month lay-off from wow I find my guild is moving in to Naxx10 (ok so we are way behind a lot of guilds but we are a small guild so taking time to get places). My time in-game is not great but do sometimes get asked to tank (usually OT) and expect that will happen in Naxx10.

So questions

1) how does my gear stack for Naxx10? I know I am stacking the icebane gear but there was a guide on here sometime ago that recommended it as an easy pre-raid gear choice (is it worth my swapping for the Saronite gear or wont I see much change)?

2) how does my talent spec look? I am happy with solo PvE but sometimes feel I am slow on the tanking point - not got my keybinds really set for intervene and if I am struggling to hold aggro find myself running round like a headless chicken!!!!!

3) if you could swap 1 item on my gear which one, what for and wht (lol cheeky or what)....

my armoury is:

The World of Warcraft Armory

just noticed my armor value is low - am sure it is closer to 22k - is there an armour buff applied in NR vs original content? Not holding anything unusual so not sure where that went (did the last patch nerf my armour or something?)

all assitance greatly appreciated from a slowly developing warrior tank

1) Icebane gear is garbage. It has loads of stamina and no stats on it at all. Trust me, less stamina and 1 slot are a bargain for the 2-3 tanking bonuses you get on that gear. On top of that, Frost Resist is basically Sapphiron exclusive. What you want is Tempered Titansteel Helm and Tempered Titansteel Treads. For your chest there isn't much better (Breastplate of the Solemn Council has less stam but more stats) unless you farm emblems for T7 Chest. 140 Emblems of Heroism will land you T7 Chest and Hands, but don't spend too long farming for all of the Emblem gear, some better will drop in Naxx anyways.

As far as gear goes, you are halfway there. You need to farm heroics for any epic tanking gear (Red Sword of Courage from H UP, Bolstered Legplates from H VH, etc). I would also compare Tundra Pauldrons with Tempered Saronite Shoulders (see which stats you need more).

2) If you are Off-Tanking, you have a bit more freedom in your talent spec. However, if you MT there is a pretty strict talent spec (Every tanking guide on this site has it).

3) Already did.

Good Luck.

thanks for the response..... gear wise I have had the same advice on Icebane so need to raid the piggy-bank ;-) breastplate I will probably leave for now... and I keep looking at replacing the shoulders but think the ones I have are adequate until something drops (there is HoS normal quest that I am yet to do that gives shoulders that may be slightly better)

+ Reply to Thread